F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Tyre time
GetBMWParts

07-01-2018, 10:11 AM   #1
gds54
Rep
Drives: Still looking

Tyre time

I only need rear tyres this time around. Can't make up my mind, narrowed it down to :-

Replace rears with Goodyear RFT
Replace rears with Michelin PS4S
Replace all four with Michelin PS4S (not preferred due to cost outlay when fronts are still on 4-5mm)

Is the difference from RFT to non-RFT really that noticeable?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 09:33 AM   #2
Z_Victor1
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 G22 M440i 👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by gds54 View Post
I only need rear tyres this time around. Can't make up my mind, narrowed it down to :-

Replace rears with Goodyear RFT
Replace rears with Michelin PS4S
Replace all four with Michelin PS4S (not preferred due to cost outlay when fronts are still on 4-5mm)

Is the difference from RFT to non-RFT really that noticeable?
I have same question.....just need rears. Got a chunk out of one of my rears with 4mm tread all round....PITA.

Also from what I've been reading, it appears it's not advisable to fit non-rfts to one axle (as a pair) and not the other as well.

Shame....

But yes, according to comments on the forum, Goodyear seems to be the best rft at the moment and MPSS the best 'normal' tyre. Is that right....as I see you favour the PS4S....?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 02:01 PM   #3
gds54
Rep
Drives: Still looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Victor1 View Post
I have same question.....just need rears. Got a chunk out of one of my rears with 4mm tread all round....PITA.

Also from what I've been reading, it appears it's not advisable to fit non-rfts to one axle (as a pair) and not the other as well.

Shame....

But yes, according to comments on the forum, Goodyear seems to be the best rft at the moment and MPSS the best 'normal' tyre. Is that right....as I see you favour the PS4S....?
I have also read that. But how bad can it be? I get the issues mixing on the same axle.

PS4S is the replacement for MPSS. Meant to be as good/better although I have no first hand experience.
Appreciate 0