F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > If you're planning to use the discount from Ultimate Driving Experience, Read This!!!
ARMA SPEED

07-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #23
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snelldogg View Post
can someone please confirm there CA is allowing this credit to be used for ED?
What confirmation are you asking for? It clearly states that it CANNOT be used for ED.

Offer may be redeemed at an authorized BMW center for Stateside (U.S.) delivery only and cannot be used for European delivery
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #24
snelldogg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: New to the stable. G87 BG, 6MT

The confusion is that people continue to post about this in an ED section of the forum.

Don't you think that is confusing/misleading???
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #25
mntbiker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelldogg View Post
The confusion is that people continue to post about this in an ED section of the forum.

Don't you think that is confusing/misleading???
This section of the forum is: "F30 3 SERIES ORDERING / PRICING / ORDER TRACKING FORUM (INCLUDING EUROPEAN DELIVERY)"

This is not an ED-only forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #26
antidentite
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: See signature

This seems to be poorly planned by BMW, since my UDE event isn't until 8/22 and I plan on ordering a vehicle right after that. However, this also means I may not take delivery of the car prior to the expiration of this offer on 10/31.
Current: '17 Porsche Macan GTS
Current: '04 V8 4Runner
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #27
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by antidentite View Post
This seems to be poorly planned by BMW, since my UDE event isn't until 8/22 and I plan on ordering a vehicle right after that. However, this also means I may not take delivery of the car prior to the expiration of this offer on 10/31.
When you go to the UDE and since you're going to order, make sure the dealer modifies one that is in 112 status so its scheduled for production and will be starting pretty soon. Also make sure it is a Germany build. You should place the order that day, or 1-2 days later if you want to take advantage of the UDE credit
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #28
mntbiker
Captain
United_States
Rep

Usually BMW does the holiday incentives starting in November. It seems like this is intentionally timed to expire before those are introduced so that people can't stack multiple thousands in incentives.

I'm thinking that if the car gets delivered in November and misses the UDE cutoff, it may not matter if there are equivalent holiday incentives.

That's my hope anyway.. as my delivery will be pushing the Oct 31st deadline pretty closely!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #29
boulderado
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 428i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason335iMsport View Post
When you go to the UDE and since you're going to order, make sure the dealer modifies one that is in 112 status so its scheduled for production and will be starting pretty soon. Also make sure it is a Germany build. You should place the order that day, or 1-2 days later if you want to take advantage of the UDE credit
Hey Jason I have a question for you since you are a dealer

Once I attend the UDE on 8/8 (week 32) my dealer is going to change my order from Priority 3 (stock) to Priority 1 (customer sold). Currently my car is scheduled for production in week 36.

Is there any way to pull that production week to an earlier date once the order is Priority 1? I know it is not the most ethical thing to do but could my CA change the status to "customer sold" today by providing a fake customer name on the order and then simply change that name with mine once I attend UDE?

My CA mentioned that, come 8/8, there might be a car slotted for an earlier production date with its configuration still open for modification. Is that what you were saying in your message that I quoted?

I have also read somewhere that the dealers might be able to trade allocations so if my dealer finds a similarly speced 428 xdrive scheduled for production, can they simply trade for that very order?

Any other possibility you can think of for getting an earlier production date?

Thanks

Last edited by boulderado; 07-18-2013 at 04:26 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #30
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boulderado View Post
Hey Jason I have a question for you since you are a dealer

Once I attend the UDE on 8/8 (week 32) my dealer is going to change my order from Priority 3 (stock) to Priority 1 (customer sold). Currently my car is scheduled for production in week 36.

Is there any way to pull that production week to an earlier date once the order is Priority 1? I know it is not the most ethical thing to do but could my CA change the status to "customer sold" today by providing a fake customer name on the order and then simply change that name with mine once I attend UDE?

My CA mentioned that, come 8/8, there might be a car slotted for an earlier production date with it is configuration still open for modification. Is that what you were saying in your message that I quoted?

I have also read somewhere that the dealers might be able to trade allocations so if my dealer finds a similarly speced 428 xdrive scheduled for production, can they simply trade for that very order?

Any other possibility you can think of for getting an earlier production date?

Thanks
No we can't tell BMW when to build sold vehicles but when they are marked P1, they do start those first so it will start being built a little earlier than its supposed to.

Personally, I wouldn't put a fake name in there then change it, and not risking BMW finding that out. Plus it was marked P1 before the event so I doubt it would still qualify for the UDE credit anyway.

Yes that's what I was talking about. Modifying an existing allocation. Happens all the time.

Yes we can trade with other dealers for vehicles but being a 4 Series, its going to be very limited to start and many dealers won't give up an allocation. Depends if they are getting back a 4 Series they are happy with color and equipment wise.

Really no other way to get an earlier production date besides having them go through their 4 Sereis allocation and give you the one with the earliest production week that fits into the UDE

Last edited by JasonX4MComp; 07-18-2013 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #31
boulderado
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 428i xDrive

Thanks for the info man!

I think you are probably right, if the car is P1 before UDE then regardless of the customer name it most likely won't qualify for the $1000 discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason335iMsport View Post
No we can't tell BMW when to build sold vehicles but when they are marked P1, they do start those first so it will start being built a little earlier than its supposed to.
And when you say "a little earlier than it is supposed to" once my order is changed to P1 in week 32 for a week 36 production, could it give me a week or two? Week 34 production would be amazing
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #32
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boulderado View Post
Thanks for the info man!

I think you are probably right, if the car is P1 before UDE then regardless of the customer name it most likely won't qualify for the $1000 discount.

And when you say "a little earlier than it is supposed to" once my order is changed to P1 in week 32 for a week 36 production, could it give me a week or two? Week 34 production would be amazing
Probably a week or so
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #33
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Maybe I am missing it but is it clearly stated anywhere that delivery must occur before oct 31? Why wouldn't an order placed prior to oct 31 be valid? With these events going almost into September it doesn't seem aligned with an oct 31 delivery requirement.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #34
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Maybe I am missing it but is it clearly stated anywhere that delivery must occur before oct 31? Why wouldn't an order placed prior to oct 31 be valid? With these events going almost into September it doesn't seem aligned with an oct 31 delivery requirement.
The rules state the offer is valid "through October 31, 2013 on the lease or purchase of all eligible models".

Even if you order before Oct 31, you technically have not "purchased" the vehicle until it arrives at your dealer. Or a few days earlier if you're doing pickup at PCD.

Basically, BMW wants all your money (i.e. buy/lease the car) before 10/31. That can't happen if you place the order on 10/30, and the car shows up from Germany/SA on Jan 6th of the following year.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #35
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS
Quote:
The rules state the offer is valid "through October 31, 2013 on the lease or purchase of all eligible models".

Even if you order before Oct 31, you technically have not "purchased" the vehicle until it arrives at your dealer. Or a few days earlier if you're doing pickup at PCD.

Basically, BMW wants all your money (i.e. buy/lease the car) before 10/31. That can't happen if you place the order on 10/30, and the car shows up from Germany/SA on Jan 6th of the following year.
I understand the literal meaning now but I would have thought thy would have allowed orders by then to count since very few people ordering a car (which is pretty typical for BMW) would be eligible to use the discount. Depending on where your dealership is located you could be waiting until the end of August to participate. None of those people outside of those who buy off of the lot are going to be eligible. What's the point?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #36
PabloK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Gebhardt BMW is pretty weak. Their service department cuts corners and birches and moans about doing warrenty work.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 01:23 AM   #37
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS
I dunno why this all seems like such a big surprise. The terms of the UDE are very clearly spelled out in the email invite, and when you register online.

Quote:
* BMW Ultimate Driving Allowance is available on all new 2013 and 2014 BMW models and can only be redeemed by individuals who participate in a scheduled BMW Ultimate Drive Experience event and is non-transferable. The offer is valid from April 17, 2013 through October 31, 2013 on the lease or purchase of all eligible models. Offer may be redeemed at an authorized BMW center for Stateside (U.S.) delivery only and cannot be used for European delivery. Offer not valid for vehicles delivered prior to event attendance or customer orders placed prior to event attendance. This offer may only be combined with certain eligible offers available at the time of delivery. Offer cannot be used for tax, title, registration, destination or other dealership fees. Offer is only valid for the recipient of this invitation. Some restrictions apply; see an authorized BMW center for details.
I do not see anywhere in the terms where it clearly states 'must take delivery by 10/31'.

I figured I could attend the UDE, get my code and then subsequently place my order. After the car arrived I would apply the UDE rebate.

Looks like that is not going to be possible now.
      07-26-2013, 06:11 AM   #38
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtabi View Post
I do not see anywhere in the terms where it clearly states 'must take delivery by 10/31'.

I figured I could attend the UDE, get my code and then subsequently place my order. After the car arrived I would apply the UDE rebate.

Looks like that is not going to be possible now.
If you take delivery (pay) 11/01/13, you are past the "valid through" period. I don't see any ambiguity here.

Just think of it like a coupon, with a expiration date.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #39
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
If you take delivery (pay) 11/01/13, you are past the "valid through" period. I don't see any ambiguity here.

Just think of it like a coupon, with a expiration date.
You can be and probably are very right but the issue is that the fine print just says purchase before October 31st. Yes, legally, the purchase occurs when you drive the car off, but it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that they mean order/down payment by October 31st. That would make much more sense since almost all of these cars are ordered and take anywhere from 8 - 20 weeks to arrive. With the 3 month window that they are allowing for the rebate, concurrent with the UDE dates in August that BMW itself sets, almost no one would be able to ever use the coupon to begin with. That to me makes almost no sense, which is why "purchase" in this case can possibly mean "order/downpayment".

I'll ask during my UDE at the end of the month. I really hope you are wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #40
mntbiker
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'll ask during my UDE at the end of the month. I really hope you are wrong.
I'm afraid he's not wrong. I was also told this by two CAs and many others on the forum have confirmed. The Oct 31st date is a "hard date" and you must take delivery before it expires.

It does seem pretty stupid though, and I agree that the fine print could have been clearer about this.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #41
F"irst"30
Rep
Drives: 2014 320ix Imperial Blue

Unhappy Discount from UDE

I hope this is not true. I ordered my car three weeks ago. My dealer told me to attend this event to get the discount.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #42
dynastar
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 - 328i M Sport - EB

Garage List
Their incentives on new car purchases are garbage. I had been pulled in on the guise of $750 purchase incentive during memorial day weekend, did the deal, and then found out it wasn't good on custom orders. Then yesterday in the mail is my invite to the drive event, but I can't use it either as it's not good on prior orders. It's kind of frustrating, I'm picking my car up in like an hour, so I plan to complain a little and see if they'll do something... they probably won't.
At Dealer by ??????
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #43
antidentite
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: See signature

So, did you have any luck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastar View Post
Their incentives on new car purchases are garbage. I had been pulled in on the guise of $750 purchase incentive during memorial day weekend, did the deal, and then found out it wasn't good on custom orders. Then yesterday in the mail is my invite to the drive event, but I can't use it either as it's not good on prior orders. It's kind of frustrating, I'm picking my car up in like an hour, so I plan to complain a little and see if they'll do something... they probably won't.
Current: '17 Porsche Macan GTS
Current: '04 V8 4Runner
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #44
f1rst 1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 x1 & '09 Cayman S

I bought my Car at Schomp in Highlands Ranch. Ordered 12/17 - went to the winter xDrive event in Denver in March and they still took the $1000 off when it delivered in May...Wonder if it's BMW that sets the rules or just your dealership being cheap?

2013 BMW 335i XDrive M Sport 6spd
Cobb Tuned '09 135i
Appreciate 0