F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > DIY - F30 OEM Backup / reversing camera retrofit installed!
GetBMWParts

12-07-2018, 11:11 PM   #485
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Also make sure u choose "read ecu" in esys n not "read svt"
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 09:39 PM   #486
PistolPeteF32
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F32 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
Also make sure u choose "read ecu" in esys n not "read svt"
Yeah I've checked everything with a multimeter aside from fbas going to nbt. I'm going to check again as I didn't let me car sleep after I coded the new rem, hopefully it'll magically appear as I have no other ideas aside from trying a differ kcan source which I really don't want to do.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 09:06 AM   #487
bluposeidon
Rep
Drives: F31 lci 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwhar View Post
I think its Service functions > driver assistance > all-round vision camera and something along of line of learn/calibrate.

check all the way at the bottom...

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...amera/GOIUL5eo
I tried everything, I also updated trvc but nothing.
Change the camera or cable?
Is there a way to control the video camera?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 04:52 PM   #488
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluposeidon View Post
Quote:
I think its Service functions > driver assistance > all-round vision camera and something along of line of learn/calibrate.

check all the way at the bottom...

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...amera/GOIUL5eo
When u run ista like he mentioned it will try n connect to camera and if there's no connection then may be a bad cable from tsrv to camera. They go bad, well known problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 07:09 PM   #489
jkwhar
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluposeidon View Post
Within esys, do you see trsvc in the list of ecus?

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 06:38 AM   #490
bluposeidon
Rep
Drives: F31 lci 320d

Quote:
Within esys, do you see trsvc in the list of ecus?
yes I see it, I have also updated the control unit at the last step.
I checked the continuity of the wiring its ok.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 01:31 PM   #491
xrootz
Rep
Drives: F30 335i mperformance

Awesome, thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 05:36 AM   #492
rprznt
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprznt View Post
Hi All,

Do you know if the RHD and LHD have the same wiring? or mirrored? Coming from LHD and this is my first RHD.
Having that in mind, should camera wire go via right (drivers) side, or though left (passengers) ?

Thanks
Stupid question I see. Cabling seem to be mirrored as in the previously posted BMW retrofit manual.

All set up and coded now. Seem to be working nice.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #493
AL20153
Rep
Drives: F30 2015-03

Hi Everyone,

I've just successfully completed my retrofit. Couple things I want to share:
- built my own harness based on pigtails that came with controller and camera - works just fine;
- I added 3AG to FA but I did not VO code any module; I've codded the settings mentioned in a prior post; surprisingly it worked before even injecting the CAFD to the controller. I still injected the CAFD to the controller in order to clear related errors reported and read with ISTA+.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 04:35 AM   #494
sambir
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F54 LCI 306HP & F54 SD 190HP

Hi guys I retrofitted the reversing camera on my 2015 pre lci mini cooper s f55. I did all the cabling like mentioned here:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...era/1VnXhE6RKE

Nbt: 21 23 24
Terminal: 9 22 13
Power: Fusebox f55
Ground: trunk

Measured all cables from camera to terminal box and power all seems to work.

The selles says he needs to see icam2 in the ecu tree but its not showing. I tried adding 3ag on the vo and coded it over all ecu’s initially saw the reversing visuals but not picture, just blank. Am i doing somethibg wrong? Or is the coding really different on thia car. Also this car does not have trsvc. The selles says the camera itself is the module. He thinks maybe the camera is faulty. I think maybe the coding is just wrong. Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2019, 10:03 AM   #495
HDBoss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ‘11 F25 N55

Hello there!
Thank you for this thread. With your help I installed Top view on my F25 but used TRSVC module with 5 connections to camera. I do not want to install and use Side View cameras (there are no OEM harness for f25 body). Everything are coded and working correctly except Rheingold errors:
800DBA - side view camera, right, not connected
800BDB - side view camera, right, not learned
800DBF - side view camera, left, not connected
800BDE - side view camera, left, not learned

Is it possible to code TRSVC and disable SV cameras?
Hera are many options:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2019, 07:55 PM   #496
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDBoss View Post
Hello there!
Thank you for this thread. With your help I installed Top view on my F25 but used TRSVC module with 5 connections to camera. I do not want to install and use Side View cameras (there are no OEM harness for f25 body). Everything are coded and working correctly except Rheingold errors:
800DBA - side view camera, right, not connected
800BDB - side view camera, right, not learned
800DBF - side view camera, left, not connected
800BDE - side view camera, left, not learned

Is it possible to code TRSVC and disable SV cameras?
Hera are many options:
Pretty sure you'll still get errors in ista regardless.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 09:38 AM   #497
HDBoss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: ‘11 F25 N55

I found next parameters in the TRSVC code:
>3009 TVinh/OnlCalibTrash/Vsync/Timeout/Embl/HeatEI, 58
>>Online calibration DEADJUSTED DTC threshold
>>>initwert
>>>Werte=03
>>Online calibration NOT CALIBRATED DTC threshold
>>>initwert
>>>Werte=32

Is it connected with all TRSVC cameras? I believe this may help to disable connection and learned state for all connected cameras.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 08:46 PM   #498
335i6SPDManual
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i 6SPD Manual RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
So after what seemed like an eternity, the retrofit cable I ordered(Part #61122154696) finally arrived on Friday, which meant I knew what I would be doing with my weekend! Unfortunately, this came with good and bad news.

The Bad News: That particular part # is apparently a retrofit cable set for a F10 5 series. I discovered this when I had my car apart and went to unwind the cable, and discovered that the camera cable was only about 4' long and the other cable harness was the longer one, which makes sense since the F10 camera control module is located in the trunk. However, all is not lost!!

The Good News: My retrofit is 100% complete and working, because the cable is still exactly what is needed to connect everything. The only change is that I had to figure out how to mount the control unit in the trunk, then run the remaining harness to the headunit in the front, which I will detail below.

All of the parts I used in the retrofit. The OEM wire taps were included with the retrofit cable, the fuse ended up not being needed since as described in the OP's writeup, the 5A fuse needed is already in place in the fusebox. Also, if you end up using the cable I listed, you will not need the OEM Screw for the camera mount, since it will not be in its original location.

In the picture of the passenger's side trunk area(with cover removed) below, I have outlined where I ended up mounting the control unit so that it was secure and fit comfortably. One thing to note is that if you put it in this area, you do have to make sure there is enough clearance for the trunk arms when they are closing. I have also highlighted the grounding point I used, as well as where I ran the wires towards the front of the car and the path I used to run the power wire down to the rear fuse box.
Green wire w/ Blue Stripe = Power(this had the connector for the fuse box already attached
Brown wire = Ground(this came with a ring connector which was perfect for the mounting point I used)

As mentioned above, the fuse connection is a simple "plug it in" thing. The fuse for the Rear Camera (from ISTA) is Socket 154, illustrated below. Just use a 10mm socket to remove the fuse box, locate the correct connector on the backside, and plug it in.

After this, you will be left with the wires that are run to the front of the car. You will need to separate about 2 feet of the CAN wires(Green and Orange/Green) from the 3 wires(red, white, and Shield) that run to the CIC, the rest you can leave them bundled together. The 3 CIC wires go to the back of the headunit to the large MOST connector. The Pin assignments from ISTA for cars with CIC are: Red - Pin #18, Shield - Pin #27, and White - Pin #28. I apologize for not getting pictures of this part, it was getting late and I forgot to snap a pic. The connector is labeled well though so you should have no problems identifying which slots to use.

As you work on the MOST connector, you will notice that there are 2 wires that are the same color as the CAN wires, HOWEVER, despite being the same color, at this location they serve a different function and cannot be tapped/used as the signal is not correct. But, since with this cable we are not going to the driver's side underdash, we need a new location to connect the two CAN wires. Thankfully, the wires we need are conveniently located nearby at the iDrive controller. You can remove the trim piece with the controller, and voila, there are your Green and Orange/Green wires. Run the 2 wires from the harness to this area, and then use the OEM wire taps(which are quite secure by the way) to connect them.

At this point, you are all done with the physical install. For the coding, the tutorial that comes with E-Sys is pretty helpful on how to change the VO code in your car. As I mentioned in an above post, you just need to add option code 3AG and finish the process.

If anyone is wanting to attempt this or has any questions, I am always willing to help out!

Final Result:
I bought the same kit you have. I have a 2013 335i 6 speed manual, will this process work the same way for the manual trans? Also, what do I need for coding ? Thank you much for any help.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 08:20 AM   #499
QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 M Sport

Garage List
Do you absolutely need the rear parking sensors in order to retrofit the OEM back up camera? I know the OEM Integration/MMI cameras from Bimmertech are much cheaper, but I don't really like the aftermarket look of them.
      01-19-2019, 10:49 AM   #500
rawlings42
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G29 roadster 30i

hi just installed the BMW OEM reverse camera, followed the info from all the posts in this forum.
camera works but shows "reverse camera faulty" on dash??
2015 420d
new camera, new wiring loom, used trsvc from another vehicle,(sold as fully working)
function is ok video signal all good, done coding 3ag, then coded hu nbt, fem body and trsvc.
any help ? do I need to remove errors with Rheingold

thanks for your assistance

update - used Rheingold to calibrate reverse camera - warning on dash has gone. finger's crossed.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 11:04 AM   #501
micstar
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 320d

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
So after what seemed like an eternity, the retrofit cable I ordered(Part #61122154696) finally arrived on Friday, which meant I knew what I would be doing with my weekend! Unfortunately, this came with good and bad news.

The Bad News: That particular part # is apparently a retrofit cable set for a F10 5 series. I discovered this when I had my car apart and went to unwind the cable, and discovered that the camera cable was only about 4' long and the other cable harness was the longer one, which makes sense since the F10 camera control module is located in the trunk. However, all is not lost!!

The Good News: My retrofit is 100% complete and working, because the cable is still exactly what is needed to connect everything. The only change is that I had to figure out how to mount the control unit in the trunk, then run the remaining harness to the headunit in the front, which I will detail below.

All of the parts I used in the retrofit. The OEM wire taps were included with the retrofit cable, the fuse ended up not being needed since as described in the OP's writeup, the 5A fuse needed is already in place in the fusebox. Also, if you end up using the cable I listed, you will not need the OEM Screw for the camera mount, since it will not be in its original location.

In the picture of the passenger's side trunk area(with cover removed) below, I have outlined where I ended up mounting the control unit so that it was secure and fit comfortably. One thing to note is that if you put it in this area, you do have to make sure there is enough clearance for the trunk arms when they are closing. I have also highlighted the grounding point I used, as well as where I ran the wires towards the front of the car and the path I used to run the power wire down to the rear fuse box.
Green wire w/ Blue Stripe = Power(this had the connector for the fuse box already attached
Brown wire = Ground(this came with a ring connector which was perfect for the mounting point I used)

As mentioned above, the fuse connection is a simple "plug it in" thing. The fuse for the Rear Camera (from ISTA) is Socket 154, illustrated below. Just use a 10mm socket to remove the fuse box, locate the correct connector on the backside, and plug it in.

After this, you will be left with the wires that are run to the front of the car. You will need to separate about 2 feet of the CAN wires(Green and Orange/Green) from the 3 wires(red, white, and Shield) that run to the CIC, the rest you can leave them bundled together. The 3 CIC wires go to the back of the headunit to the large MOST connector. The Pin assignments from ISTA for cars with CIC are: Red - Pin #18, Shield - Pin #27, and White - Pin #28. I apologize for not getting pictures of this part, it was getting late and I forgot to snap a pic. The connector is labeled well though so you should have no problems identifying which slots to use.

As you work on the MOST connector, you will notice that there are 2 wires that are the same color as the CAN wires, HOWEVER, despite being the same color, at this location they serve a different function and cannot be tapped/used as the signal is not correct. But, since with this cable we are not going to the driver's side underdash, we need a new location to connect the two CAN wires. Thankfully, the wires we need are conveniently located nearby at the iDrive controller. You can remove the trim piece with the controller, and voila, there are your Green and Orange/Green wires. Run the 2 wires from the harness to this area, and then use the OEM wire taps(which are quite secure by the way) to connect them.

At this point, you are all done with the physical install. For the coding, the tutorial that comes with E-Sys is pretty helpful on how to change the VO code in your car. As I mentioned in an above post, you just need to add option code 3AG and finish the process.

If anyone is wanting to attempt this or has any questions, I am always willing to help out!

Final Result:
Appreciation given!

Thanks for the awesome guide for placing the control units in the trunk. I accidentially ALSO bought the smaller cable for F10, but this trunk installation helped a lot!

Like many others, i also had no wires to tap in PIN 51 and 52 in the REM unit, but just them plugged in instead of using a micro connector. (Bought a connector for plugged the wires directly into the socket).

Other than that, i just followed the installation manual from BMW, which was correct all the way (except for the PIN 51/52 part, plus my RED wire for the HU was actually YELLOW)
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 06:02 AM   #502
radoslavp
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW 330i M-Sport G21

Hi,

I saw that in bmwetk there is a new camera number after 09/2017

Old camera number is 66539240351 (what we all use) where as the new number after end of 09/2017 is 66539472921

Has anyone investigated if the new camera brings anything better - image quality, low light visibility etc? They should both be compatible with the main unit since both newer and older cars connect to one and the same TSRVC module number.

This could be a very easy straight forward upgrade to all rear view camera cars.

Last edited by radoslavp; 03-19-2019 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 07:19 AM   #503
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

good spot be good to know mine is abotu 3 years old and I can see picture loosing quality so be good upgrade
      02-12-2019, 02:18 PM   #504
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30,G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
Spot on the left upper is for the brown earth and the lower right was the eylet on the camera cable that went from control unit to the boot handle

In mycase the loom I got was for a 5 series so they unit sits in boot on those not under dash so the camera cable was short. Hence I placed my module there. Rest was just case of shortening some cables

I mounted mine on the bulkehad as two pins where exactly in right place for a nylon nut and a lock nut

Hello!
Wich nut size you use it for control unit?
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 02:31 PM   #505
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

the nylon lock was one I found in the boot on another part and then reordered same one. The metal one on left I think was 8mm not sure as just went into spares and found one that worked sorry
      02-15-2019, 02:01 AM   #506
Siki78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30,G30

Thanks magic77!
I have one problem more! I broke pin conector 23 so i need new one someone knows part number? And 51 and 52 on fem is empty i need part number for pin conector too.
Thanks
Appreciate 0