F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Any on here have the gts taillights installed?
Studio RSR

11-21-2021, 03:07 PM   #23
madmortar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport

Just noticed that after a number of times slamming the trunk, the inner tail lights started to pop out. I just noticed and was annoying to have to rip apart the liner to get to the lights. However, when I pressed down and in hard, it aligned back into place.

Any idea why it is not secure and slowly works its way out over time?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 08:42 PM   #24
Rox335i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 14' 335i, 17' X6 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmortar View Post
Just noticed that after a number of times slamming the trunk, the inner tail lights started to pop out. I just noticed and was annoying to have to rip apart the liner to get to the lights. However, when I pressed down and in hard, it aligned back into place.

My taillight isn't a perfect fit as well but my left is better than the right. I use my trunk often and mine never popped out yet. Did you tighten the bolt to the max?

Do you have a gap like this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 08:44 PM   #25
madmortar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rox335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmortar View Post

My taillight isn't a perfect fit as well but my left is better than the right. I use my trunk often and mine never popped out yet. Did you tighten the bolt to the max?

Do you have a gap like this?
Slight gap but the light sits different than OEM, has a more 3D look so not sure if that is normal or not.

Mine keep slipping out. I need to get back in there and re tighten everything down.

No idea why the design is a clip and one bolt. Why not just two bolts and not have to worry..
Appreciate 0