F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > You’ve made your bed, now lie in it!
GetBMWParts

02-17-2019, 09:55 AM   #23
Edinburra
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A5

If her Parents want her back let them be responsible financially for her travel, medical and legal expenses, after all the've had three free years to save for her return.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 12:21 PM   #24
Mr Burt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 340

What's frustrating me about this 'person' is how Sky News are hyping up her case.
At the moment she is in a refugee camp with no means of returning. A position I fully support. Let her rot over there surrounded by all the other barbaric wife beating religious nut bags, however what's the betting she turns up in the U.K In a few weeks all expenses covered by Sky or some shit bag humans rights group or lawyer.
Then the problem will sit with the UK and the tax payers.
She will go to prison for a short period of time and then end up with a new identity/life funded by good old infidel us.
Lawyers, politicians and religious nut bags boil my piss, Oh and estate agents.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 12:51 PM   #25
Arcticdan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: A car!

Unfortunately she will probably return to the UK along with all the other ones that are still out there. She may or may not go to prison however she will get a new identity and be relocated so the security services can monitor her, until they lose track of her that is!

Until the communities they grow up in and are radicalised in take some responsibility nothing will change that's why they enjoy living in a civilised society and despise it so much.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 01:42 PM   #26
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Given birth now.

Little snippet from BBC news on her:-

Asked if she was aware of IS beheadings before going to Syria, she told Sky News: "I knew about those things and I was OK with it. Because, you know, I started becoming religious just before I left.
"From what I heard, Islamically that is all allowed."
She continued: "During the time I left I saw all the videos on the internet and that just kind of attracted me to them. Like it attracted a lot of people
      02-17-2019, 01:49 PM   #27
Colmsport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Given birth now.

Little snippet from BBC news on her:-

Asked if she was aware of IS beheadings before going to Syria, she told Sky News: "I knew about those things and I was OK with it. Because, you know, I started becoming religious just before I left.
"From what I heard, Islamically that is all allowed."
She continued: "During the time I left I saw all the videos on the internet and that just kind of attracted me to them. Like it attracted a lot of people
Boils my piss!

If she’s ‘OK’ with it, then fuckin stay put!!

Our country is an embarrassment, I can’t believe that a) she legally has a right to come back & b) there are folk out there that believe she should be allowed back!

It’s quite obvious from what she says that she sees no wrong in the barbaric acts of these terrorist bastards, yet we’re likely to open the doors & welcome her back.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17483.00
      02-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #28
TiredGeek
Old Fart
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335dx F31 Shadow EB

Muslims are raised from berth with the teachings that all non believers should be converted, by the sword in necessary, and if they won't convert then they should die. That is not radicalisation, it's their religion.

All religious nuts need to meet their makers now, the world would be a lot better with only people who don't believe their god is the right god and everyone else needs to die. Christians are no damn better, but at least most of their atrocities were committed years ago. I don't like the way the bible belt looks right now though....

Personally, I think that if you believe in some sort of god enough to go to a specific building and grovel, then society can do without you. I don't care which god, I don't care what colour skin you have, I don't care where you were born, it's not the fault or benevolence of a deity that you're alive. Don't knock on my door and tell me your god is my saviour
      02-17-2019, 03:23 PM   #29
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
So if I’ve read the article(s) right

She went to Syria because she felt enamoured by the Isis lifestyle

Stayed for several years

Saw beheaded heads and thought that was ok

Got married and had kids ( 2of whom died)

Doesn’t regret a thing

Hasn’t denounced extremism

Now things are a bit tough as Isis seem to have had their arses handed to them on a plate - wants to come back to Britain.

Bring her back and lock her up.

Ps did any one read the other articles about some folks who ended up fighting in Syria for Isis by accident.

Wtf
      02-17-2019, 04:59 PM   #30
Sunnyb11
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 335d xdrive

rumour on instagram has it shes on her way back to the UK
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 06:25 PM   #31
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

I don't say this very often, but Trump is right.

We have to take responsibility for our own citizens and take them back. No point in them being driven out of Syria, or captured, if no one takes them.

They need returning to their countries and punishing severely.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 02:54 AM   #32
R0B
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

I've listened / watched the two interviews and just don't believe she is either remorseful or regretful. She just realises that her life will be cushy back in Blighty, but it's obvious she will be a threat to safety as her views are still at odds with normal, sane people - including Muslims.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 03:38 AM   #33
zofinger
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d MSport

I'm undecided what should happen to her.

But what I think about is she was well-educated and was influenced by ISIS whom she knew were seen by most people as wrong and chose to resist attempts by her parents to prevent her becoming 'religious'. She MUST have known joining ISIS was wrong hence went to Turkey and crossed into Syria clandestine (it's not as if she sat down with her parents for an informed chat). This took a level of maturity and intellect to organise and execute.

She's contributed nothing to the U.K but has been educated by it. And now would like the UK to bring her back and take care of her and her baby. She said she went to Syria because of a promise to be looked after and have a family. Is this person a sponger? I know she married and supported an ISIS fighter but I haven't seen any evidence she wants to contribute to her own country.... "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"?

She believes she's done nothing wrong; when asked does she think it was a mistake going to Syria she said 'yes', but doesn't regret it. She said 'yes' because it hasn't turned out as she would have wanted it to (in a camp with no money or being looked after) - not because she now realises it was wrong!

If she were to go to the U.K, there's no way she should be allowed to nurture the baby. And nor her parents (they were unable to sufficiently supervise their daughter). Poor thing should be adopted so there's no way it could be influenced by things which could potentially harm it.

ISIS may have lost almost all its physical territory but now the next phase starts which is integrate its followers back among the countries of their citizenship, using its resources/support systems and influencing the vulnerable until they can re-organise.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 03:57 AM   #34
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

What if she was your daughter?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 04:16 AM   #35
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
Then you'd need to take a long look at yourself too.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 04:31 AM   #36
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

Quote:
Understand the question. But people aren't objective about their loved ones are they? You could equally say 'what if you were a victim of a terrorist attack'? Neither group is likely to be objective about what the 'right' thing to do is.

Appreciate 1
1 AKY459.00
      02-18-2019, 04:39 AM   #37
R0B
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I would die a thousand times over for my daughter's happiness. But if she decided upon a life where it was deemed normal to slaughter innocent people, then she'd just be a piece of my past.
Appreciate 1
1 AKY459.00
      02-18-2019, 06:15 AM   #38
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

I remember when Rory Stewart said that we would do our best to deal with these individuals out there to ensure they didn't return, pity that we seem to have missed a few.

No remorse and matter of fact like a psychopath, clearly she is a clear and present danger, I'd be happy for my tax pay for the Syrians to jail her for life.
      02-18-2019, 06:22 AM   #39
antjos1
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f30 330i msport

Just let the Russians have them.
And this little cunt too.
Anyone associated with isis terrorists should be fucking shot.
But she will be let back and go to the top of the housing list free rent and well looked after by the country she hates .
Probably all the tv stations will be flocking to interview her and she will be well paid for it.
A fucking disgrace what's happening in this country.
Sorry for the bad language.
Not.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 06:22 AM   #40
zofinger
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 335d MSport

Hearing today a narrative she was trafficked to Syria.

Now I'm not sure what determines whether someone is trafficked, however I do understand it suggests the person, when they arrive at the destination, does not want to be there and cannot return home. This is certainly not the case. She only wants to return to the UK because it hasn't worked out and no one is left to take care of her/the newborn. Apart from that she went willingly and it met her expectations...until recently.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 06:40 AM   #41
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

It would be nice for the problem to just go away, and there are plenty more deserving cases for our resources. Sadly, I don't think we can outsource our justice. Presumably (hopefully) she will be arrested the second she gets here and that poor kid will be placed with someone normal and never have to see her again.

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 06:55 AM   #42
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Danny Dyer, who surprisingly has some pretty sensible views on politics, from some of the comments I've heard anyway, has a view.

Basically he's saying she was only 15 when she left, at least bring her back to understand what happens at 15 years old to make you leave.

He isn't saying forgive, or let her live her life in peace. But, bring her back, understand how they got groomed in this way, then in my opinion lock her up for a while.

Groomed at 15 or not, she is definitely still unhinged and a danger to society. And as far as I'm aware, prisons main purpose is to keep people out of society who who are a danger to it.

What isn't fair is to keep staying up that another country should shoulder our responsibilities.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 07:00 AM   #43
R0B
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Danny Dyer, who surprisingly has some pretty sensible views on politics, from some of the comments I've heard anyway, has a view.

Basically he's saying she was only 15 when she left, at least bring her back to understand what happens at 15 years old to make you leave.

He isn't saying forgive, or let her live her life in peace. But, bring her back, understand how they got groomed in this way, then in my opinion lock her up for a while.

Groomed at 15 or not, she is definitely still unhinged and a danger to society. And as far as I'm aware, prisons main purpose is to keep people out of society who who are a danger to it.

What isn't fair is to keep staying up that another country should shoulder our responsibilities.
She can still do harm from a prison cell though. Really, with someone like this, I think you just have to ask; If she had a gun and could shoot everyone in the UK, who is at odds with her ideology, would she pull the trigger? And you can see from her face and demeanour that the answer would be yes.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 08:13 AM   #44
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0bb0 View Post
She can still do harm from a prison cell though. Really, with someone like this, I think you just have to ask; If she had a gun and could shoot everyone in the UK, who is at odds with her ideology, would she pull the trigger? And you can see from her face and demeanour that the answer would be yes.
I don't disagree. But she is a UK citizen and therefore our problem to sort.

Unless someone creates a place where we can send unwanted citiizens then we shouldn't expect other countries to keep these people.

Trump is right for a change, if we, and other countries don't take back captured or stranded terrorists and punish them, then eventually they'll be released and sent back out into the world.

And I can't work out in my head how I feel about these girls being groomed at 15 for this. She is abhorrent and not sorry, but she was 15, a child still in reality.
Appreciate 2
mcoops1757.00
R0B1535.00