F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Rubbing sound from the front (F36 440i)
proTUNING Freaks

02-25-2019, 03:30 AM   #1
werewolf81
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

Rubbing sound from the front (F36 440i)

Two months ago I started hearing this rubbing sound coming from the front of the car. Best heard around 30-35mph on good roads when the typical runflat roar isn't that loud.

The sound seems to be connected to the speed of the vehicle as it is less frequent with lower speed and more frequent when I accelarate until the point where it becomes another background noise as it happens so fast/often.

As the sound is becoming louder and louder I dropped the car today to the dealer in York.
They actually suggested if I may have a drive with one of their technicians.

So we did that, the guy heard the sound and he said he's almost certain it's coming from the tyre itself (original 19'' Bridgestone Potenzas) and they won't be able to do anything about that but they'll check other things anyway.

Now, I read hundreds of posts about how bad Bridgestones are, however this sound is definitely something in addition to the typical tyre noise.

Did anyone else have a similar problem? The tyres have only 15k, plenty of thread still on them, so I don't want to really replace them now.

If they confirm that it's just the tyre(s) characteristic, I'll be trully disappointed. The car's only 1,5 year old, it's a premium brand and I don't think I can accept the fact that it sounds like I'm driving a 20yo vehicle.

Last edited by werewolf81; 02-25-2019 at 03:36 AM..
Appreciate 0