F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Where is Mission Performance?
ARMA SPEED

02-13-2019, 10:37 PM   #1
Vinnie Stix
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i GT Xdrive M Package

Where is Mission Performance?

I'm an early adopter and one of the first 10 to get flashed to stage 2. Everything still works fine but I've sent emails regarding a stage 1 trans flash and nothing...NADA...No new posts and it seems that they have gone dark again. This is no way to run a company. I have money to spend and want reliable customer service before and after the sale. Looks like I'll be searching for another tune as soon as I see what company can deliver sales and service. It seems that Alex is a one man band and that is not good enough for me. Maybe he is overwhelmed or on vacation but he should have a team and responsible employees. We are spending close to $2000 bucks...Come on man!

Last edited by Vinnie Stix; 02-15-2019 at 06:13 AM.. Reason: incorrect
Appreciate 1
jalkster220.00
      02-13-2019, 11:02 PM   #2
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

I had a couple questions regarding flashing my car back to stock today (wanted to be comfortable dialing it back prior to my son taking it to AutoX) - anyhoo in that I had never flashed the car myself (always took it directly to MP) I was a wee bit nervous and I didn't have the app loaded on my computer

Anyhoo called the main line at MP and Alex picked up and walked me through the process (although I wasn't with my car at the time)

Went to flash the car back to stock an hour or so later but had another (dumb) question...called MP...Alex picked up again and patiently walked me through the process

Had a random Tranny flash quetion about an hour later....and you guessed it I called MP and Alex came through again.

ps-I didn't have an "install" or anything set up with him...I just randomly called.

Simply sharing my experience from today :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 11:35 PM   #3
Vinnie Stix
Private
United_States
Rep

Is Alex the only MP employee?

I have called in the past and he was a perfect gentleman and extremely helpful. I'm thinking he's a one man operation and that's why he doesn't respond to email. Maybe overwhelmed. My issue is, hire some help. What if something were to happen to him, are we all then up a creek? He seems brilliant, however he needs some help with customer support. I cannot be the only one with money to spend...Just need to know that the support will be there should something go wrong. I hope he gets his company together as I believe the tune is wonderful.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 01:07 AM   #4
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Stix View Post
I have called in the past and he was a perfect gentleman and extremely helpful. I'm thinking he's a one man operation and that's why he doesn't respond to email. Maybe overwhelmed. My issue is, hire some help. What if something were to happen to him, are we all then up a creek? He seems brilliant, however he needs some help with customer support. I cannot be the only one with money to spend...Just need to know that the support will be there should something go wrong. I hope he gets his company together as I believe the tune is wonderful.
Your not the only one. Many (including myself) have tried sending emails with no response. He answers the phone most of the time when I call . It seems like he is the only one but back when we were doing the group buy there was someone else that answered the phone sometimes. Not sure if they are still around but doesnt seem like it. I was going to have him flash my X3 since I love the one on my 340i but the customer service is to bad for me and like you I'm worried that if something happens to him we will be left in the dark. I think he is very busy with all the demand for tunes that he doesnt have time to handle the customer service side of things and needs to hire more help.
2016 328i (sold)
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2019, 05:00 AM   #5
nikman011
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 STi - IAG Trojan

Calling Alex always works for me
      02-14-2019, 05:07 AM   #6
Brahms
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M140i

Hi there, I’m from Italy and I want to share my experience with Mission Performance , first..sorry for my not perfect english..I have a M140i with HJS 300 cell downpipe and a MPE exhaust with stock air filter and airbox, I’ve started with a Stage 2 and then updated with a Stage 3 ( or 2+) and stage 2 trans flash, I use 100 ron fuel (95 aki I think), my sport display hit 480 hp and 640 NM, the car now is brutal! and of course I have a LSD from BMW installed.
I agree with you guys that the costumers service is not the best but from what I’ve read about Alex’s technical posts I think he knows a lot about his job.
His technical explanations are so detailed and so this is the reason firstly I’ve trusted him and I’ve feeled safe with his tuning but you have to be patient with him.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 07:11 AM   #7
GT500R
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

Quote:
I'm an early adopter and one of the first 10 to get flashed to stage 2. Everything still works fine but I've sent emails regarding a stage 1 trans flash and nothing...NADA...No new posts and it seems that they have gone dark again. This is no way to run a company. I have money to spend and want reliable customer service before and after the sale. Looks like I'll be searching for another tune as soon as I see what company can deliver sales and service. It seems that Alex is a one man band and that is not good enough for me. Maybe he is overwhelmed or on vacation but he should have a team and responsible employees. We are spending close to $2000 bucks...Come on man!
Try calling

Also $2000? How?
10.6@130 Dragy / +820 DA The Streets |
NOW: Tesla Model Y Performance
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 07:40 AM   #8
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Same issue. I switched over to a DME tune. I couldn't deal with it.
I should probably change my sig now. lol
      02-14-2019, 08:05 AM   #9
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500R View Post
Try calling

Also $2000? How?
He said "close" to $2000. If you get every option on the ECU flash (upgraded map sensor included) and a TCU flash, you're looking at $1800. Skip the upgraded map sensor and you're at $1650. That's still a decent chunk of change.
      02-14-2019, 09:11 AM   #10
Vinnie Stix
Private
United_States
Rep

Close to 2 Grand was my bad...Sorry!

When I said about $2000 what I meant was if you add up the stage 2 tune which I have, add the VRSF DP and installation to make the tune work better as recommended then add the Trans flash your at $2000. I only bought the DP because Alex recommended it for stage 2 and he could delete the Cell which he did. I have no problem spending the money or calling Alex and I think the tune is fantastic and his personal service via phone is outstanding. My main concern is will he be able to stay in business if he is a one man shop and is overwhelmed? What happens if I need to flash back to stock and want to sell the car? Will I be able to do that if he's gone? I just want others to understand what they're getting into if they decide on MP. Hell, I'll probably get the trans flash anyway because the car runs so dam good. I hope Alex hears this and hires some help for the CS side of things. He's got a great product and he is brilliant but if he is overwhelmed, how long can he continue to stress himself before things really go astray...Just my 2 cents...I hope this helps others in their quest and need for speed LOL!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 10:15 AM   #11
B58
Major
Rep
Drives: 922 Turbo

Bootmod3 is coming out soon....
ceedawg467.50
RustyBitz1573.50
      02-14-2019, 10:24 AM   #12
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B58 View Post
Bootmod3 is coming out soon....
FTW
Appreciate 2
ceedawg467.50
B58557.50
      02-15-2019, 11:45 AM   #13
eksigned
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4er

Quote:
When I said about $2000 what I meant was if you add up the stage 2 tune which I have, add the VRSF DP and installation to make the tune work better as recommended then add the Trans flash your at $2000. I only bought the DP because Alex recommended it for stage 2 and he could delete the Cell which he did. I have no problem spending the money or calling Alex and I think the tune is fantastic and his personal service via phone is outstanding. My main concern is will he be able to stay in business if he is a one man shop and is overwhelmed? What happens if I need to flash back to stock and want to sell the car? Will I be able to do that if he's gone? I just want others to understand what they're getting into if they decide on MP. Hell, I'll probably get the trans flash anyway because the car runs so dam good. I hope Alex hears this and hires some help for the CS side of things. He's got a great product and he is brilliant but if he is overwhelmed, how long can he continue to stress himself before things really go astray...Just my 2 cents...I hope this helps others in their quest and need for speed LOL!
Alex is a part of a team that also runs a pretty decent sized bodyshop. His partner runs the shop itself, and he runs the tuning side. They will not go out of business, not anytime soon. I do agree about the email and customer service, but he has always picked up when I have called as well, and always accommodated my schedule...in fact, I'm going to see him today at 1 for a concern that I have! lol
Appreciate 2
      02-15-2019, 12:33 PM   #14
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

I'll add that they don't just fix and tune cars - they build cars. Some crazy stuff - AWD to RWD conversions, M engines and drivetrains transferred to models that otherwise do not have M options - crazy HP race cars (street legal and not) etc....

I really don't think anyone could leave that shop without having 100% confidence in Alex/MP (and a lighter wallet)
Appreciate 2
      02-15-2019, 07:42 PM   #15
BMR_CK
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

It’s still just Alex, which is why I’ve waited for other options to come out. ALL of their customers have to wait to talk to one person? Hmm....
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 09:06 PM   #16
RTPenland
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Many BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR_CK View Post
It’s still just Alex, which is why I’ve waited for other options to come out. ALL of their customers have to wait to talk to one person? Hmm....
I hear you however - while not currently a MP customer here's why I will be in the near future:

It seems the buck stops with him - personally I would rather be able to actually speak with the person that wrote and owns the code vs some customer service rep that's making minimum wage. I mean at the end of the day there are only so many code authors and problem solvers out there - Alex seems to be one of them. To be able to speak with someone that owns the actual intellectual property is pretty damn good in my book.

Not taking anything away from any of the other tuners out there - but for me it doesn't come down to if someone can answer the phone every call it comes down to who actually knows what the hell is going on.

That said - I have heard ZERO complaints about the MP products (not just here with the B58 gang - but across multiple BMW power platforms) - sure you can point at customer service complaints but in terms of the actual deliverable I think they (MP) are rock solid from what I can gather.

Just my 2-cents
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2019, 02:15 PM   #17
BMR_CK
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPenland View Post
I hear you however - while not currently a MP customer here's why I will be in the near future:

It seems the buck stops with him - personally I would rather be able to actually speak with the person that wrote and owns the code vs some customer service rep that's making minimum wage. I mean at the end of the day there are only so many code authors and problem solvers out there - Alex seems to be one of them. To be able to speak with someone that owns the actual intellectual property is pretty damn good in my book.

Not taking anything away from any of the other tuners out there - but for me it doesn't come down to if someone can answer the phone every call it comes down to who actually knows what the hell is going on.

That said - I have heard ZERO complaints about the MP products (not just here with the B58 gang - but across multiple BMW power platforms) - sure you can point at customer service complaints but in terms of the actual deliverable I think they (MP) are rock solid from what I can gather.

Just my 2-cents
The scenario will always have to be he is never on vacation, away from the business or has an issue with the software that is bigger than what he can handle on his own. Right, it has great reviews and thus far it’s only a handful of people having customer service challenges, and he seems like a talented involved pro. Having said that, anyone that has had a business based off of their uniqueness will appreciate how quickly things can get away from them as they grow and client demands escalate. Personally, I tried contacting them three times over a two month period.....never received a response.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 02:44 PM   #18
InstigatorX
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR_CK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPenland View Post

Just my 2-cents
The scenario will always have to be he is never on vacation, away from the business or has an issue with the software that is bigger than what he can handle on his own. Right, it has great reviews and thus far it’s only a handful of people having customer service challenges, and he seems like a talented involved pro. Having said that, anyone that has had a business based off of their uniqueness will appreciate how quickly things can get away from them as they grow and client demands escalate. Personally, I tried contacting them three times over a two month period.....never received a response.
I think his spam filters are too strict or something. My experience was that he responded to first few emails and then no response. Had to send email from work email and he responded...for a little while. Said something about spam filtering.

However, he stopped responding to inquiries from work email, too. Went the JR/MG route and liking so far. Better cost and Support is great.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 06:09 PM   #19
DigiSage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstigatorX View Post
However, he stopped responding to inquiries from work email, too. Went the JR/MG route and liking so far. Better cost and Support is great.
It's not his spam filters. He only responds to whoever is the squeakiest wheel at that particular point in time, because he doesn't realize he is failing to scale his support to handle the quantity of customers he has now. (1 man telephone support doesn't scale; 1 man email support doesn't scale either).
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2019, 11:05 PM   #20
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
I'm one of the inital group buy people as well.
Responding to emails is not his strong point, I haven't tried calling as I'm in Australia.

I asked him for months to send a revised tune with cold start turned off (like I initially asked for), and he evenutally did and even based it on the newest BMW firmware to get rid of the manual transmission rev hang issue which was nice.
But he also took upon himself to also update it to the new "stage 2.5" tune (which I didn't ask for and I think is too aggressive) and added a bunch of over run burbles.
I have been asking about it for 8 weeks now with no reply.

Probably going to switch to BM3 when that's available.
Appreciate 1
jalkster220.00
      02-18-2019, 01:33 AM   #21
DigiSage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

For me at this point what worries me isn’t that he’s not good at responding to emails, it’s that he somehow thinks it’s okay to continue even 1 more business day operating like this. That that is acceptable in his mind.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #22
MissionPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
We are here and for sure not going anywhere. Like some have said above, we focus on actual software development and don't just resell you something that has been developed by others, and that takes a lot of time.

If you need to get a hold of us, you can always call our office. We are here during business hours and glad to help. Emails are being replied to much slower because we are getting bombarded with the same type of questions over over over again. Most of them are: "Convince me why I should go with your tune over JB4". Sorry but my time is too valuable to actually waste on convincing someone and in that case, your best bet is to go with JB4.
Furthermore, we made a Official thread on the boards and have a lot of info posted there. Most of the questions we get over email area actually listed on that thread.

So guys, if you have an actual technical question that has not been beaten to death on forums, don't hesitate to give us a call. Ill be here to help and answer questions you have.
Appreciate 4