F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Creaking sound from rear suspension
proTUNING Freaks

08-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #1
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Creaking sound from rear suspension

My 2017 BMW 440i GC began to exhibit an unusual creaking sound from rear suspension. I suspect the springs are turning (or twisting) while being compressed. The symptoms aren't always present but during the last few days the problem has happened often enough to warrant a visit to the dealer.

Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 09:14 PM   #2
khafner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

creak in rear

unusual in a new car but sway bar ends can do that. I've also had the constant velocity joints make such noises - had one that would only make the noise on sharp almost drifting high speed left hand turns - that took months to sort out even had a mechanic in the back with the seat down while drifting trying to find the noise. Don't let bmw tell you it can't happen as its new. They are rebuilding my front end with 25,000 miles after telling me they don't go bad this soon. It was bad at 10,000 miles but they didn't listen to me. I even found the rear differential harmonic damper broken - the rubber coupler was destroyed. How that can happen I have no idea. It helps to sort things out if you have your own lift. I figure it out and then take it to bmw. Had a go around with bmw as they were not putting my complaints on the repair form.
Appreciate 0