F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > sales reports
Extreme Powerhouse

10-10-2017, 06:23 AM   #1
dobbo99
Major
Rep
Drives: E39 530 oldskool

sales reports

A broad question I know, but does anyone have any ideas to make quarterly sales reporting a little bit more appealing, for those writing the documents as well as those reading them!

Basically I’m trying to think of a slightly different way to have our individual business’s report to us on a quarterly basis, we currently have 10.
At present we have a standardised document that they can follow, which is a simple response to a questions. So you can get a one line answer or a huge paragraph, but in the main it has become a negative document focussed on what could have been done, rather than appreciation of what was actually achieved (and as a business we are achieving).
They fill them in, submit them to the board, and they are discussed.

I just think its all a bit crap, but more importantly its too easy for them all to be negative and look back on what could have been rather than paving the way for optimism in the next qtr/year.

Any comments appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
Edinburra
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbo99 View Post
A broad question I know, but does anyone have any ideas to make quarterly sales reporting a little bit more appealing, for those writing the documents as well as those reading them!

Basically I’m trying to think of a slightly different way to have our individual business’s report to us on a quarterly basis, we currently have 10.
At present we have a standardised document that they can follow, which is a simple response to a questions. So you can get a one line answer or a huge paragraph, but in the main it has become a negative document focussed on what could have been done, rather than appreciation of what was actually achieved (and as a business we are achieving).
They fill them in, submit them to the board, and they are discussed.

I just think its all a bit crap, but more importantly its too easy for them all to be negative and look back on what could have been rather than paving the way for optimism in the next qtr/year.

Any comments appreciated.
I?m thinking along the lines of getting each of your businesses to do twenty minute presentation and then field questions for a further ten minutes. It would concentrate the mind and may make for a more positive outcome. In the end you know your business best but negativity breeds negativity and needs stopping.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 11:09 AM   #3
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

There is a very fine line between optimism and dreaming.

Maybe your reports are a standardised format for a reason.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 12:38 PM   #4
XAlp
Major
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 T6

How does this seem?
H&S (?)
Results
Wins
Losses
Issues
Support needed
Market information
Opportunity tracking
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #5
bodtwo
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

We use sales force, sfdc, standard reports across businesses. Reports are populated with common kpi’s traffic lighted for green on the number, orange within 10% and red if below. Keeps it factual rather than anecdotal and ensures individuals remain focussed on the important metrics.

Remainder of review is assessment of pipeline and resources required to fulfil based on historical success rates. Work for one of biggest companies out there but resources still tight so business units must justify why they should get the investment.

Culture is very positive so no group negativity, also culture of identifying failure early so,we can do some thing about it.

Don’t know if that helps, but works for us.