F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Getting done with my F36 Build
ARMA SPEED

11-21-2017, 05:50 AM   #67
rexxar_kuo
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATPDK View Post
That garage, or is it the livingroom...

Any photos from around the room?
What is the wires hanging down the wall - red/blue?
It's actually my friend's shop for detailing haha
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #68
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmo24 View Post
Looks good. The only thing I have to hate on is the wing and the trunk lip together. You can't do both. It's like having a girl with fake boobs that weren't big enough and then she got a bigger set of fake boobs right on top of the other ones without removing the old ones. And then being able to see that they were done separately.
Ever seen a Cayman GT4? Same thing going on there because Porsche realized it provides better, more efficient air flow and therefore performance. I don't see any Porsche guys complaining that the GT4 is horrible because of the wing setup...

Just don't get all the hate for the wing or double wing! I think it goes very well with the European touring race car look that OP is clearly going for. IMHO, it looks more complete and classy this way vs. just throwing on a few carbon bits, some "stanced out" aftermarket 20's, and heavy window tint for that "bro" look. At least OP had the balls to go all the way and do it proper with the wing!!

Nice work OP!
      11-21-2017, 08:40 AM   #69
rexxar_kuo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Quote:
Looks good. The only thing I have to hate on is the wing and the trunk lip together. You can't do both. It's like having a girl with fake boobs that weren't big enough and then she got a bigger set of fake boobs right on top of the other ones without removing the old ones. And then being able to see that they were done separately.
Ever seen a Cayman GT4? Same thing going on there because Porsche realized it provides better, more efficient air flow and therefore performance. I don't see any Porsche guys complaining that the GT4 is horrible because of the wing setup...

Just don't get all the hate for the wing or double wing! I think it goes very well with the European touring race car look that OP is clearly going for. IMHO, it looks more complete and classy this way vs. just throwing on a few carbon bits, some "stanced out" aftermarket 20's, and heavy window tint for that "bro" look. At least OP had the balls to go all the way and do it proper with the wing!!

Nice work OP!
Thanks for speaking on the GT wing lol

I don't really take it serious on what people said to the wing. some people who sticks with stock looking and some have the same taste as mine.

Anyway this wing is the best I ever seen so far haha
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 08:51 AM   #70
00punisher
Private First Class
Spain
Rep
Drives: F36 420d

Amazing!!!
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2017, 09:04 AM   #71
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

awesome post all around. car looks great and also some great photos

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 2
      11-21-2017, 09:35 AM   #72
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

May as well have gotten an ///M3 with a few less mods for the same price LOL.
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2017, 10:02 AM   #73
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Well welcome back new guy buys pizza pm me for address
Looking Good
      11-21-2017, 10:40 AM   #74
alohasurftoad
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 440i gran coupe w/mppsk

i think the OEM M-Performance carbon trunk spoiler as is or color matched would look better than the 3D.

the roof spoiler is upsetting the laminar flow to the gts wing. flow would be better if it's removed or you install vortex generators(i'm serious...). if you're just going for looks then forget this.

if you can modify the FI exhaust, how about quad tips and diffuser?

it's all bit "over the top" for me but i enjoy looking at it for what it's worth...
Appreciate 2
      11-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #75
odiesback
2021 330ix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 330ix

Garage List
This an honest question...

After two years working on it, and God only knows how much you spent...

Wouldn't it had been easier to just have gotten yourself an M4?

Former: 2012 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Extended FR | DCT | Premium | Competition | BMW Apps | M Performance Exhaust | CF Front Splitters | V1 M Steering Wheel
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #76
BMWtight2me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320ayayay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiesback View Post

Bogus argument IMO. Like, if he had an “M” class he wouldn’t modify it!

Modifying your car isn’t about pretending you have another car, but rather customizing any aspect of it to your liking.

Intersting that BMW chose to make the m-sport 4 look damn near the same as the M4. I can see why people would be satisfied not going up to the “M” class with the 4, especially if they’re more into the aesthetics than tracking the thing. Even a 428i or 420i could be modified the same way and look awesome and be plenty fast (300hp/tq territory). Also, consider this, his most expensive mod was probably the wheels/suspension. Most of my friends with “M” classes, that’s the first thing they modify. With all the mods, it’s a more expensive and unique car than a stock M4.

Also regardless of peak numbers, it is mad fun to drive a properly lowered and tuned car with all the supporting mods. Super zippy, zero turbo lag, planted around corners, etc.

I bet OP has more fun in his car than the average M4 owner. Probably gets more compliments on the looks too. I mean common... have you ever seen an M4 with two wings on the trunk?

Last edited by BMWtight2me; 11-21-2017 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 8
      11-21-2017, 05:27 PM   #77
rexxar_kuo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohasurftoad View Post
i think the OEM M-Performance carbon trunk spoiler as is or color matched would look better than the 3D.

the roof spoiler is upsetting the laminar flow to the gts wing. flow would be better if it's removed or you install vortex generators(i'm serious...). if you're just going for looks then forget this.

if you can modify the FI exhaust, how about quad tips and diffuser?

it's all bit "over the top" for me but i enjoy looking at it for what it's worth...
I got the same thought as you the MP trunk spoiler might match all the way better than GT wing.

I did it with 3D is because 3D design was earliest aftermarket spoiler and at that time there were no signs of releasing date for MP wing. So this is how I made my current set.
But, I will probably just replace it to MP for different taste haha

Fi exhaust does have quad tips option, but I like the quad tips style as M power which in the middle abit
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1936.50
      11-21-2017, 05:31 PM   #78
rexxar_kuo
Rep

Quote:

I think people here don't really care about how much they spent all the care is how fun during the period

Like my last daily drive B8 Q5
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-21-2017, 05:37 PM   #79
rexxar_kuo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWtight2me View Post
Quote:

Modifying your car isn’t about pretending you have another car, but rather customizing any aspect of it to your liking.

Intersting that BMW chose to make the m-sport 4 look damn near the same as the M4. I can see why people would be satisfied not going up to the “M” class with the 4, especially if they’re more into the aesthetics than tracking the thing. Even a 428i or 420i could be modified the same way and look awesome and be plenty fast (300hp/tq territory). Also, consider this, his most expensive mod was probably the wheels/suspension. Most of my friends with “M” classes, that’s the first thing they modify. With all the mods, it’s a more expensive and unique car than a stock M4.

Also regardless of peak numbers, it is mad fun to drive a properly lowered and tuned car with all the supporting mods. Super zippy, zero turbo lag, planted around corners, etc.

I bet OP has more fun in his car than the average M4 owner. Probably gets more compliments on the looks too. I mean common... have you ever seen an M4 with two wings on the trunk?
My friend here in Taiwan actually have 2 wing on his car please see attached lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-21-2017, 06:21 PM   #80
IntegraXTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY08 E92 M3 and MY15 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxar_kuo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegraXTR View Post
Love the 3d designs parts!

Man I miss Taiwan...the foooood!
Dude I miss US also the potion size of the food made me (hmm... still on the dietary)
Haha yah the portions are bigger here but you can eat at multiple places, like the onion pancake or Wing Star!! Yum haha
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #81
classyfast
Banned
Rep
Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Quote:

Nice work OP!
Nice try
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 07:47 PM   #82
odiesback
2021 330ix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 330ix

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWtight2me View Post
Quote:

I was not making a case for anything, just asking a question...

If you mean fun by working on a car to tune it up, screwing wings to the trunk and all, sure, I had zero fun... but if fun is defined by the number of hours behind the wheels of a proper M car, you can bet I had my share by driving an E92 M3 for five years and now a F82 M4 Comp.

Btw, it's M Series, not M Class.. save that for Mercs...

Cheers

Former: 2012 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Extended FR | DCT | Premium | Competition | BMW Apps | M Performance Exhaust | CF Front Splitters | V1 M Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #83
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2

Quote:

F36 platform rocks just no S motor
BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s LBB X5M
3.2carrera

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2017, 05:54 AM   #84
ekbusdriver
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Looks really good, but keep those Prodrive wheels. I know the BBS are lighter and do look good, but your current set up looks better and almost everyone has the BBS. Stay more original.
2011 E92 M3: Dinan 4.6 Stroker, HF Throttle Bodies, UD Pulley, HF Carbon Intake, DME Perf Tune, Carbon Strut Brace, 3.45:1 LSD, Front & Rear Big Brake kit, 19in Wheels, Stage 1 Suspension, Camber Plates, Racing Rear Toe Link, 28.5mm Anti-roll Bar, Pedal Set, Floor Mats, Vorsteiner Carbon Front Bumper+Trunk+Rear Diffuser, BMW Alcantara Perf Steering Wheel, Full Interior CF Trim, Mirror Caps, Akrapovic Evo Exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 09:01 AM   #85
rexxar_kuo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekbusdriver View Post
Looks really good, but keep those Prodrive wheels. I know the BBS are lighter and do look good, but your current set up looks better and almost everyone has the BBS. Stay more original.
Don't worry bro the BBS FIR have no spec that fits F3x lol...

So I will just pick brother of RID which is RI-S for my next set
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      11-22-2017, 09:37 AM   #86
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Prodrive is a tuner wheel used far more commonly in JDM

BBS will always be superior lol
Attached Images

3.2carrera

Appreciate 2
      11-22-2017, 10:01 AM   #87
rexxar_kuo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake_Late View Post
Quote:

Indeed

Actually, the reason why I'm replacing prodrive is I always love Matt black than gloss lol...
and the picture PD showed on their website fooled me
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1936.50
      11-22-2017, 10:06 AM   #88
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxar_kuo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake_Late View Post
Quote:

Indeed

Actually, the reason why I'm replacing prodrive is I always love Matt black than gloss lol...
and the picture PD showed on their website fooled me
Grrrrr
3.2carrera

Appreciate 0