F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > CIC to NBT Retro Fit
proTUNING Freaks

04-27-2021, 01:11 PM   #1
JustReloading
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i Gran Coupe

CIC to NBT Retro Fit

Hello All,

So I am having an issue. I have ordered a NBT head unit, IDrive Controller, 8.8 screen, NBT Wiring Harness and Nav Antenna. The install went smoothly, however I cannot get maps, nor the Bluetooth, or BMW Connected Drive to connect. (I cannot even set the clock on the radio). I believe this is due to the radio being from a doner vehicle and all of the above was purchased off of eBay. I have coded the vehicle using BimmerCode as well as tried to code the car using ISTA. But I am getting errors, and I was told I need to find a work around for the Combox. At this point I've exhausted all of my knowledge and need help, can anyone tell me what I need to do or how I can get this working?? Please and Thank You!!
      04-27-2021, 05:34 PM   #2
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

You can‘t just install a new headunit and think that it will work so easy.
The HU has to be coded for the car, the VIN has to be written into the HU.
You also need activation codes because BMW has built in protection so that you cannot simply install a device from one car into another (theft protection).
For that you need the right software (e.g. E-Sys) or someone who can do that for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 01:40 PM   #3
JustReloading
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i Gran Coupe

Help Identify This:

I bought a 2018 430i Gran Coupe from the dealership. I went to plug in my OBD 2 coding tool to use Bimmercode and seen that something was already plugged into that port. Can anyone please help me identify this?[IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

12-05-2021, 05:45 AM   #4
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustReloading View Post
Hello All,

So I am having an issue. I have ordered a NBT head unit, IDrive Controller, 8.8 screen, NBT Wiring Harness and Nav Antenna. The install went smoothly, however I cannot get maps, nor the Bluetooth, or BMW Connected Drive to connect. (I cannot even set the clock on the radio). I believe this is due to the radio being from a doner vehicle and all of the above was purchased off of eBay. I have coded the vehicle using BimmerCode as well as tried to code the car using ISTA. But I am getting errors, and I was told I need to find a work around for the Combox. At this point I've exhausted all of my knowledge and need help, can anyone tell me what I need to do or how I can get this working?? Please and Thank You!!
I believe you have two options: use an emulator to get around FSC codes or buy FSC codes (see the coding forums). The FSC codes are expensive and may not be very economical, but I think the map code is below $50.

There are also many other issues at play that are really hard to explain and you need to check several forums. Better to contact Shawn on the coding forums and he may be able to help.

Example:

My F30 car did not come originally with 609 or 6NS so should not write modified FA to car VCM (all the EDUs). But only write (i.e. code) to the involved individual ECUs) which in my case are NBT_HU and Kombi. The NBT_HU ECU must be coded with donor VIN# and corresponding valid Zeitkriterium for 609 and 6NS.

Modify FA (Zeitkriterium, Options 609, 6NS, etc.) and write FA to ECUs only - FA must have valid Zeitkriterium (build date) where F30 with Option 609 had NBT from factory.

- VO Code NBT_HU with modified FA using correct Zeitkriterium value and Donor VIN if using Emulator-box.
- VO Code Kombi with same Modified FA and original Car VIN .

Notes: since you use Emulator and Donor VIN and FSC Codes. You must put Donor VIN in FA and use it ONLY for Coding NBT, not any other ECU ,so do NOT write this modified FA to car VCM. Just modify FA, load it in Coding module and use it for coding only NBT.

As far as being able to set the clock, I believe you need to code this (tailored to your own HU):
HU_NBT > KOMBI_CIC > kombi_low
HU_NBT > BASIS_KOMBI_MMI_LIST > aktiv

Last edited by fe7565; 12-07-2021 at 07:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2021, 07:15 AM   #5
iyad.nasser
Rep
Drives: bmw

did you fix that if not then i can help you
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 02:01 PM   #6
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustReloading View Post
I bought a 2018 430i Gran Coupe from the dealership. I went to plug in my OBD 2 coding tool to use Bimmercode and seen that something was already plugged into that port. Can anyone please help me identify this?
It's a tracking device. Get it out of there immediately. And I'd call the dealer and find out WHY they stuck a tracking device in your car? Could be one that's meant to track inventory and was mistakenly left behind. Or it could be something worse, like your lender wanting it there. Either way, I'd be pissed and want to get to the bottom of it.
      02-07-2022, 03:04 PM   #7
Pasam1986
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 320D 07.2012 184HK

Hello evert body

I have f30 from 7.2012 with Entry CB headunit, Witout Navi!.
Just with 6.5 aux usb Bluetooth telephone.

I need opgrade to normal NBT,

What i am need change hardware ? I know i am need, controller and headunit-nbt, but what more?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 03:21 PM   #8
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasam1986 View Post
Hello evert body

I have f30 from 7.2012 with Entry CB headunit, Witout Navi!.
Just with 6.5 aux usb Bluetooth telephone.

I need opgrade to normal NBT,

What i am need change hardware ? I know i am need, controller and headunit-nbt, but what more?
They are several full guides on this forum if you search.

You can get part of the information from here:

Entry_Hu to NBT_HU and Android 10.25" upgrade guidance https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1853044
      02-08-2022, 05:00 AM   #9
Pasam1986
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30 320D 07.2012 184HK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
They are several full guides on this forum if you search.

You can get part of the information from here:

Entry_Hu to NBT_HU and Android 10.25" upgrade guidance https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1853044
Hello,

Thanks,

I Will check this post now thx

Last edited by Pasam1986; 02-08-2022 at 05:41 AM..
Appreciate 0