F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > End of a wee era - 335d is going, M4 is coming!
Extreme Powerhouse

07-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #155
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by too hot View Post
Didn't like it ! Just could never get comfortable driving it.Always got out of it with back pain!
Yes back pain can be a problem with the M3/4 especially the CP with no option for lumber. I had to use a small cushion in mine else I could never get comfortable.

But once you get used the seats they are VERY supportive. Much more than M Sport seats.
So now you've had the C63 a while how would you compare the two?
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 04:21 PM   #156
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Just looked on the configurator, have you seen the “Ultimate Package”!!

They should offer this on all models, a bit like Range Rovers Autobiography trim.
Yes it looks pretty good value, and was one of the tempting things about ordering a brand new one, but then I wouldn't have got it till winter time, and in reality id have spent a lot more, for little that I saw as that important.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 04:23 PM   #157
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
Quote:
Just looked on the configurator, have you seen the "Ultimate Package"!!

They should offer this on all models, a bit like Range Rovers Autobiography trim.
Yes it looks pretty good value, and was one of the tempting things about ordering a brand new one, but then I wouldn't have got it till winter time, and in reality id have spent a lot more, for little that I saw as that important.
So have you bought the M4 on HP?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 04:32 PM   #158
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, well PCP. Hard to get interest free credit otherwise!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 04:35 PM   #159
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Was it a pre reg then? How much did you save compared to deals on factory orders?

Sorry if this has already been discussed in the thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 04:41 PM   #160
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Was it a pre reg then? How much did you save compared to deals on factory orders?

Sorry if this has already been discussed in the thread.
No, it was built and in dealer stock with bmw, but unregistered, so it was new. Build date was late May.

I got them to match the Coast2Coast deals of about 12-13% discount.

It was only missing steering wheel heating from what I would have ordered anyway, and I'd not have been able to get silverstone with a new order, and I'd have had a car with a PPF.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 06:07 PM   #161
rick7591
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 430D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
I was in Cooper York yesterday and they had a new, unregistered, Silverstone Blue M4 CP coupe on their forecourt. Chances are it won't have the exact spec you're after but if colour is important it might be worth either giving them a call direct or asking your local dealer to get in touch on your behalf?
Thanks for that, worth a call cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 06:15 PM   #162
rick7591
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 430D M Sport

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. £4500 is quite incredible!

No chance you could look for one already built and cancel the order for a new one?
I am doubting I will get the same discount after the 18% I got from carwow which forced my dealer to match it. I will call the York dealer in the morning and see whether the car has been assigned to anyone. Enjoy the car
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 06:41 PM   #163
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
No, it was built and in dealer stock with bmw, but unregistered, so it was new. Build date was late May.

I got them to match the Coast2Coast deals of about 12-13% discount.

It was only missing steering wheel heating from what I would have ordered anyway, and I'd not have been able to get silverstone with a new order, and I'd have had a car with a PPF.
I see.

Never mind, your hands will be hot and sweaty enough driving such a powerful rwd car in slippery winter conditions!
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00
      07-31-2018, 07:28 PM   #164
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Well as most know, I was sadly not a fan of the M3 CP I had for many reasons such as exhaust note, harshness of the ride day to day, road noise, heavy steering and one or two other things. All in all a tad too hardcore for me.

Not really said a lot on here about my C63, after all its a BMW forum so you dont want someone harping on about other marques all the time! But I think my car is epic. They are expensive, but a fantastic car with a superb engine/exhaust which is much more suited to my wants and needs in a fast performance car. I'll be honest and I do think its around 3-4mpg worse off than the M3, but to be expected as its got another litre of engine to feed! But its certainly worth it, for me.

I recently posted this up on m3cutters on a thread regarding the newly released C63 facelift and sums up my thoughts on the C63.......

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showpo...&postcount=108

"I’d highly recommend the C63/C63S. Fantastic car with an epic engine.

The other week I went on the free AMG driving experience day that you get for buying an AMG down at Mercedes Benz World and you get to see first hand how amazing these cars are. They handle so well given their weight and the grip is unbelievable. Yes the M3/4 is always seen to come out on top when it comes to a track shoot out, but to the average driver, you ain’t going to tell that much difference between the two. You really won’t.

One main reason I prefer the C63 over the M3 is that the ride is more forgiving. I found my old M3 CP was great when you are “on it” but tedious the rest of the time. Very slightly too hardcore for a daily driver imo.

The torque on the C63S is awesome (700 Nm, more than an F10 M5) and makes it noticeably more urgent than my old M3.

Like all cars however, it’s not perfect. The boot is small, much smaller than an M4, and the rattles, squeaks and creaks .... don’t get me started (although prob my ocd when it comes to rattles). But these things can be sorted by the dealer.

I agree the M3/4 right now is better value, but if you want something a bit different (4.0 V8) and in my opinion more fun ...... and more of an occasion more of the time then go try a C63."

When driving the M3, I did miss the torque and effortless pull you got from the 6 cylinder diesels, especially on the motorway. Yes, you can drop a cog or two, but that's not my style (engine/exhaust - not great IMO). This C63s allows you to drive "diesel style" with 700Nm and pulls like a train.

Do I miss my old M3 and would I go back to one? Not at all, and I'll be honest I dont miss it at all, not one bit. However, I am glad I had one and ticked the box of owning an M car. You don't know till you try one.

However, for the right person I think its a very, very good car. The CP is now really sorted and if anyone is half thinking about taking the plunge then go get yourself a test drive and see if its for you. So many guys on cutters love them and I get that completely.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 4
      08-01-2018, 01:50 AM   #165
Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Well as most know, I was sadly not a fan of the M3 CP I had for many reasons such as exhaust note, harshness of the ride day to day, road noise, heavy steering and one or two other things. All in all a tad too hardcore for me.

Not really said a lot on here about my C63, after all its a BMW forum so you dont want someone harping on about other marques all the time! But I think my car is epic. They are expensive, but a fantastic car with a superb engine/exhaust which is much more suited to my wants and needs in a fast performance car. I'll be honest and I do think its around 3-4mpg worse off than the M3, but to be expected as its got another litre of engine to feed! But its certainly worth it, for me.

I recently posted this up on m3cutters on a thread regarding the newly released C63 facelift and sums up my thoughts on the C63.......

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showpo...&postcount=108

The other week I went on the free AMG driving experience day that you get for buying an AMG down at Mercedes Benz World and you get to see first hand how amazing these cars are. They handle so well given their weight and the grip is unbelievable. Yes the M3/4 is always seen to come out on top when it comes to a track shoot out, but to the average driver, you ain’t going to tell that much difference between the two. You really won’t.

One main reason I prefer the C63 over the M3 is that the ride is more forgiving. I found my old M3 CP was great when you are “on it” but tedious the rest of the time. Very slightly too hardcore for a daily driver imo.

The torque on the C63S is awesome (700 Nm, more than an F10 M5) and makes it noticeably more urgent than my old M3.

Like all cars however, it’s not perfect. The boot is small, much smaller than an M4, and the rattles, squeaks and creaks .... don’t get me started (although prob my ocd when it comes to rattles). But these things can be sorted by the dealer.

I agree the M3/4 right now is better value, but if you want something a bit different (4.0 V8) and in my opinion more fun ...... and more of an occasion more of the time then go try a C63."

When driving the M3, I did miss the torque and effortless pull you got from the 6 cylinder diesels, especially on the motorway. Yes, you can drop a cog or two, but that's not my style (engine/exhaust - not great IMO). This C63s allows you to drive "diesel style" with 700Nm and pulls like a train.

Do I miss my old M3 and would I go back to one? Not at all, and I'll be honest I dont miss it at all, not one bit. However, I am glad I had one and ticked the box of owning an M car. You don't know till you try one.

However, for the right person I think its a very, very good car. The CP is now really sorted and if anyone is half thinking about taking the plunge then go get yourself a test drive and see if its for you. So many guys on cutters love them and I get that completely.
No car is perfect, just some are better suited a to an individual's personal wants and needs, so I think it's great that we have so much great choice, and pleased you found something that suits your needs better. Nothing worse than being in a car that's costing you a fortune that isn't really what you want.

Mine is most definitely a daily driver so will be interesting to see how I get on with the ride comfort round the crappy local roads. After the 335d on coilovers I am sure it will be fine for me, but I am wary of 20" wheels so I will put it on 19s with winter tyres coming winter time and if it is much better then may switch to 19s for summer tyres too.

I also had a look in to the RS4/5 and C63s as well but the costs were way higher, not including the extra fuel, so given that, and the fact that MarkG_M3CP had let me try his car on numerous occasions, including a boring rush hour commute, it was an easy decision for me.

I'd heard the Mercs were a bit creaky and rattly... really that bad?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 02:34 AM   #166
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Quote:

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showpo...;postcount=108

Hello Dopper, long time! That was a long read but sounds like you're loving the C63 more than the M. Happy Motoring sir
      08-01-2018, 05:54 PM   #167
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
No car is perfect, just some are better suited a to an individual's personal wants and needs, so I think it's great that we have so much great choice, and pleased you found something that suits your needs better. Nothing worse than being in a car that's costing you a fortune that isn't really what you want.

Mine is most definitely a daily driver so will be interesting to see how I get on with the ride comfort round the crappy local roads. After the 335d on coilovers I am sure it will be fine for me, but I am wary of 20" wheels so I will put it on 19s with winter tyres coming winter time and if it is much better then may switch to 19s for summer tyres too.

I also had a look in to the RS4/5 and C63s as well but the costs were way higher, not including the extra fuel, so given that, and the fact that MarkG_M3CP had let me try his car on numerous occasions, including a boring rush hour commute, it was an easy decision for me.

I'd heard the Mercs were a bit creaky and rattly... really that bad?
Sounds like you will be fine with regards ride as you are used to the coil overs. And the fact you've had a few good runs in an M3 already so you know exactly what to expect.
This was my downfall that I never actually test drove an M3 before I bought it. However, a quick half hour ride around the block (which is all salesman typically want to do) doesn't give a true representation of what the car is like to live with day to day.

With regards creaks and rattles in the Merc, probably not much worse than my experience with BMWs TBH. But its just so annoying that you pick up a £70K+ car and you expect it to be perfect ... well at least for some time.

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 05:55 PM   #168
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Hello Dopper, long time! That was a long read but sounds like you're loving the C63 more than the M. Happy Motoring sir
Hey Chris, hows it going.
And how is that wagon of yours?

Current:
Golf R Mk8
Previous:
Golf R Mk7.5
Mercedes AMG C63 S Coupe
F80 M3 Competition Pack
Appreciate 0