F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > ALL 2013 3 Series (F30) July Production Changes, including F30 M Sport Price & Detail
Studio RSR

06-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #133
Mrcarcrazy
Sarcasm free with all posts.
Rep
Drives: 05 Elise REV310

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitnessX View Post
Why are they continuing the E92/E93 for another model year? Is the F32 not ready?
answered your own question...
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #134
johnofcross
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Superman 2013 F30 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine F31 View Post
I went to Bimmerfest at the Rose Bowl last weekend and I saw an E46 M3 that was Laguna Seca blue with some kind of red interior (not coral). It was ummmmmmm..... interesting. Not horrible, but like you said, after a few days I'd be over it.
I'm getting this combo. I personally like it. More striking and unique than blue with black / beige interior IMO.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #135
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofcross View Post
I'm getting this combo. I personally like it. More striking and unique than blue with black / beige interior IMO.
Striking and unique for sure.... post pics (of course) when you get it. Maybe you'll sway me... maybe

I used the UK configurator to "build" a Tanzanite blue F31 with coral red interior and it looked pretty good.

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #136
johnofcross
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Striking and unique for sure.... post pics (of course) when you get it. Maybe you'll sway me... maybe

I used the UK configurator to "build" a Tanzanite blue F31 with coral red interior and it looked pretty good.
Here's one:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=33
This post shows all the interior looks of the M Sport. The red peering through the windows with the blue and chrome... I think it looks fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #137
WitnessX
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4dr sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcarcrazy View Post
answered your own question...
lol I guess I did. Unusual, as the next gen 3er coupe and convertible usually follow within of the sedan's launch. I have a question for you all, though: how much stock do you put in the rumor/theory that BMW is gonna split the F32 off as the 4-series, though? I ask because I am of the 'I'll believe it when I see it' mindset, as that rumor has been around for about a decade (I remember reading it in a 2001 issue of Road & Track, along with the rumor about a BMW V6). Plus, Mercedes, who really kind of started it back in the late 90s, has since folded the coupes back into their sedan ranges (both the C- and E-classes now have coupes).
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #138
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnofcross View Post
Here's one:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=33
This post shows all the interior looks of the M Sport. The red peering through the windows with the blue and chrome... I think it looks fantastic.
I cant see the pictures. Can you post the one you're referring to? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:35 PM   #139
johnofcross
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I cant see the pictures. Can you post the one you're referring to? Thanks!
The BMW site hosting it is down... boo

but my phone cached it, so here you go:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #140
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Ack, that is horrendous. Heavy window tint should be mandatory. I love Estoril, and I love red interiors, but I also love yogurt and beer and don't feel the need to combine them.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #141
Mrcarcrazy
Rep

mmmmm yogurt beer.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #142
okolisr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 435i xDrive Msport 6MT

The UK configurator www.bmw.co.uk came back up with updates this morning.

One addition I noticed on the M Sport is the new display of BMW Individual Trim XE9 -- Black Leather with Braided Pattern. Here is a close-up sample from the X5 Individual Brochure.

I personally like BMW's burl walnut wood trim (yes, even on an M Sport), but the Individual leather trim might be a good alternative to the hex aluminum for those willing to pay a little extra.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #143
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by okolisr View Post

One addition I noticed on the M Sport is the new display of BMW Individual Trim XE9 -- Black Leather with Braided Pattern. Here is a close-up sample from the X5 Individual Brochure.

I personally like BMW's burl walnut wood trim (yes, even on an M Sport), but the Individual leather trim might be a good alternative to the hex aluminum for those willing to pay a little extra.
In order to be able to specify this trim u'll also need to specify the individual merino leather.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #144
Mrcarcrazy
Rep

which equals how much $$? or do we know?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #145
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
mmmmm yogurt beer.
LOL!
Yeah, I'm going to go with Red Bread on this one. Love the colors individually, but together it's just not working for me...
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #146
Mrcarcrazy
Rep

Quote:
LOL!
Yeah, I'm going to go with Red Bread on this one. Love the colors individually, but together it's just not working for me...
I concur. I'd still do it if my wife would let me...luckily she won't.

She's forcing sapphire black on me, so we'll be styling in black and red. I may just hire someone to clean the damn thing weekly. I hate owning black cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #147
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I concur. I'd still do it if my wife would let me...luckily she won't.

She's forcing sapphire black on me, so we'll be styling in black and red. I may just hire someone to clean the damn thing weekly. I hate owning black cars.
It's not so bad, and Sapphire has the advantage of looking dirty even when it's clean.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #148
Mrcarcrazy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
It's not so bad, and Sapphire has the advantage of looking dirty even when it's clean.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #149
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Our 1er is Jet Black and it either requires kid gloves and lots of care when washing, or learning to live with some swirls. I would order another though, it just looks great clean and properly detailed. But I can't get an M Sport in Jet Black, and I personally can't stand Sapphire, so now I'm torn between Estoril with a black interior or silver with the red interior. My M Coupe was Imola with black interior, so it's also tempting to do Melbourne with black.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #150
Mrcarcrazy
Rep

Quote:
Our 1er is Jet Black and it either requires kid gloves and lots of care when washing, or learning to live with some swirls. I would order another though, it just looks great clean and properly detailed. But I can't get an M Sport in Jet Black, and I personally can't stand Sapphire, so now I'm torn between Estoril with a black interior or silver with the red interior. My M Coupe was Imola with black interior, so it's also tempting to do Melbourne with black.
I haven't paid much attention to what sapphire looks like in person, I just assumed it was a metallic black. which would be fine for me (hides some of the swirls)...

I guess I may have to go by the DLR so I know what the hell I just ordered...

I'm a blue car guy, wife is a black car girl...I already have a blue car, and she thinks two blue cars is too many. I told her there is no such thing as too much blue.

I'm not a silver car person, so given those two facts...I'd Vote for you to get Estoril
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #151
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I haven't paid much attention to what sapphire looks like in person, I just assumed it was a metallic black. which would be fine for me (hides some of the swirls)...

I guess I may have to go by the DLR so I know what the hell I just ordered...

I'm a blue car guy, wife is a black car girl...I already have a blue car, and she thinks two blue cars is too many. I told her there is no such thing as too much blue.

I'm not a silver car person, so given those two facts...I'd Vote for you to get Estoril
Certainly leaning that way, but somewhere along the way, I convinced my wife that she likes red interiors. But I think I'm buying an orange Wrangler, so an Estoril car would be a nice contrast, and just add to the annoying factor.

I'm not really a fan of metallic paints, maybe because my ex had a metallic black Audi I just don't care for Sapphire. It's got a lot of gold in it, which just looks like dust to me. I liked the earlier BMW metallic black, Cosmos, which had silver metallic in the black base.

I also like silver for it's historical tie to Germany's racing color, not that my wife cares, or that a 328i F31 is exactly a LeMans race car.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #152
Mrcarcrazy
Rep

Quote:
Certainly leaning that way, but somewhere along the way, I convinced my wife that she likes red interiors. But I think I'm buying an orange Wrangler, so an Estoril car would be a nice contrast, and just add to the annoying factor.

I'm not really a fan of metallic paints, maybe because my ex had a metallic black Audi I just don't care for Sapphire. It's got a lot of gold in it, which just looks like dust to me. I liked the earlier BMW metallic black, Cosmos, which had silver metallic in the black base.

I also like silver for it's historical tie to Germany's racing color, not that my wife cares, or that a 328i F31 is exactly a LeMans race car.
The red and silver combo is nice, I remember seeing a Z4 traveling down the interstate top down in that color combo...I liked it a lot.

You'd think w/ a name like "sapphire" it'd have blue flakes...or I guess that may be more of a wish on my part
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #153
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport

Quote:
which equals how much $$? or do we know?
Not known for US market (not sure whether it'll be offered just yet). In Europe abt 3k-5k depending on the market.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #154
Mrcarcrazy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Not known for US market (not sure whether it'll be offered just yet). In Europe abt 3k-5k depending on the market.
way to old of a reply for me to remember what I was replying to (and I don't care enough to go look) However:

IIRC my reply was about the Blue M sport brakes.

The new info is that M sport cars come with the standard brakes in the United States...and the only way to get an upgrade is to order the "M performance brakes" which is ordered online or from your local DLR.
Appreciate 0