F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > HELP! Backup Camera Install
GetBMWParts

07-05-2019, 02:03 PM   #1
kahn23
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 428i XDrive Coupe

HELP! Backup Camera Install

Hello all. I posted a question about the DIP switches for my Emtronika Backup camera yesterday but no responses :-(

Anyway, I forged ahead and hid all the wires and installed everything. When I started the car to test everything, at first, put in reverse and nothing. I tinkered with the DIP switches and got it to come up, but the image seems like 3/4 the screen and like the multimedia and the backup camera are fighting for the screen. Like the backup camera is displaying over the multimedia and not by itself. Is this simply a DIP switch combination issue or something else? Also, there is a blue wire coming from the plug from the Emtronika module that I don't know what to do with? Any ideas on that? See the images below.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 03:05 PM   #2
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

I think its the dip switches that are not correct. Check this thread out.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1547449

I had this camera installed but I uninstalled it due to it sending power out to different parts of the car when I turned it off until it went to sleep. It was really annoying and I was worried it would eventually mess something up.

I think I had the same issue with the lines and I fixed it with the switches.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 04:21 PM   #3
kahn23
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 428i XDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post
I think its the dip switches that are not correct. Check this thread out.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1547449

I had this camera installed but I uninstalled it due to it sending power out to different parts of the car when I turned it off until it went to sleep. It was really annoying and I was worried it would eventually mess something up.

I think I had the same issue with the lines and I fixed it with the switches.
You are correct, it was a DIP switch thing. I spent like an hour out there going over flipping different switches. I had seen that post before and the thing is, with the current way I have the switches, if I turn 8 off like everyone says, it brings in the 4 dashes closest to you, but then it makes all the lines off center. Super annoying. I know it's just a matter of the switch combo, but damned if I can figure out the combination needed to keep full screen and have all the lines in their correct positions and keep it full screen. The dip switch chart is kinda confusing to me in that other thread...2 sets of the same numbers and the offs and ons, not sure which ones apply to my car? Thanks for the help though, Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 10:53 PM   #4
kkasicha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328

Hi I am in the same boat. I have an image exactly like you have shown. I should have read your post before buying online but stupid me. Did you figure out what is the combination?

I received a reply
Please turn ON only these dips: 2 4 5 8, others must be OFF
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 02:29 PM   #5
Usa4lifedds
Rep
Drives: Bmw 428i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahn23 View Post
Hello all. I posted a question about the DIP switches for my Emtronika Backup camera yesterday but no responses :-(

Anyway, I forged ahead and hid all the wires and installed everything. When I started the car to test everything, at first, put in reverse and nothing. I tinkered with the DIP switches and got it to come up, but the image seems like 3/4 the screen and like the multimedia and the backup camera are fighting for the screen. Like the backup camera is displaying over the multimedia and not by itself. Is this simply a DIP switch combination issue or something else? Also, there is a blue wire coming from the plug from the Emtronika module that I don't know what to do with? Any ideas on that? See the images below.
Hi, I recently purchased the same camera kit from Emtronika for my 2015 BMW 428i GC. Can you please share some wiring tips? I’m not clear on how to wire the system properly. There is a Red and Black wire coming from the camera that I don’t know what to do with. Also do I need to connect the Green and Red wires together to send power back to the camera? I know the blue wire is only for 360 view. please see pictures attached below:

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Last edited by Usa4lifedds; 11-16-2019 at 02:40 PM..
Appreciate 0