F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BimmerTech: CarPlay MMI Demo
ARMA SPEED

10-13-2018, 08:07 AM   #89
theblues
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY14 328xi - Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonchicken View Post
So I called bimmer-tech for support regarding poor audio quality during business hours hoping to get support with my car interior opened up installing this unit. No return call. Also they did not include instructions regarding the aux wiring for my year/configuration. I’m considering returning this and getting unichip because at least with unichip I knew the service would not be great. I’ve paid extra for bimmer tech and am now forced to drive the weekend with putting my dash back together with a poor sounding system and driving around with wire hanging out. Ugh.
Was your display the small size or the 8"8 or 10"? Curious if no issues with the resolution.

It sucks to drive around while the dash removed. Maybe to give support a try once again.

Please share your experience if you continued with Bimmertech.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 08:58 PM   #90
lemonchicken
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i blue

still trying to resolve this with dimmer-tech. they've got another support guy that is apparently going to emulate my setup to see if there is something that can be fixed.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 09:00 PM   #91
lemonchicken
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
Currently our support is available to take calls until 3pm ET, Monday to Friday.
Another question. when I hold down the talk button on the steering wheel, most of the time, the bmw voice prompt kicks in and does not pass the microphone over to siri. how can I get this to work like it does in your demo video?

Also, how do you adjust volume for navigation prompts and for phone calls? in true oem integration, you can change the volume with car volume control during a call or during navigation speech and that will adjust levels. currently, my calls are very low, the nav is very loud.

Last edited by lemonchicken; 11-07-2018 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: oem not poem
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 11:02 AM   #92
Bmoney81
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 50i

Does anyone know what rate an iPhone charges at through the USB connection in Bimmertech MMI?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 03:41 PM   #93
ryanburk
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoney81 View Post
Does anyone know what rate an iPhone charges at through the USB connection in Bimmertech MMI?
I see 5v 1A when I test my connection.

I have to add that I installed mine late last month and it has been great in my F25. I replaced my previously installed bimmertech rear camera MMI unit and it went really smoothly, taking around an hour. the CarPlay experience with latest version of iOS 13 works well, even without a touchscreen. a huge improvement versus the BMW NBT experience.
Appreciate 0