F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Ambient lighting switch on with front fogs switch
ARMA SPEED

03-17-2024, 04:34 PM   #23
Sprinterman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 touring

Possibly, but there seems to be overkill of the settings for just one function. Sidemarkers, ABBIEGEL, Nebelshw, FERNL, anyway your help is appreciated
      03-17-2024, 05:50 PM   #24
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F48 X1 xDrive 18D

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinterman View Post
Possibly, but there seems to be overkill of the settings for just one function. Sidemarkers, ABBIEGEL, Nebelshw, FERNL, anyway your help is appreciated
Yeah that’s why it is best to write it out in a spreadsheet.

Sidemarkers are only for US cars. Us headlights have separate sidemarker lights. If not US car, output should be off.

Abbiegel is corner light, often fog lights are used as output, unless there are separate lights installed.
Nebelsch is fog light
Fern is high beam, fern2 isn’t used in default setup
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 04:21 AM   #25
Sprinterman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ok so I’ve deleted all the side marker settings, so ABBIEGEL is the corner light, and nebelschw is the fog lights, but they are the same light. So what setting should ABBIEGEL be on? I have NEBELSCHW on 08. So FERNL 2 output should I set to 0? FERNL 2 L&R function is on FERNLICHT 05. FERNL 1 function L&R is on FERNLICHT 05 and FERNL 1 L&R output is on 0x12 and 0x13
      03-18-2024, 05:41 AM   #26
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ok so I’ve deleted all the side marker settings, so ABBIEGEL is the corner light, and nebelschw is the fog lights, but they are the same light. So what setting should ABBIEGEL be on? I have NEBELSCHW on 08. So FERNL 2 output should I set to 0? FERNL 2 L&R function is on FERNLICHT 05. FERNL 1 function L&R is on FERNLICHT 05 and FERNL 1 L&R output is on 0x12 and 0x13
About ABBIEGEL:
Function is cornerlight: 09 and 0A
Output is same as fog lights: 0B and 0C

See this video why this is logical. The function is cornering light but uses the fog light as output channel: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MKsTfFs8-NE

FERN 1
Function of high beam is 05
Output is 12 and 13 (if you have xenon) in case off halogen it’s (07 and 08)

FERN 2
Function of high beam is 05 (always)
Output off or (01 and 02) on my car it was off because I have LED light, might be different for xenon and halogen.
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2024, 11:05 AM   #27
Sprinterman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Perfect! You are absolutely correct, the Above settings I changed the values and everything works as it should.i changed the values of ABBIEGEL to 09 and 0A function, and output 0B and 0C. FERNL 1 was already the correct settings, and I changed FERNL 2 to output 01 and 02. I now have high beam flash for both xenon’s and fog lights to flash in the daylight in auto switch setting, and the fog light switch remains able to turn on and off manually. The 0 switch setting also (DRLS ON) also gives me high beam and fogs flashing together, and the fog light switch can also be turned on and off manually. Can’t thank you enough for all your time and effort, it’s been frustrating me for so long, much appreciated
      03-18-2024, 12:36 PM   #28
mrpingu
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Perfect! You are absolutely correct, the Above settings I changed the values and everything works as it should.i changed the values of ABBIEGEL to 09 and 0A function, and output 0B and 0C. FERNL 1 was already the correct settings, and I changed FERNL 2 to output 01 and 02. I now have high beam flash for both xenon’s and fog lights to flash in the daylight in auto switch setting, and the fog light switch remains able to turn on and off manually. The 0 switch setting also (DRLS ON) also gives me high beam and fogs flashing together, and the fog light switch can also be turned on and off manually. Can’t thank you enough for all your time and effort, it’s been frustrating me for so long, much appreciated
Good to hear and you are welcome
Appreciate 0