F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Making power in my F31 340i
ARMA SPEED

07-19-2022, 02:49 PM   #89
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i RWD

Unfortunately quite a boring update as I've not done anything interesting yet as I'm too much of a chicken to turn the power up at the moment. I have decided to send the car off to Williams Performance again late August to have the engine forged. There is quite a shopping list of stuff going into it and I'll make sure to get plenty of photos of the progress. I know it's a long journey to get work done but he is the only guy I will trust with making stuff happen on my car now.

I've been daily running it at this silly power level now for a couple of months and I'm fairly sure my luck will run out at some point. I do have a more powerful map I can run on the car which my tuner has said should drop my 5.18 to a 4.9X time due to the extra power and the way the power should come in but I've decided to play it a tiny bit safer and not risk wiping out my block just for that glory run.

The only annoyance at the moment is that my charge pipe coupler has decided to blow itself off a few times so I had to get another one sent out by Osprey Performance which has helped hold in the boost.

Oh actually, today I lost my parking sensors due to electrical gremlins. It might be heat related or it might be something else. I need to fire up ista and give the car a poking but it's too hot to mess around at the moment.
      07-20-2022, 03:31 AM   #90
Lorcan
The artist formerly known as AC Schnitzer UK
Rep
Drives: The Yellow Peril

We use Wiggins clamps - they are silly money for silly boost. They never fail though.

https://www.thinkauto.com/acatalog/W...Connector.html
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 04:33 PM   #91
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks for that but it was the fact that the original coupler wasn't really long enough to start with. Once it had a bit of oil on it, the engine hot and all that movement and it just slid off.

The new coupler is a bit longer so the clamps have a lot more to grip onto. Those clamps do look really good though
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 03:14 PM   #92
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Time for another update: The car is at Williams Performance getting forged!

The timeline was pushed a bit due to reasons but the car is finally with Marc starting its jouney to "full send". The car was stripped of its engine

On the ramp

Oops catch can had oil in it... sorry floor!

Out you come...

From being on the ramp to having the engine on the floor was apparently 2hrs and a cup of tea. Not bad going.

Because that was a night shift it had to wait until the next day for the engine to move into the prep room to be cleaned up.

I was shocked to see so much crap in there considering the amount of meth I use.

Not a single bent rod. Useful!

Clean but not clean enough.

Off to be vapour cleaned to give a really clean foundation to start with.

I think the block is back with Marc today but I've not received any photos yet. Once it's with him will start the fun stuff.

I'll share details of what's going in once I've got more photos.
Watsey6433.50
moppity106.50
Samir72433.00
Phil99z115.00
Lorcan3610.00
      09-16-2022, 01:29 PM   #93
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

It's STILL not back with me but Williams Performance have been super mega busy so my work has been moved to more of an evening project.
The engine is back in the car as of this afternoon but I don't think it's running yet

Valves before and after cleaning. Not too shabby

Nice and clean!

Block all turbo'd up ready to be shoe-horned back into the car

Block is back in the car ready to have the rest plumbed in.
      09-17-2022, 02:29 PM   #94
F30_320D_UK
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D M-Sport

Nice progress man. Going to be good when she fires up again ready for those draggy's
Appreciate 0