F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > is it totaled??
ARMA SPEED

12-03-2021, 07:52 PM   #45
Emerson335
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i xDrive

Garage List
2015 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiEaterF30 View Post
welp for anyone interested. the car was brought to a bmw certified auto body shop and deemed totaled.. she hit me hard on the driver's side and caused the frame/reinforcement to twist. not much damage but that's all it took for it to be done for. welp I guess on to the next one soon I hope
That sucks, I was hoping for good news. I assume you aren't able to pull any of your aftermarket stuff off the car to help offset your loss?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 08:45 PM   #46
bavarianride
Major General
Rep
Drives: bimmer

Quote:
welp for anyone interested. the car was brought to a bmw certified auto body shop and deemed totaled.. she hit me hard on the driver's side and caused the frame/reinforcement to twist. not much damage but that's all it took for it to be done for. welp I guess on to the next one soon I hope
CCRC is great at evaluating frame issues, so the diagnosis should be accurate per BMW process.

Non CCRC can misdiagnose and suck in tons of insurance money but ultimately still can't fix it right.

The good thing these BMWs are built tough so even though the car was totaled, the passengers get to move on in one piece.
Appreciate 2
CajunBMW1288.50
Wires1642.50
      12-03-2021, 10:18 PM   #47
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Go to Vroom and Carvana and get a quote on what they would offer you if the wreck had not happened. That'll give you a baseline for the current market. Also check to see how much they're asking at retail for cars similar to yours. Check CarMax, too, to see what their retail prices are for cars similar to yours.

The insurance company must pay you the current retail value of your car plus tax, title, and license. Unfortunately they're not likely to pay you much for the mods you've done.

Edit: just looked at CarMax and Carvana and from what I see there I'd say they should be offering you between $20k - $22k plus TTL.
Thank you for checking up on that. ive also been checking retail prices and was thinking more like 20-22k was right in the ballpark. I'll have to get a few examples ready for the lawyer and show them. hopefully they can get me a fair price.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 10:23 PM   #48
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerson335 View Post
Quote:
That sucks, I was hoping for good news. I assume you aren't able to pull any of your aftermarket stuff off the car to help offset your loss?
I was kinda 50/50 on the whole thing. I wanted my car back but I didn't want to get it back butchered.

I actually talked to the body shop manager bc we work closely together and he is letting me go this weekend to remove whatever I can off the car. I just have to replace it with oem parts and i have most of my stock parts so that works out kinda. no body shop does this from what I hear so I guess I got lucky. but anyone with a n26 328 I'll have some parts up for sale soon
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 10:30 PM   #49
quakerroatmeal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i Grand Coupe

Quote:
i was curious about that. I will deff keep that in mind when I talk to my lawyer. as it stands now they are giving me 18,400 and I owe 17,700 still... $700 for me. Whoopi fuckin doo. I'm not signing any paperwork till I get a fair price
When did you purchase the vehicle? Unless it was very recent at this time and age I'm surprise value didn't go up as used car prices have sky rocketed. But be grateful you're not upside down.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 10:33 PM   #50
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
Quote:
CCRC is great at evaluating frame issues, so the diagnosis should be accurate per BMW process.

Non CCRC can misdiagnose and suck in tons of insurance money but ultimately still can't fix it right.

The good thing these BMWs are built tough so even though the car was totaled, the passengers get to move on in one piece.
I'm a bit banged up but no broken bones or serious injuries. I suffered a concussion, whiplash and a sprained back im still getting bad headaches everyday but time and a nice check should fix all that. the good thing is i'm alive and was able to spend Thanksgiving with my family thanks to my BMW!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 10:40 PM   #51
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Blank

I bought it October 31 2018 with 32k on the clock. declared totaled December 3rd 2021 with 85k. I've had plenty of good times so I can't be to mad. I'm a little surprised seeing as used car prices are crazy right now but idk... yeah atleast I just barely had my head above water
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 02:38 AM   #52
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'm a bit banged up but no broken bones or serious injuries. I suffered a concussion, whiplash and a sprained back im still getting bad headaches everyday but time and a nice check should fix all that. the good thing is i'm alive and was able to spend Thanksgiving with my family thanks to my BMW!
Wow it was not a light hit at all, glad to hear that u are OK. Also photos in post#1 do not quite convey the severity of impact.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 06:32 AM   #53
Emerson335
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
I was kinda 50/50 on the whole thing. I wanted my car back but I didn't want to get it back butchered.

I actually talked to the body shop manager bc we work closely together and he is letting me go this weekend to remove whatever I can off the car. I just have to replace it with oem parts and i have most of my stock parts so that works out kinda. no body shop does this from what I hear so I guess I got lucky. but anyone with a n26 328 I'll have some parts up for sale soon
Well, that is at least a small win. Sounds like you have a good shop who works with you…many shops see the insurance companies their customer and not the vehicle owner. Again, the fact that no one was seriously hurt is the best news, and the used car market helped keep you from being upside down…situation could have been MUCH worse.

Since you had structural damage, it's best it's totaled as you would not want the car back. I guess in my situation I was just lucky in how I got hit as there was no structural damage despite it looking a lot worse. That's why it's hard to tell the severity from pics or even just looking at the car from above.

Good luck with your next one!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 08:06 AM   #54
bryanbrian
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Years ago my old Nissan Quest minivan got rear ended hard, but maybe not as quite as hard as yours. Frame was bent and the bodyshop straightened it out but they were never able to get it the same as before. So now I'm very leery of frame repairs. So you might be better off having it written off.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 11:23 AM   #55
bavarianride
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanbrian View Post
Years ago my old Nissan Quest minivan got rear ended hard, but maybe not as quite as hard as yours. Frame was bent and the bodyshop straightened it out but they were never able to get it the same as before. So now I'm very leery of frame repairs. So you might be better off having it written off.
Yeah BMW has tight repair process and approved framer (e.g. Celette), but regardless the car has to be stripped to fit on framer. Assuming the best tech of CCRC works the repair, I will still be wary of squeaks/rattles from tearing up/pulling/putting back manually vs. factory robots.

Also just identifying frame damages needs experienced eyes and/or precise measurements, so my preference is CCRCs for any suspected frame issues.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2021, 03:50 PM   #56
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
What will you be looking to get next OP? Same specs?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 06:37 PM   #57
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
This is pretty unfortunate. Turn this into a blessing by getting a 340?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 05:17 PM   #58
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
What will you be looking to get next OP? Same specs?
I'm was looking at x5 but I work as a tech at a bmw dealership and know the nightmares they can bring.almost all of them have various issues.. idk I'm kinda falling in love with the g30 540xi. around like 2018 model. looks almost identical to the f30 but bigger/more luxury. kinda like it's big brother. I don't care for the new 5 series to much I prefer the pre-lci model. but I think that would be a awesome upgrade for me and the fam
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 05:18 PM   #59
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
This is pretty unfortunate. Turn this into a blessing by getting a 340?
I was thinking g20 m340 but too much out the price range I think and I also wanted bigger body style
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 05:25 PM   #60
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Well, that is at least a small win. Sounds like you have a good shop who works with you…many shops see the insurance companies their customer and not the vehicle owner. Again, the fact that no one was seriously hurt is the best news, and the used car market helped keep you from being upside down…situation could have been MUCH worse.

Since you had structural damage, it's best it's totaled as you would not want the car back. I guess in my situation I was just lucky in how I got hit as there was no structural damage despite it looking a lot worse. That's why it's hard to tell the severity from pics or even just looking at the car from above.

I deff think it's best it was totaled out to. I've had my fun in it over the years and it's taught me alot too. I would be Leary of any and everything after that wreck. just the kind of person I am. either fix it the rightest way possible or not at all. but to anyone that does alot of driving I highly recommend getting a front and rear dash camera. it's always better safe then sorry no he said she said crap. and you do end up catching alot of funny stuff while driving
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 05:39 PM   #61
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

with your accident I had hope for mine but yea I guess under the panels can tell I whole different story. thanks again for your knowledge and everyone else that helped my "dramatic" self as some would say. I will deff be posting up the new car when I decide on the perfect one.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 05:48 PM   #62
Emerson335
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
with your accident I had hope for mine but yea I guess under the panels can tell I whole different story. thanks again for your knowledge and everyone else that helped my "dramatic" self as some would say. I will deff be posting up the new car when I decide on the perfect one.
Good luck, we'll be anxious to see what you choose next…hopefully it's something that keeps you here on Bimmerpost!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 06:03 PM   #63
AudiEaterF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Good luck, we'll be anxious to see what you choose next…hopefully it's something that keeps you here on Bimmerpost!
yes more then likely bmw again. the 1st one got me hooked!! but probably a different series section. I'm really thinking/looking hard for a 2018 540xi
Appreciate 1