F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > !! Need help with F30 lci 2016.
GetBMWParts

07-09-2019, 12:05 PM   #1
pradsr71
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 LCI

!! Need help with F30 lci 2016.

Hi there i am new to bimmerpost. i own a 2016 f30 LCI . few days ago in the morning when i went to the car to leave for work i noticed a square foam bush which was lying down underneath the car on the floor near the front right tire . i earlier had rat bite problem..i opened the hood and saw another similar square foam bush bitten and shredded and left near the left fender inside the hood.

I have attached the photo of the foam bush(sorry if iam calling it wrong,maybe its not a bush). i need help identifying what it is ?? and were it would have come from ???... does it needs replacing....the car is fine and running great as usual no warnings . Thank you in advance .
Attached Images

Last edited by pradsr71; 07-10-2019 at 05:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 09:45 AM   #2
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

It looks like part of the foam piece that tucks behind the engine, under the cowl. AFAIK, it's only purpose is for NVH reduction. I don't have mine in (was missing when I bought the car). If that's where it's from, it's not a big deal. The bigger possible issue is that rats also like to chew up wire insulation. If they eat through an electrical connection, you'll have a real problem.