F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 340i Quad Exhaust Help**
Extreme Powerhouse

08-08-2018, 03:09 PM   #1
tobefair-idontcare
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

340i Quad Exhaust Help**

I currently have a 2017 340i with MPPSK. I want to remove the M Performance CF tips I have on now and replace them with aftermarket quad exhaust tips and replace the rear diffuser to match. However, I don't know the current inlet diameter of the tips/outlet diameter of the M Performance pipes and was hoping someone could help me with the measurements.

Also, if anyone knows of good aftermarket quad tips that would work with the MPPSK exhaust I would be very appreciative.
      08-09-2018, 01:39 AM   #2
G.Newt
Major
Rep
Drives: CT4-V Blackwing 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobefair-idontcare View Post
I currently have a 2017 340i with MPPSK. I want to remove the M Performance CF tips I have on now and replace them with aftermarket quad exhaust tips and replace the rear diffuser to match. However, I don't know the current inlet diameter of the tips/outlet diameter of the M Performance pipes and was hoping someone could help me with the measurements.

Also, if anyone knows of good aftermarket quad tips that would work with the MPPSK exhaust I would be very appreciative.
You'd also need to get a new rear (probably an F80 M3 rear bumper replica + diffuser) to go along with the quad exhaust tips.
DAW v2.5 turbo E40 | Dorch S2 | VRSF DP | MST intake | AWE catback | 335is clutch | CSF heat exchanger | RK Autowerks intake manifold | Orange M Perf Brake Kit | KW Street Comfort coilovers | GTS taillights V2
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #3
tobefair-idontcare
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Newt View Post
You'd also need to get a new rear (probably an F80 M3 rear bumper replica + diffuser) to go along with the quad exhaust tips.
I’ll be honest, this doesn’t make much sense. The M3 exhaust is much narrower than an F30 dual exhaust. I’d have to change the placement of the exhaust entirely. My plan, and unless I’m missing something major, is to replace the rear diffuser with a 335i style quad diffuser and then put quad tips in place of the single outlets I have now. The only hang-up is finding the outlet diameter of the MPE pipe and finding corresponding quad tips to work with the exhaust. The only problem I can foresee is a clearance issue if the diameter of the new tips are too large for the diffuser.

Any experts want to way in? I’m in need of some expertise of someone who has gone before me. Thanks, gents!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 11:23 AM   #4
Xanderdbs
Private
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3

Quote:
Quote:
I’ll be honest, this doesn’t make much sense. The M3 exhaust is much narrower than an F30 dual exhaust. I’d have to change the placement of the exhaust entirely. My plan, and unless I’m missing something major, is to replace the rear diffuser with a 335i style quad diffuser and then put quad tips in place of the single outlets I have now. The only hang-up is finding the outlet diameter of the MPE pipe and finding corresponding quad tips to work with the exhaust. The only problem I can foresee is a clearance issue if the diameter of the new tips are too large for the diffuser.

Any experts want to way in? I’m in need of some expertise of someone who has gone before me. Thanks, gents!
Quote:
Quote:
I'll be honest, this doesn't make much sense. The M3 exhaust is much narrower than an F30 dual exhaust. I'd have to change the placement of the exhaust entirely. My plan, and unless I'm missing something major, is to replace the rear diffuser with a 335i style quad diffuser and then put quad tips in place of the single outlets I have now. The only hang-up is finding the outlet diameter of the MPE pipe and finding corresponding quad tips to work with the exhaust. The only problem I can foresee is a clearance issue if the diameter of the new tips are too large for the diffuser.

Any experts want to way in? I'm in need of some expertise of someone who has gone before me. Thanks, gents!
The inlet size is 67mm. I was looking into the sane thing. I guy on the forum just did it.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #5
tobefair-idontcare
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderdbs View Post
The inlet size is 67mm. I was looking into the sane thing. I guy on the forum just did it.
Thanks, man! This is very helpful. Any more info or a link to the thread if he posted one would be excellent.
Appreciate 1
vp59.00
      08-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #6
Xanderdbs
Private
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderdbs View Post
Thanks, man! This is very helpful. Any more info or a link to the thread if he posted one would be excellent.
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1422648

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1419764
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 12:14 PM   #7
tobefair-idontcare
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone have any clue where to find the exhaust tips? I can’t find a single set of 67mm inlet quad tips.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 08:07 PM   #8
Xanderdbs
Private
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Anyone have any clue where to find the exhaust tips? I can't find a single set of 67mm inlet quad tips.
Aliexpress

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/-/32714534604.html

Here is an example.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 07:46 AM   #9
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

I don't have quad tips but you can do what I did. I bought 2.5" inlet tips, brought it to a muffler shop, and they welded on 2.5" piping after the stock piping so it would fit. You're going to have to split the piping anyway to fit quad tips, so you can use whatever piping size you want.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0