F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Toolkit and Jack, 430i Convertible?
proTUNING Freaks

08-20-2018, 08:44 AM   #1
gkamieneski
Private
Rep
Drives: 430i xdrive convertible

Toolkit and Jack, 430i Convertible?

Surprised to find with my new 430i xdrive convertivle that there is no toolkit or scissor jack under the trunk deck. Also no first aid kit or warning triangle. I did find the tow hook.

Is this reality even though these items are discussed in the owners manual? Also, what is supposed to go in the covered little plastic tray on the left side in the trunk? The cover is closed with a thumblock.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #2
Palantir
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30

Hundreds of threads in that regard. You will need to acquire on your own. Many different options. Most people buy a floor jack and call it a day. I got the bmw kit with jack, torque wrench, lug wrench etc. There is also a kit featuring a compact spare. Depending on what you use the car for one of these options could work best. I commute 10 miles each way and have no need for spare - hence i got compressor, plug kit and jack kit. If I ever decide to go on a long trip with the f30 I will buy extra full size wheel and tire for the trip.
https://parts.bmwnorthwest.com/p/BMW...SABEgIym_D_BwE

http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Perfor...iABEgK1vvD_BwE
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8215.50
      08-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #3
gkamieneski
Private
Rep
Drives: 430i xdrive convertible

Thanks for the quick reply.

Mine has 19in wheels with run flats, so I guess that's why no toolkit or jack and running a donut with the other 3 tires 19in may be problematic.

Seems the warning triangle and first aid kit didn't make it to our shores as well.

Still, does anyone know what goes in the shallow plastic tray with the thumblock cover at the left side of the trunk?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 11:09 AM   #4
silvercas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: One

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkamieneski View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

Mine has 19in wheels with run flats, so I guess that's why no toolkit or jack and running a donut with the other 3 tires 19in may be problematic.

Seems the warning triangle and first aid kit didn't make it to our shores as well.

Still, does anyone know what goes in the shallow plastic tray with the thumblock cover at the left side of the trunk?
nothing goes in the left side (where the label is advising not to store anything on top). its just a small cubby
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 04:07 PM   #5
Elvisfan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 430ix convertible MGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercas View Post
nothing goes in the left side (where the label is advising not to store anything on top). its just a small cubby
Actually,you can store items on the left side or right side. As long as you don’t put the top down. Leave the cover up. I have a first aid kit.
Appreciate 0