F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > F30 microfilter replacing
Extreme Powerhouse

05-22-2020, 03:32 PM   #45
IraHayes
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pongkin View Post
so when i turn the a/c on it STINKS. it been there since last year. I replaced the filter oem one, after a couple of days the a/c still STINKS. anything i can do?
Read from post 17 on in this thread. This has resolved the issue for more than a few people.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ghlight=mildew
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 03:36 PM   #46
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IraHayes View Post
Read from post 17 on in this thread. This has resolved the issue for more than a few people.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ghlight=mildew
Yup, basically mentioned that in one of my posts above as well. Bottom line is to drive with the A/C off and recirculate off (draw in outside air) for a few minutes before parking to dry out any condensation.

If its already really bad you might need to do a treatment.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 11:37 AM   #47
RAK92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i Coupe M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
That's not how it's supposed to work. You buy a new one from them, and when you get it you install it and then send your old one back. When they get the old one they credit the new one/purchase you made.

My video at 2:53 shows how the arrows should be oriented.
So FCP gives no hassle returning your old air filter and they even credit you? How does that business model even work? I mean, it sounds like they are just giving away free air filters? I understand they have a warranty but an air filter is supposed to get dirty so how does this even qualify? Just asking because I honestly never heard this and I think I just saw someone else mention the free replacement on another DIY video.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 01:05 PM   #48
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAK92 View Post
So FCP gives no hassle returning your old air filter and they even credit you? How does that business model even work? I mean, it sounds like they are just giving away free air filters? I understand they have a warranty but an air filter is supposed to get dirty so how does this even qualify? Just asking because I honestly never heard this and I think I just saw someone else mention the free replacement on another DIY video.

Thanks in advance!
Go to FCP euro website and just read it. They offer free replacement (lifetime warranty) of basically all wear items. Yes, it seems like a confusing and not profitable business model; they provide more information on their website.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 03:18 PM   #49
RAK92
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i Coupe M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Go to FCP euro website and just read it. They offer free replacement (lifetime warranty) of basically all wear items. Yes, it seems like a confusing and not profitable business model; they provide more information on their website.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0