F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW F30 3 Series / F32 4 Series Debut Timeline
ARMA SPEED

05-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #111
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCperformance View Post
Thanks Jason.
Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but are you aware of any changes to the 2014 335s that would make it worth waiting for rather than ordering a 2013 now?
It's all pretty much the same except for a few different options packages and the equipment in them, Navigation with touchpad idrive, optional M Sport brakes on the M Sport line
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #112
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
M Sport brakes are an option in the US now?? Interesting...
I also saw the press release about launch control and sailing. As I understand it, that means that there will likely be an HCC within the ZF 8AT, which would be awesome.

I'm kinda glad I waited to order... do you know when the first allocations to order a 2014 will be available?
      05-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #113
JasonX4MComp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X4M Comp

Quote:
I also saw the press release about launch control and sailing. As I understand it, that means that there will likely be an HCC within the ZF 8AT, which would be awesome.

I'm kinda glad I waited to order... do you know when the first allocations to order a 2014 will be available?
We should be able to start ordering them in next week or two. I'm debating myself on whether to switch my order to a 2014
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #114
MLBMW
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

sailing

Quote:

What is 'sailing'? Thanks for the information.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #115
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011335xiCoupeMW View Post
What is 'sailing'?
This is from a May 6th BMW press release...

Quote:
BMW EfficientDynamics: ECO PRO Mode now with sailing function and anticipation assistant.

Thanks to new functions for the ECO PRO Mode, which can be activated via the Driving Experience Control feature, BMW is increasing the possibilities of achieving better fuel economy through intelligent energy management. From the summer of 2013, all model variants of the BMW 1 Series, the BMW 3 Series and the BMW 6 Series equipped with the eight-speed automatic transmission or the eight-speed sports transmission either optionally or as standard, will feature the new sailing mode. At speeds of between 50 and 160 km/h in the ECO PRO Mode, the drive train is disconnected as soon as the driver lifts his/her foot from the accelerator pedal without applying the brakes. As a result, the vehicle is able to ‘sail’ without engine power, thereby also achieving maximum fuel efficiency. Fuel economy is now promoted even more intensively using the optional navigation system Professional. When the routing function is activated, the new anticipation assistant informs the driver of the ideal time to slow down when approaching bends and stretches of road where speed limits are in force in order to obtain better fuel efficiency. For the first time, BMW EfficientDynamics technology and BMW ConnectedDrive technology will be networked with each other within the framework of the intelligent energy management – with the effect that further fuel savings will be achieved in ECO PRO mode.