F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover > WTB: 340i w/ 6MT, xDrive, M Sport, and Track Handling Package
Studio RSR

05-07-2020, 01:55 PM   #1
rak4me
Rep
Drives: 2005.5 Audi S4 6MT

WTB: 340i w/ 6MT, xDrive, M Sport, and Track Handling Package

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hi all, I'm looking to buy a 340i with the following specs:
  • 6MT
  • xDrive
  • M Sport Package
  • Track Handling Package

I've been checking the major online used car sites frequently, so I understand that this is a rare combination -- manual transmission and THP seem especially difficult to find, and finding them together is difficult as well.

Although I have some preferred choices, I'm open on the other specs (exterior/interior color, etc.) and I'm open to buying from any location if I find the right one.

If you're selling the above or know someone who might be selling theirs, please let me know. I'm prepared to buy immediately. Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
niquehawk5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

westlake, OH BMW.....estoril blue with everything you want, certified.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
rak4me
Rep

Good eye! Yes, I saw that one and I spoke with a salesman about it. That one has Sensatec upholstery ... I am sure it is just fine and I might not even know the difference otherwise, but in my head I have an issue with spending upwards of $35k on a used car with synthetic leather. Just my opinion. But thanks much for your reply. I appreciate it!
Appreciate 2
      05-08-2020, 01:56 PM   #4
sabri
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 330I M Sport

following
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 03:34 PM   #5
2manybimmers
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rebuilding the stable

I'm selling a 2016 RWD 6 speed 340i. Glacial Silver on Saddle Brown hard loaded with 38.5k. I'm asking 29k

Call or text at 972-322-4626

[IMG]https://share.icloud.com/photos/0jDC...meuG3AuQ#Plano[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 02:46 PM   #6
niquehawk5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak4me View Post
Good eye! Yes, I saw that one and I spoke with a salesman about it. That one has Sensatec upholstery ... I am sure it is just fine and I might not even know the difference otherwise, but in my head I have an issue with spending upwards of $35k on a used car with synthetic leather. Just my opinion. But thanks much for your reply. I appreciate it!
totally understand.....ive actually had both and personally prefer the sensatec but only for the reason of it holding up over time/not as concerned about it. Leather definitely takes an extra level of care and concern. That said, im also looking for leather and a very similar wish list to yours......good luck, hopefully we can each find that perfect match.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 03:38 PM   #7
rak4me
Rep

Over the weekend, I found two new listings that appear to match all 4 criteria (6MT, xDrive, M Sport, Track Pack). For anyone who is interested, here they are:

www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/810527005/overview/

www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/810418923/overview/

Not sure if they're the right fit for me, but I know they're hard to come across so I wanted to share with others who are following the thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 07:25 AM   #8
niquehawk5
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Over the weekend, I found two new listings that appear to match all 4 criteria (6MT, xDrive, M Sport, Track Pack). For anyone who is interested, here they are:

www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/810527005/overview/

www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/810418923/overview/

Not sure if they're the right fit for me, but I know they're hard to come across so I wanted to share with others who are following the thread.
this is awesome.....im in a very similar camp so ill help as well when i see anything
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 11:57 AM   #9
biomed27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

Sensatec is 10x better than leather. My car I still looks like new. There's no difference between the drivers seat and the other seats 👍🏻

If only the m4 came with sensatec..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 07:43 PM   #10
RM.B58
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 340i xdrive 6mt

Selling my 2018 black on black 12.5k bc coil overs 437m wheels dinan cf intake stage 1 dinan tune, it's a r title though was involved in a accident message me for pictures etc
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #11
rak4me
Rep

For anyone following this thread who is looking for the tough-to-find combination of 340i with 6MT, xDrive, M Sport, and Track Handling Package, here is one that I found recently:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...1666/overview/

I believe it's in the Virginia/DC area, and this is a private seller. FYI, I inquired about this car several times and never heard back from the seller. I even sent an additional inquiry from my wife's e-mail address and still no dice. It has been on cars.com for a week or two now and he recently updated his ad to include more specs/details, so it's odd that he hasn't been responsive.

That said, if you can reach this guy, the car looks pretty nice and has the four items listed above. Low miles too -- 23,000.

Happy searching and good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 08:46 AM   #12
rak4me
Rep

Hi all,

I found my 340i! Mineral Grey Metallic with black leather interior, all of the items that I mentioned in the thread title and well-optioned in addition with Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Navigation, and Technology Package. It may take me a while to figure everything out, but I know that I'll love driving this car.

Below is a photo. Pardon the busy background and the grass clippings on the driveway ... I haven't had time to take it somewhere for better pics yet.

Smooth and linear power delivery from extremely low RPM to however high you care to rev it (I know it's capable of being pushed hard, but I tend to stay reasonably far away from redline), and I got a very respectable 29 MPG on my first longer trip. By contrast, my 2005 Audi S4, which I also loved, could barely register 20 MPG no matter what the driving conditions were.

Anyway, I wanted to share a photo to wrap up this thread, and I look forward to participating in the forum from now on. To all who are searching for the rare 6MT + Track Pack combo, keep the faith. It's worth it!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 12:13 PM   #13
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Uber / Lyft / CTA

Quote:
Hi all,

I found my 340i! Mineral Grey Metallic with black leather interior, all of the items that I mentioned in the thread title and well-optioned in addition with Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Navigation, and Technology Package. It may take me a while to figure everything out, but I know that I'll love driving this car.

Below is a photo. Pardon the busy background and the grass clippings on the driveway ... I haven't had time to take it somewhere for better pics yet.

Smooth and linear power delivery from extremely low RPM to however high you care to rev it (I know it's capable of being pushed hard, but I tend to stay reasonably far away from redline), and I got a very respectable 29 MPG on my first longer trip. By contrast, my 2005 Audi S4, which I also loved, could barely register 20 MPG no matter what the driving conditions were.

Anyway, I wanted to share a photo to wrap up this thread, and I look forward to participating in the forum from now on. To all who are searching for the rare 6MT + Track Pack combo, keep the faith. It's worth it!
Congrats on finding your vehicle. Out of curiosity - does this car have the M-Sport pkg? Those wheels do not look like they are from an M-Sport vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 02:28 PM   #14
WolfWorks
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i X-Drive, EB, 6MT, Tr

Gentlemen and ladies... a beautiful find.

https://www.eastbaybmw.com/inventory...8b7g30hnt70916

I'm fortunate to already own one of these beauties in Estoril Blue on Black, but I would gladly take this one.

Good luck to whoever jumps on this deal!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 02:32 PM   #15
WolfWorks
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i X-Drive, EB, 6MT, Tr

In response to: ssedha

Those are 18" M-Sport 398's. Lighter and easier to make into a square set... think track days.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 12:42 PM   #16
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Uber / Lyft / CTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWorks View Post
In response to: ssedha

Those are 18" M-Sport 398's. Lighter and easier to make into a square set... think track days.
Cheers Enjoy your beautiful new ride!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 05:49 PM   #17
WALoeIII
Rep
Drives: Ford Expedition

Quote:
Hi all,

Tips or tricks? I'm looking for the same thing, preference for saddle brown interior.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2020, 05:50 PM   #18
WALoeIII
Rep
Drives: Ford Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWorks View Post
Gentlemen and ladies... a beautiful find.

https://www.eastbaybmw.com/inventory...8b7g30hnt70916

I'm fortunate to already own one of these beauties in Estoril Blue on Black, but I would gladly take this one.

Good luck to whoever jumps on this deal!
Beautiful car, unfortunately no navigation which means can't put CarPlay on it or I'd have bought it already!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2020, 10:12 AM   #19
rak4me
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WALoeIII View Post
Tips or tricks? I'm looking for the same thing, preference for saddle brown interior.
My advice is time and dosage, meaning be patient and stick with any frequent searches that you're doing. I haven't purchased a car in my home state (Wisconsin) since ... well ... a long time ago, mostly because I have always looked for manual transmission. Fortunately, I'm not too far from the northern suburbs of Chicago. That's where I found two of my last three cars. For the other one, my 2005 S4, I drove to Georgia to pick it up. Crazy, many would say. But most on this forum would understand.

I searched 12 online sites daily. The sites I used were Autolist, Autotempest, Autotrader, Carfax, Cargurus, Carmax, Cars.com, CarsDirect, Carvana, Edmunds, KBB, and Truecar. Use them often enough, and you'll get a feel for which ones are most likely to help you find your car -- that's especially true if you're looking for a rare combination. Some sites (Carmax, Carvana) seem to cater to those looking for a garden variety (automatic with not many packages) 340. The sites I found most fruitful are Carfax, Cars.com, and Edmunds. It seems that Cars.com in particular has a lot of private seller ads in comparison to other sites. I got mine from a private seller. That's sometimes handy in that you can usually get a full history from the seller, and also an idea of their character/personality -- which may help you gauge how they treated their car. (Did they maintain it responsibly? Did they beat on the car?)

Many of the sites allow you to include a keyword search. If you're set on finding one with the Track Handling Package, type "track" in the keyword search. Another quick way to skim through postings to find the Track Pack cars is to focus on the wheels. The gray 398 wheels almost always signify THP; same with the blue M Sport brake calipers.

Good luck in your search!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 11:10 PM   #20
Scotland Yard
Registered
Rep
Drives: Hyundai Santa Fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WALoeIII View Post
Beautiful car, unfortunately no navigation which means can't put CarPlay on it or I'd have bought it already!
If it's got everything else you are looking for except for Carplay, why not just add it from Bimmertech? I've been looking since December only for blue or gray exterior. Would love to have saddle and prefer no xdrive. There aren't many in Saddle but there is a 2018 with saddle at BMW of Bloomington that has been on for a while.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2020, 01:45 PM   #21
swampfox
Rep
Drives: 340xi 6MT

Linking my new posting here in case any of you are subscribed:

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1734192
Appreciate 0