F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > How to make N55 355i sound like a 340i with MPPSK?
proTUNING Freaks

11-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #45
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: f32 n55

Sorry to revive an old thread

I was driving home yesterday and I saw a debadged 335i in standstill traffic on the highway, as i got closer I noticed the tailights were actually the lci tail lights, then when they accelerated i instantly knew he had the mppsk tune/hardware on the car so now I figured it was actually a 340i. Current setup is in my signature

I really love the sound of the mppsk so judging from the above mentioned comments it seems I would need a different setup than the one I currently have, dont get me wrong I love the vrsf dp paired with the MPE and MHD tune sound but, the deep growl of the mppsk with the crackles sounds awesome. So maybe catback system would get me closer to that sound? (I know the crackles have to do with the tune, with mhd i get the burbles and occasional backfires). I live in CT so I was going to buy a fabspeed highflow DP for emissions this year anyways.

So I would need a catback system or axelback? Dont want drone and prefer a valved muffler like stock, would just a midpipe do the trick?