F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Cant locate replacement DRL/fog lights on '13 F30 M sport
Extreme Powerhouse

07-26-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
opendoor
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328ix M sport

Cant locate replacement DRL/fog lights on '13 F30 M sport

I just purchased a 2013 328i xdrive with the m sport package a month or so ago and I am beginning to make some exterior changes but I cannot find a replacement part for the lower DRL/fog light units. I cant even find a picture of them online anywhere and was hoping for some help. They do not even turn on so my first order of business was to figure out which fuse to check and see if they are even in working condition, but as you can see in the photos they are pretty beat up and I will be replacing them. The closest i can find is an e92 version on carid (https://www.carid.com/2013-bmw-3-ser...parentsubmodel[]=MODEL|328i+xDrive)

Are these even OEM? Any suggestions on replacements that look good but wont cost me too much? I am trying to keep the all place aesthetic so black housing are preferred.

I am also planning on swapping the halogen headlights for a halo DRL units as well as swapping a all black grill in, smoked or black side marker, and then finally the JB+ tuner....all while trying to plan a wedding.

Anyone know what these are?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 05:57 PM   #2
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Definitely not OEM. OEM are round. Interesting way of incorporating them in though, they're in the shape of the whiskers of the sport line cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
I just purchased a 2013 328i xdrive with the m sport package a month or so ago and I am beginning to make some exterior changes but I cannot find a replacement part for the lower DRL/fog light units. I cant even find a picture of them online anywhere and was hoping for some help. They do not even turn on so my first order of business was to figure out which fuse to check and see if they are even in working condition, but as you can see in the photos they are pretty beat up and I will be replacing them. The closest i can find is an e92 version on carid (https://www.carid.com/2013-bmw-3-ser...parentsubmodel[]=MODEL|328i+xDrive)

Are these even OEM? Any suggestions on replacements that look good but wont cost me too much? I am trying to keep the all place aesthetic so black housing are preferred.

I am also planning on swapping the halogen headlights for a halo DRL units as well as swapping a all black grill in, smoked or black side marker, and then finally the JB+ tuner....all while trying to plan a wedding.

Anyone know what these are?
Where u located?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 08:16 PM   #4
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
Where u located?
His profile states Michigan.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #5
opendoor
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328ix M sport

Update

So i was checking the fuses to see if that was why the fog lights were not working and noticed there is a Vinstar DRL control unit with a jankey wire wrapped around fuse 42. Honestly have no idea what is going on here.....HELP?!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 02:52 PM   #6
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

That's a half-assed attempt at tapping that fuse location. Whoever did it never watched this:

Appreciate 0