F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Depo rear lights up fog lights instead of reverse
Extreme Powerhouse

10-06-2019, 09:45 AM   #1
RedStiick
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i

Post Depo rear lights up fog lights instead of reverse

Hello,
I've just installed the DEPO LCI rear lights set. Everything works fine besides that when i get in reverse the fog lights light up instead of the reverse light.

I've checked the connections that I made a few times and everything seems to be alright.

In the past the rear fog lights didn't work, but I've seen that somebody tried to code them in bimmercode, but probably skipped a step and only the rear fog symbol would light up on the dashboard, but the lights wouldn't.

Is it a problem with manufacturer connections or somebody who has previously coded the car messed something up?

I also don't have an access to obd2 and bimmercode so I would like not to buy it untill necessary.

Maybe it's worth mentioning that the DEPO fog light's are in the same position on the car that the reverse lights on the Pre-lci were.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2019, 10:28 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStiick View Post
Maybe it's worth mentioning that the DEPO fog light's are in the same position on the car that the reverse lights on the Pre-lci were.
There's no such thing as coincidence. I'd switch the wires to the backups and fogs.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 07:24 PM   #3
omicarlo
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E92 2009 & F30 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
There's no such thing as coincidence. I'd switch the wires to the backups and fogs.
I have the same issue in NZ

anyone know how to fix it and if switching a wire which wire to switch where.

Thanks
Omi
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 08:49 PM   #4
DJSF3014
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStiick View Post
Hello,
I've just installed the DEPO LCI rear lights set. Everything works fine besides that when i get in reverse the fog lights light up instead of the reverse light.

I've checked the connections that I made a few times and everything seems to be alright.

In the past the rear fog lights didn't work, but I've seen that somebody tried to code them in bimmercode, but probably skipped a step and only the rear fog symbol would light up on the dashboard, but the lights wouldn't.

Is it a problem with manufacturer connections or somebody who has previously coded the car messed something up?

I also don't have an access to obd2 and bimmercode so I would like not to buy it untill necessary.

Try looking at your connectors I had this happen and the red light would come on instead of the reverse light. It was a simple switch of the sides of the connectors one should say l and one should have an r on it if they are on the correct side should be good.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 09:03 PM   #5
rcaso26
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive

This happened to me. Switch the wiring harnesses and the problem will be fixed. Move the harness from the left to the right and the harness from the right to the left.
Appreciate 0