F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > What have you been pulled over for in NYC?
GetBMWParts

06-06-2019, 12:13 PM   #23
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

you go and complain about cops and they will just continue to impede your day. nuff said. as for the congested light.. instead of dealing with whether a u-turn is legal or not.. why not just wait the extra couple minutes to turn left..

p.s.s.s.s.s.s.s dont care what ethnicity you are. it is irrelevant.
      06-06-2019, 12:38 PM   #24
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
you go and complain about cops and they will just continue to impede your day. nuff said....
Of course it depends on who you complain to. To yous all, not so much. But I just had a nice conversation with a candidate for civil court judge, and she agreed with me: "NYC cops can be a bit thuggish...."
My wife & I vote in every primary, etc, and I make sure the candidates understand this.

Murf
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 01:28 PM   #25
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
you go and complain about cops and they will just continue to impede your day. nuff said. as for the congested light.. instead of dealing with whether a u-turn is legal or not.. why not just wait the extra couple minutes to turn left..

p.s.s.s.s.s.s.s dont care what ethnicity you are. it is irrelevant.
I was responding to someone else remark

Can you please explain to me why I must wait at a light when I know a legal alternative?

P.s. I still do the u-turn and will continue until it actually becomes illegal due to a sign or double yellow line.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 11:25 PM   #26
ihateredlight
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i xDrive M-Sport

1. Talking on the cell phone in Washington Heights (Was in the car using the Bluetooth friend couldn't hear me so I quickly switched over to the phone cops pulled me over)

2. Tint issues in Harlem friends F30 I was in with temp tags from maryland was pulled over for illegal tint. Cops let us go.

3. The one that takes the cake!! I was pulled over and given a ticket by a NYC bridge supervisor. Came through (originally from Florida where we have Sunpass not EZPASS) and all lanes had gates (you couldn't drive through like some of the updated bridge crossings in NYC). Tried to pay for the toll but the toll individuals DO NOT ACCEPT DEBIT OR CREDIT CARDS. HOW DO YOU NOT ACCEPT DEBIT OR CREDIT CARDS IN THE YEAR OF 2019 IS BEYOND ME.

So I informed the lady I do not have $4.75 or whatever they were asking for in cash I have it on my card. Lady informs me "I have to inform my supervisor and write down your tag" I'm like ok whatever so she does that her supervisor comes out and runs my tag and says "you have a toll crossing violation out of Florida you're habitual I'm giving you a ticket" ok....... then she asked me for my registration and said my registration wasn't updated for Florida I said "it's not updated because I just moved up here two days ago and I'm getting new tags" she said it didn't mattered and she gave me a ticket at a DAMN TOLL BOOTH for expired registration from ANOTHER STATE!!!!

In NJ recently I got pulled over in Elmwood Park for cell phone use, and no inspection stickers. I have PA inspection stickers on the car cause I bought the car in PA.

Funny thing about the cell phone ticket cop forgot to write my drivers license name and address on the ticket the whole top of the ticket is blank then he put my tag number "BMW" and make of car "my tag number" take a look below....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 02:09 PM   #27
xtremedzine
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328xi

shady

Dropped someone off once in a no standing zone so fast the cop could only take my plate. Didn't know I had a ticket until a notice came with a late fee.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 06:42 AM   #28
E90joee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xdrive

Have gotten pulled over for exhaust too loud, had muffler delete but didn't get a ticket just a warning
Appreciate 0