F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > "Schnitzeritus"....is it a thing?
proTUNING Freaks

08-24-2015, 01:40 PM   #1
Bricktrix
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback

"Schnitzeritus"....is it a thing?

Cos I think I caught it in the 90's and never managed to shake it off.

Placed my order with them today, including my final choice of NON RFTs MPSS staggereds.

Its pretty much the rule around here to get ACS springs I know, but I'm also aware that the wheels get a pretty mixed bag of reactions from people loving them to hating them claiming they are dated designs, etc.
Its obvious where I stand on this as I've just ordered a set of 19" type 8's in bi colour that I think suit the 4GC tremendously well, especially when done with the ACS springs....also had a full set of auto pedals and footrest.

Now starting to get excited to the possible fitment date in roughly 2 weeks time (still waiting to be confirmed) and this is probably the start of a slippery slope to a full ACS car.

I'm aware with any diamond cut face wheel, that the laquer has difficulties in adhereing well, so will end up going milky and looking generally worse for wear after a period of time and weather / road conditions.
So I'm expecting to have to get the wheels re-done in a few years, when I will probably loose the diamond cut face and have it anthracite in stead.

Question 1.
To try and prolong that duration, can anyone recommend a good wheel protection like G-tech, etc that can be done by a reputed place?
i.e. somewhere in the midlands that people have had personal experience with, or does everyone just protect their rims themselves? I'm just a bit concerend I may miss a bit / not do it 100% as it should be done so would rather a pro do it.

Question 2.
Can anyone provide any links to sites that show the performance graphs of a 2.8, just so I can see differences in relation to the ACS 20d upgrade as per this link shows http://preisliste.ac-schnitzer.de/ac...170&ID_NR=9719

I'm still really on the fence with this, but it would be good to draw some comparisons.
It is "my" next logical step if I decide to go there, not that anything is particularily "logical" with any of my choices at the moment

Any advice kindly appreciated.
I will get pics up when stuff is fitted.
Previous BMW's owned in last 30 years: E30 C2 2.3 Alpina, E30 325i (multiples), E30 M3, E36 M3 x2, last one owned for 9 years. 11 years out, got an F36 4GC then Merc AMG C43 Coupe. Now Audi RS5 Sportback.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 01:42 PM   #2
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Midlands car care seem to get a few good reviews.
      08-24-2015, 02:45 PM   #3
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

Schnitzeritus.......

Yes, its the German form of genital warts.

You need to see nursey.

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 02:54 PM   #4
snipnoob86
Major
Rep
Drives: 335D Saloon

gtech wheel armour, splash on a cloth and rub on wheel quite straight forwards, probably some of the best protection you can buy and v easy to apply. there are detailers in the midlands who use this stuff but i dont know of any personally. i kerbed one of my alloys last week after being sandwhiched inbetween 2 cars on a high kerb. totally gutted, other tham this they are like new still and 18months old. as for dated designs i disagree, anything common looks dated, and any oem spec wheel is common, that doesnt mean they dont look fantastic still!

enjoy your motor m8
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2015, 05:14 AM   #5
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Yes give Russ a call at Midland Car care

You want a wheels of Gtechniq protection.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #6
Bricktrix
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 Sportback

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Yes give Russ a call at Midland Car care

You want a wheels of Gtechniq protection.
Yep, I've seen many a good word said about this place, but its a royal pain for me to get to (that section of M6 is a nightmare with jams always)

So I'm starting to think maybe I should do them myself?
Trying to search for such stuff on here, what little I have found, as some have said within this post also, G-techniq (c5 presumably?)

But then I found this post of yours:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Had it from new, alloys from new have had Swissvax Autobahn on from new and regular cleans, not used any wheel cleaner on them in 8 years.
Keeping in mind my wheels will be brand new if I apply a protector, whats peoples thoughts on the best product, from personal experience, etc. Or are all these types much of a muchness when it comes to the higher end / pricier stuff?
Previous BMW's owned in last 30 years: E30 C2 2.3 Alpina, E30 325i (multiples), E30 M3, E36 M3 x2, last one owned for 9 years. 11 years out, got an F36 4GC then Merc AMG C43 Coupe. Now Audi RS5 Sportback.
Appreciate 0