F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 'Auto Finesse' detailing samples just arrived :)
ARMA SPEED

03-21-2014, 05:26 AM   #1
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E63 AMG Saloon :)

Smile 'Auto Finesse' detailing samples just arrived :)

Just received some detailing products by Auto Finesse!
Before I invest in a brand it's good to try out small samples first
Unfortunately two of the items were missing from my order but a quick phone call to AF and all appears to be sorted. They seemed genuinely gutted that my first order was incorrect. Let's hope their products speak for themselves.
Hopefully I'll get time to test them out later or at some point over the weekend.

I'm a very keen car washer but I'm new to 'Detailing' so I'm intrigued to see the results. Due to work/life commitments I'm striving to find the easiest / quickest products to apply but still get a good shine and protective coating.
I can report back my findings if people are interested to hear?...
The products come in nice packaging at least
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 06:03 AM   #2
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSKI View Post
Just received some detailing products by Auto Finesse!
Before I invest in a brand it's good to try out small samples first
Unfortunately two of the items were missing from my order but a quick phone call to AF and all appears to be sorted. They seemed genuinely gutted that my first order was incorrect. Let's hope their products speak for themselves.
Hopefully I'll get time to test them out later or at some point over the weekend.

I'm a very keen car washer but I'm new to 'Detailing' so I'm intrigued to see the results. Due to work/life commitments I'm striving to find the easiest / quickest products to apply but still get a good shine and protective coating.
I can report back my findings if people are interested to hear?...
The products come in nice packaging at least
Hopefully it's fine and sunny this weekend.

Looks nice set of samples.

I tend to do the same, getting in some panel pots and going to tryout different snow foam along with dodo juice iron x stuff.

Getting everything sorted for June lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 06:35 AM   #3
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP SS/SO

Yes would be interesting to hear, I'm also an OCD car washer but no idea about detailing as such.

I have recently tried out "claying" and have been very impressed, I had a bad feeling it would scratch or swirl the paintwork but so far no sign of any problems, the clay itself easily removes blemishes and all those little black dots around the wheel arches and back of car (easy to spot on AW!), don't need any elbow grease you simple spray with detailer and manoeuvre the clay compound over the surface and all the crap just comes off. Finish with plenty of Mcquires Ultimate silicone wax and it stays clean and blemish free for weeks.

This weekend I plan on adding more Poor Boys alloy protector, looks like no rain for us so far anyway, car has already been washed in preparation!
Older - E46 330i | Silver | AC Schnitzer, E36 328i Coupe | White
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 06:47 AM   #4
Southern Jay
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i MSport GC

Definitely interested in hearing more mate, I have just bought a load of McGuire's products and am planning to wash mine for the first time over the weekend.

My experience in the past for washing cars has been a mix of bucket and sponge when i can be bothered but more usually letting the local Polish give it a once over. saying that my previous cars have been company cars.
Current mods: Mperformance rear spoiler, diffuser, side vinyls and front grille, non OEM carbon mirror caps, Remus cat back exhaust, Eibach springs, TPI spacers 15mm rear and 12mm front, Maxton side blades and v2 front splitter, Pipercross direct replacement air filter, Remus Powerizer.

Current:
F36 440i M Sport GC STORMTROOPER

Previous:
F30 320d M Sport Xdrive STORMTROOPER
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 07:22 AM   #5
Torquein
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4springer
Yes would be interesting to hear, I'm also an OCD car washer but no idea about detailing as such.

I have recently tried out "claying" and have been very impressed, I had a bad feeling it would scratch or swirl the paintwork but so far no sign of any problems, the clay itself easily removes blemishes and all those little black dots around the wheel arches and back of car (easy to spot on AW!), don't need any elbow grease you simple spray with detailer and manoeuvre the clay compound over the surface and all the crap just comes off. Finish with plenty of Mcquires Ultimate silicone wax and it stays clean and blemish free for weeks.

This weekend I plan on adding more Poor Boys alloy protector, looks like no rain for us so far anyway, car has already been washed in preparation!
I'd save your money on the detailer spray. Lots of Fresh clean ph neutral car shampoo in water as lube, works a treat for me, also means you never under do the lube so no sticking of the clay
      03-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #6
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM7789 View Post
I'd save your money on the detailer spray. Lots of Fresh clean ph neutral car shampoo in water as lube, works a treat for me, also means you never under do the lube so no sticking of the clay
I've heard of this trick too. It would save quite a few quid over several washes.
I won't be claying mine yet as it was only done at the end of December.
I intend to wash, de-bug, polish and seal. The car already shines up well but I'm really keen to try out some new products...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 08:04 AM   #7
Chunkv6
Private
Rep
Drives: Range Rover Evoque

+1 for the Auto Finesse range of products BMWski let me know what you think of them I certainly can't fault them!!

They make up the bulk of my detailing bag with a few items from other brands.

I would also order the interior spritz cleaner, great for plastics/dash etc leaves a matt finish and smells really nice. Also the total interior cleaner is great for carpets and leather cleaner (the water based cleaner not the cream) is also good.

Although the glass cleaner is good I prefer scholl concepts gel cleaner as it seems to work better and is easier to apply. I'm planning to try AF iron remover as I've ran out of my tried and tested ironx so may aswell give it a chance aswell.

Happy cleaning!!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #8
Torquein
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSKI
Quote:
I've heard of this trick too. It would save quite a few quid over several washes.
I intend to wash, de-bug, polish and seal. The car already shines up well but I'm really keen to try out some new products...
It works great i stopped using detailer a long time ago for clay, just don't overdo the shampoo and don't use wash n wax, a good shampoo in tepid water is what you need, lash on the mix with a mit and squeeze it so it soaks the panel then clay, add more as it drips off. Rinse the panels as you go though or it dries on nasty! Detailer is a rip off for claying, I only use it for a quick shine in the weeks/months between waxing. Can't wait to give my new car it's first detail when it arrives
      03-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #9
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
It works great i stopped using detailer a long time ago for clay, just don't overdo the shampoo and don't use wash n wax, a good shampoo in tepid water is what you need, lash on the mix with a mit and squeeze it so it soaks the panel then clay, add more as it drips off. Rinse the panels as you go though or it dries on nasty! Detailer is a rip off for claying, I only use it for a quick shine in the weeks/months between waxing. Can't wait to give my new car it's first detail when it arrives
Sounds good, I got the detailer with the clay kit (Meguiars) but I'll go for your method once it runs out. Wierdly I just had a conversation with my mother and found out she has been using bluetack on her car to remove deposits! She hadn't heard of claying but says she's used bluetack for years, maybe she's on to something!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 08:20 AM   #10
Rich9600
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

@BMWSKI

Welcome to the land of shiny shiny. Let us all know how you get on, with plenty of pictures.

If anybody is claying a car just don't dry it first. Keeping it wet massively reduces the amount of lube needed. Rinse off each panel once done and you'll have less post-clay buffing to do. Clay does wonders for glass also.
      03-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #11
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSKI View Post
I've noticed the bugs starting to appear on the front of my car, almost forgot how much of a pain they are to remove.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 08:23 AM   #12
Torquein
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4springer
Quote:
Sounds good, I got the detailer with the clay kit (Meguiars) but I'll go for your method once it runs out. Wierdly I just had a conversation with my mother and found out she has been using bluetack on her car to remove deposits! She hadn't heard of claying but says she's used bluetack for years, maybe she's on to something!
Yes I've heard of that but it's just not quite as tacky or firm as clay, cheaper though! I'd stick to the clay you could have a tough clean up to get blue tack residue off the panels. Resourceful mum though!!
      03-21-2014, 08:31 AM   #13
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich9600 View Post
@BMWSKI

Welcome to the land of shiny shiny. Let us all know how you get on, with plenty of pictures.

If anybody is claying a car just don't dry it first. Keeping it wet massively reduces the amount of lube needed. Rinse off each panel once done and you'll have less post-clay buffing to do. Clay does wonders for glass also.
Thanks for the advice ...it will be quite a while before I get as good as you though!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #14
dubdemand
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Individual

Also a big fan of AF stuff. Just bought their iron and tar removers and I'm pleased to report they're really very good! Its amazing how much iron contamination came out the paint!

Another product worthy of a mention is a sealant - C2v3 from G techniq. Really easy to apply and provides a durable hydrophobic coating - which, they claim lasts for 9 months!

03-21-2014, 08:35 AM   #15
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubdemand View Post
Also a big fan of AF stuff. Just bought their iron and tar removers and I'm pleased to report they're really very good! Its amazing how much iron contamination came out the paint!

Another product worthy of a mention is a sealant - C2v3 from G techniq. Really easy to apply and provides a durable hydrophobic coating - which, they claim lasts for 9 months!

Is that acrylic based like the AF Tough Coat?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 08:46 AM   #16
dubdemand
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Individual

Um... Not sure, learnt about it from a mate that details for a living and read a load of positive reviews online. All I can say is that our cars all have a coat and its great. Water sheets off the panels and I've also found they stay cleaner for longer between washes.

Here's a link to the product page
http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars...iquid-crystal/
      03-21-2014, 08:51 AM   #17
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubdemand View Post
Um... Not sure, learnt about it from a mate that details for a living and read a load of positive reviews online. All I can say is that our cars all have a coat and its great. Water sheets off the panels and I've also found they stay cleaner for longer between washes.

Here's a link to the product page
http://gtechniq.com/shop/3s-for-cars...iquid-crystal/
Great thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #18
boom77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 335d gone, now M135i

AF is good stuff.
Am picking up my car on Tuesday, and with any luck it will get a day over the weekend.
Wash, Iron X, clay, AF Tough Prep, 1x coat of AF Power Seal, 1-2 coats of AF Tough Coat.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 05:31 AM   #19
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

free samples arrived today...

Well the weather was rubbish over the weekend so I couldn't test out my new products Hopefully I'll get the chance soon.
On the plus side though I just received my missing applicator pads along with a load of free samples to say sorry...Thanks AF!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #20
addo402
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d MSport

Have you had the car detailed professionally before? If so who did you use? As I see you are in Bucks like me.

I'm in two minds to get mine done as a new car treatment or do it myself as a geeky cleaner but also like you but struggle to find time.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #21
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by addo402 View Post
Have you had the car detailed professionally before? If so who did you use? As I see you are in Bucks like me.

I'm in two minds to get mine done as a new car treatment or do it myself as a geeky cleaner but also like you but struggle to find time.
Yeah, had it detailed before collection. It looked great and gave me peace of mind that someone had checked over every square inch of the car before collection.
I just want to have a go myself with various products but would like to stick to the same manufacturer if I can. In most part anyway.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #22
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I used Refined Details. Think he's based in Aylesbury but I got him to carryout the work at Sytner in High Wycombe.
Appreciate 0