F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Easy Entry code
ARMA SPEED

11-09-2015, 10:53 AM   #1
Raytec85
Private
Rep
Drives: F34

Easy Entry code

Hello Everyone,

I coded the ‘Easy Entry’ (Will stop moving forward if gear is engaged), but i didn't see any different, until last night i am not sure how it work but once i stop the car then the seat move back . This only happen once only. I am wondering, any specific step i need to follow to make it happen ??
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #2
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
I believe you need to adjust the code that sets how far back it moves.

Check this thread:
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1133203
      11-13-2015, 09:11 PM   #3
TFX_N20
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
Works great for me! I LOVE this new feature!!! I'm always bumpin' into the freaking steering wheel on the way in and out - no more!!!

2014 F30 328i m-sport (production date: 08/19/2013) - for me, I just changed these 3:

FDL Coding:
SM2 -> 3000 SM_GLOBAL -> EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE = Modus_FA_SLV
SM2 -> 3012 EAH -> EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS = Werte=00, 28
SM2-> 3012 EAH -> EAH_SCHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS = Werte=00, 3C

Note: this last value (EAH_SCHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS) could unintentionally disable this feature if your seat encroaches within this many mm from the rear end of the rail. Some suspect this is a safety thing to protect the knees of your passenger in the rear seat. By default this value is 0x64 (100mm). If this feature doesn't work, change this value to something smaller like i did - e.g. 0x3c (60mm) - it allows your seat to go back further and still keep this cool feature

iDrive:
- under Settings ->Doors/lock: "Last seat position automatic" box is checked

New Behavior:
Turn off the engine and open the door: Seat automatically slides back a few inches, allowing easy exit
Turn on engine : Seat automatically slides forward a few inches, getting your seat into driver's position

I didn't mess with key FOBs or memory seat settings at all. Whatever i had just seemed to work as is. I didn't have to drive around the block, or leave the garage, or go to a car wash (lol ) or anything. As soon as the coding was done, all i had to do was turn off engine and open the door, or just turn on engine

Note: I don't have 'FRM' ECU on my car for the power-adjustment steering wheel either, so i can't code that on my F30. My steering wheel can't move like that Othewise, it would be nice for the steering wheel to also get outta the way when i'm getting into my car. I'm thinking that's only available for the 5-series and up??
I did exactly this and it worked for me

F30/320ISP/INJEN/AG/MPERF/ER/BORLA/JB4///
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 12:36 AM   #4
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F36 428i GC, E36 M3 - gone :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFX_N20 View Post
I did exactly this and it worked for me
When the seat moves forward I understand it doesn't return to the memory seating position, at least that is what I inferred from reading that thread where you quoted that post from. Is that your experience?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 08:03 PM   #5
TFX_N20
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 320I

I have mine set on memory setting 1. When I turn off the car and open my door, my seat will slide back about 4 inches or so. When I get in and turn the car on, it'll move back to my memory 1 seating position.

F30/320ISP/INJEN/AG/MPERF/ER/BORLA/JB4///
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 08:31 PM   #6
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I have mine set on memory setting 1. When I turn off the car and open my door, my seat will slide back about 4 inches or so. When I get in and turn the car on, it'll move back to my memory 1 seating position.
Ok. Thank you. I will try this. Strange that some people say the seats don't move so the way back to the memory position.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #7
f30mvp
MVP
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 XDrive

Garage List
Easy Entry

From my experience the seat memory actually has nothing at all to do with easy entry. You must code how far you want the seat to go back (It will always go to the same place) as far as moving forward once you close the door it will move to your original position (before getting out the car) as long as it is not further then the programming allows. If you copy my settings from the link above you should be good to go.
      11-17-2015, 02:37 PM   #8
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep

f30mvp , sorry for being thick but can you please post your settings here? I just want to make absolutely certain I do exactly what you did.

2015 428i GC - Alpine White - Coral Red - M Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 10:47 PM   #9
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

Quote:
I take back what i said. I did more extensive testing... and i concur that it DOES go back to my memory seating setting I'm just getting old ...
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2015, 11:59 PM   #10
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I take back what i said. I did more extensive testing... and i concur that it DOES go back to my memory seating setting I'm just getting old ...
I am finally glad you came to your senses! I can now stop obsessing over this and code it!

Thank you!

Appreciate 1
      11-18-2015, 07:55 AM   #11
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

I was reading some of your concerns/questions in various postings over the last week and was thinking s*** I hope i'm not the cause of this aggravation plus a whole bunch of people read these comments, and it propagates FUD. I thought, damn, I need to put this bullsh** to bed.

sorry man, my bad...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 08:25 AM   #12
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I was reading some of your concerns/questions in various postings over the last week and was thinking s*** I hope i'm not the cause of this aggravation plus a whole bunch of people read these comments, and it propagates FUD. I thought, damn, I need to put this bullsh** to bed.

sorry man, my bad...
All good bro! You are my modding hero so all is forgiven.

Appreciate 1
      11-18-2015, 09:11 AM   #13
f30mvp
MVP
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
f30mvp , sorry for being thick but can you please post your settings here? I just want to make absolutely certain I do exactly what you did.
These are the settings I use. BTW I am about 6 feet tall.
SM2>3012 EAH_SHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS
Changed from 00, 65 to 00,3C (letting it move back much further)
I also adjusted the below code for the front clearance
SM2>3012 EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS
Changed from 00, 3C to 00, 28.
Now it seems to work all the time as i want. The values I changed are hex and can be anything that suits the driver.

Also squidlyboy . I still don't think it has anything to do with seat memory. It just last seat position.
To test my theory I adjust my seat between position 1 and 2. Then get out of car (seat goes back) get back in the car (seat goes forward)
Both Memory settings will move the seat as last position was between the two.
      11-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #14
tboooe
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30mvp View Post
These are the settings I use. BTW I am about 6 feet tall.
SM2>3012 EAH_SHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS
Changed from 00, 65 to 00,3C (letting it move back much further)
I also adjusted the below code for the front clearance
SM2>3012 EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS
Changed from 00, 3C to 00, 28.
Now it seems to work all the time as i want. The values I changed are hex and can be anything that suits the driver.

Also squidlyboy . I still don't think it has anything to do with seat memory. It just last seat position.
To test my theory I adjust my seat between position 1 and 2. Then get out of car (seat goes back) get back in the car (seat goes forward)
Both Memory settings will move the seat as last position was between the two.
Thank you!! I am far from 6FT so these should work just fine for me I think!

To be clear on what you wrote about the seat movements, when you get back in the seat moves to the last position which in this case is between Memory position 1 and 2 that you manually adjusted?

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 09:28 AM   #15
f30mvp
MVP
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboooe View Post
Thank you!! I am far from 6FT so these should work just fine for me I think!

To be clear on what you wrote about the seat movements, when you get back in the seat moves to the last position which in this case is between Memory position 1 and 2 that you manually adjusted?
Correct! Kinda tired so my sentences might not make sense.
      11-18-2015, 09:37 AM   #16
f30mvp
MVP
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f30mvp View Post
Correct! Kinda tired so my sentences might not make sense.
Oh yeah. Another important thing to know is the way the distance is measured.

To determine how far back it should go the distance is represents how much track is left. Ex. original setting was 65 (in hex) which equals 60 (in decimal)
I changed it to 28 (hex) which equals 40 (dec) allowing it to go back 20 (what ever unit of measurement they use).

It was confusing to me at first so I wanted to clarify it for anyone else.
Good luck.
      10-27-2018, 08:01 PM   #17
tinha_net
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 320i

I have just got my car back from the dealership and they have updated the software which wiped out all my previous coding to default. I am trying to redo the coding for the easy entry with the driver seat automatically shift back and forth when I am driving/exiting the vehicle.

These used to work before the software update from the dealership:

However they don't exist anymore after I got the car back and this is the only available function under 3012 EAH (please see attached screenshot):

SM2 -> 3012 EAH -> EAH_0_42_255

Does anyone have similar issues and know how to get the easy entry feature back?

Thanks and much appreciated for your help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 09:26 PM   #18
shwrb
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 530i M Sport

Garage List
2017 530i  [0.00]
Sorry to bring this post alive again..
Recently got myself another f30, previous one had manual seats.
New one has memory seats, under Settings ->Doors/lock: "Last seat position automatic" box is checked. I assumed it'll move my seat back/fourth but doesnt do anything.
My seats not that far back either. Would i still need to code this in order to get this functionality working?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #19
luckstr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White BMW440i Hardtop Converti

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinha_net View Post
I have just got my car back from the dealership and they have updated the software which wiped out all my previous coding to default. I am trying to redo the coding for the easy entry with the driver seat automatically shift back and forth when I am driving/exiting the vehicle.

However they don't exist anymore after I got the car back and this is the only available function under 3012 EAH (please see attached screenshot):

Does anyone have similar issues and know how to get the easy entry feature back?

YES. Same thing!
MY 2017 440i Convertible (F33). Had the lens/ instrument cluster replaced under warranty two weeks ago (4/19) and this required BMW to re-program, which eliminated prior coding. Had Steve@CodeMyBimmer re-do his original coding & asked to code Easy Entry/Exit. He could not do so because the updated software did not contain those lines of code.
My workaround is to set my (not wife's) memory2 to be seat in most rear position and when I am feeling stiff (getting old here), I use this approach. Not as straightforward as having it coded but there is nothing else I can do.
Sure did like this feature in my C5 Corvette, where dear moved back & stewing wheel moved in.
Luckstr
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #20
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwrb View Post
Sorry to bring this post alive again..
Recently got myself another f30, previous one had manual seats.
New one has memory seats, under Settings ->Doors/lock: "Last seat position automatic" box is checked. I assumed it'll move my seat back/fourth but doesnt do anything.
My seats not that far back either. Would i still need to code this in order to get this functionality working?

Thanks
Simple answer is yes. There should already be plenty of info posted to help with the coding.

Some advice based on my experience with a 2014 330d M Sport.
When you get it working save your Profile onto a memory stick. I have found it's too easy to lose the feature, by messing about opening, closing, locking & unlocking. When starting the car, putting it into gear before the seat has finished moving also loses the feature. If you have a saved profile you can quickly go into settings and reload it, which should restore the feature. I have all my music permanently on a USB stick under the armrest and the profile is always available.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2019, 10:15 PM   #21
luckstr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White BMW440i Hardtop Converti

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckstr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinha_net View Post

YES. Same thing!
MY 2017 440i Convertible (F33). Had the lens/ instrument cluster replaced under warranty two weeks ago (4/19) and this required BMW to re-program, which eliminated prior coding. Had Steve@CodeMyBimmer re-do his original coding & asked to code Easy Entry/Exit. He could not do so because the updated software did not contain those lines of code.
My workaround is to set my (not wife's) memory2 to be seat in most rear position and when I am feeling stiff (getting old here), I use this approach. Not as straightforward as having it coded but there is nothing else I can do.
Sure did like this feature in my C5 Corvette, where dear moved back & stewing wheel moved in.
Luckstr
One more thing. Actually, the Easy Entry/Exit capability is still there, just can't to it automatically., I.e., can't code it. The button on side of seat, upper, will move seat all the way forward or all the way back.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 02:24 AM   #22
smoothj
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sports Line

Just bought a 2013 335i sport line. I don't see the 3012 option in bimmercode. Does this mean my cars ecu was updated and with that, I'm out of luck?
Appreciate 0