F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Curb Rash
GetBMWParts

07-16-2018, 11:28 AM   #23
cmplaya
Captain
Rep
Drives: B58

curb her LV bag...it's just a fuqn bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swappy View Post
This is so true, we sometimes forget how passionate we are about our cars, and to most people, it is weird lol.

My gf knows I love my car , but she still could not understand why I was super sad when the curb rash happened, and I got the inevitable "it's just a car" tagline. Majority of people couldn't care less about such trivial things, which for us are a matter of huge concern.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      07-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #24
Animal Farm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30/Volvo XC90II T6

All cosmetic...

Take it to a REPUTABLE shop and have them repair it. Some BMW dealerships can do it in-house; it usually cost $100-$150.

It sucks; however, these things happen. I am sure she feels horrible, don't make a big deal about it.

It could be worse... My wife damaged one wheel and two tires at once.

.................................................. ..................................................

"it's just a car" - This casual response would irritate me though.

Last edited by Animal Farm; 07-16-2018 at 12:18 PM.. Reason: Addition
Appreciate 1
Swappy531.50
      07-16-2018, 02:41 PM   #25
Swappy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18 340i LSB/ 21 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdegene View Post
If "it's just a car", then she can pay for the new wheel or repair...

Non-apology apologies piss me off.
Yeah well, I would rather now leave this topic with her, she won't drive it anymore and I am happier .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmplaya View Post
curb her LV bag...it's just a fuqn bag

Quote:
This is so true, we sometimes forget how passionate we are about our cars, and to most people, it is weird lol.

My gf knows I love my car , but she still could not understand why I was super sad when the curb rash happened, and I got the inevitable "it's just a car" tagline. Majority of people couldn't care less about such trivial things, which for us are a matter of huge concern.
Haha that's a good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Farm View Post
All cosmetic...

Take it to a REPUTABLE shop and have them repair it. Some BMW dealerships can do it in-house; it usually cost $100-$150.

It sucks; however, these things happen. I am sure she feels horrible, don't make a big deal about it.

It could be worse... My wife damaged one wheel and two tires at once.

.................................................. ..................................................

"it's just a car" - This casual response would irritate me though.
She felt bad initially then she was pissed at how sad I was. Whatever, I would rather just leave this topic at home and preserve peace.

Getting it repaired this week, got a quote for $150.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 02:54 PM   #26
VCuomo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Sportline

Damn man, your car looks totalled to me. At a minimum I'd say that these BMWs are so delicate that you've probably destroyed your whole suspension. Time to get the insurance company involved.

Appreciate 1
rayxi40.00
      07-16-2018, 04:19 PM   #27
Cyanfall
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 f32 440i coupe

Garage List
Due to the design for the entrance of the underground parking of my condo, my car has scratches all over the rim. Never bothered with it, Just cosmetic.
Appreciate 1
Swappy531.50
      07-16-2018, 04:34 PM   #28
Swappy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCuomo View Post
Damn man, your car looks totalled to me. At a minimum I'd say that these BMWs are so delicate that you've probably destroyed your whole suspension. Time to get the insurance company involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanfall View Post
Due to the design for the entrance of the underground parking of my condo, my car has scratches all over the rim. Never bothered with it, Just cosmetic.
I had an appointment to have it fixed this week, but they want the car for 3 days , which I can't do.

So I cancelled and called my dealership sa, he said they will have it fixed for $50 more and also will give me a loaner in the meanwhile. So it's going in August to have it fixed now.

I was thinking it leaving as is, but it will keep bothering me lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 05:35 PM   #29
Cyanfall
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 f32 440i coupe

Garage List
Quote:

I had an appointment to have it fixed this week, but they want the car for 3 days , which I can't do.

So I cancelled and called my dealership sa, he said they will have it fixed for $50 more and also will give me a loaner in the meanwhile. So it's going in August to have it fixed now.

I was thinking it leaving as is, but it will keep bothering me lol.
It bothered me in the beginning. But soon after it happened again and again, I stopped being bothered and became careless. Human ability of adaptation.
Appreciate 1
Swappy531.50
      07-16-2018, 06:09 PM   #30
CalCarNut
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F36 Jet Black Sport Line

Garage List
My wife curbed mine a week into ownership. I had it fixed right away. Took about an hour and cost me $120 out here in L.A. You can't tell. He didn't clear coat it as mine are 397s. He said if it dulls a little over time, just hit it with some mothers polish. 3+ yrs later, you still can't tell unless you pull out a magnifying glass.

Guy didn't even take the wheel off the car; just lifted it up so he could spin it around.
      07-16-2018, 06:19 PM   #31
NormanConquest
That Libertarian Guy
Rep
Drives: 340i

Putin clean his ass with those reporter quite remarkable display showing how they are operating like the KGB and not like a proper democracy via trail and innocent until proven guilty
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 09:03 PM   #32
435MSport6Speed
Captain
Rep
Drives: 435i M Sport 6 Speed

Some mobile wheel repair guys have infrared drying equipment to cure paint.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 09:56 PM   #33
Swappy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanfall View Post
It bothered me in the beginning. But soon after it happened again and again, I stopped being bothered and became careless. Human ability of adaptation.
Honestly I might just leave it as it is, but my car is out of alignment now. Such a headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCarNut View Post
My wife curbed mine a week into ownership. I had it fixed right away. Took about an hour and cost me $120 out here in L.A. You can't tell. He didn't clear coat it as mine are 397s. He said if it dulls a little over time, just hit it with some mothers polish. 3+ yrs later, you still can't tell unless you pull out a magnifying glass.

Guy didn't even take the wheel off the car; just lifted it up so he could spin it around.
And here the shops I contacted want the wheel for atleast 3 days, upto a week .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Putin clean his ass with those reporter quite remarkable display showing how they are operating like the KGB and not like a proper democracy via trail and innocent until proven guilty
eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435MSport6Speed View Post
Some mobile wheel repair guys have infrared drying equipment to cure paint.
Never heard of that before, won't be here in Winnipeg for sure.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 09:57 PM   #34
Swappy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Depending on how hard she hit it, you might need an alignment.
How right you were, car is pulling to the right, and my steering is not centered when am going staight now, need an alignment, going to BMW on thursday.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4486.00
      07-16-2018, 10:15 PM   #35
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
How right you were, car is pulling to the right, and my steering is not centered when am going staight now, need an alignment, going to BMW on thursday.
Yep....and for all the naysayers, once again...

Then again, don’t ask me how I know this
Appreciate 1
Swappy531.50
      07-16-2018, 10:21 PM   #36
Swappy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yep....and for all the naysayers, once again...

Then again, don’t ask me how I know this
Hopefully it's just an alignment and not suspension or anything, now I am really worried. Did not think such a minor curb rash will cause issues.

EDIT : Did you had to go through alignment issues for a curb rash or anything ?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 10:25 PM   #37
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Hopefully it's just an alignment and not suspension or anything, now I am really worried. Did not think such a minor curb rash will cause issues.
Simple alignment.

BTW, spill paint or wine on several of her dresses, shoes or lose some of her jewelry.

Then when she goes nuclear, give her the same line.

On second thought, no one here should be telling you how to handle your relationship. If she doesn’t care about your property, it’s up to you to figure out if she’s worth it.

Remember, it’s not the one you think you can live with....it’s the one you cannot live without....despite of her flaws.

Quote:
EDIT : Did you had to go through alignment issues for a curb rash or anything ?
I told you not to ask

Let’s put it this way, sometimes tourist cannot drive worth a crap in a roundabout and you have 2 choices.....curb it in a defensive move or allow another car to wipe out the side of your car.
Appreciate 1
Swappy531.50
      07-16-2018, 10:33 PM   #38
Swappy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Simple alignment.

BTW, spill paint or wine on several of her dresses, shoes or lose some of her jewelry.

Then when she goes nuclear, give her the same line.

On second thought, no one here should be telling you how to handle your relationship. If she doesn’t care about your property, it’s up to you to figure out if she’s worth it.

Remember, it’s not the one you think you can live with....it’s the one you cannot live without....despite of her flaws.

I told you not to ask

Let’s put it this way, sometimes tourist cannot drive worth a crap in a roundabout and you have 2 choices.....curb it in a defensive move or allow a car wipe out the side of your car.
I would have spray painted her whole wardrobe but she apologized today and I could tell she felt really bad since especially since I was so worried about the alignment once I came home from work.

I appreciate everyone's responses here, it was all in good taste, I am only 25 and we are only dating for 3 months so I could use some advice and put it to work.

And your sentence made me curious so I had to ask ! I have read a lot of your posts in those "lease vs finance" threads which gave me great insight when I got this 340i in April.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4486.00