F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > M Performance exhaust install pics and video (lots of pics)
Extreme Powerhouse

12-29-2013, 03:31 AM   #89
GAV-F30
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328I M-SPORT

Eisenmann they are so sweet
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 01:52 AM   #90
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVE90 View Post
I must say they do look nice but $1400 just for sound is crazy Remus is about $900 I

had REMUS on my E90 sound was very nice but they don't give performance reading

other threads from states pay $600 and get a dump pipe that give's 100% performance

the way to go that's my opinion that's the way I'm going with BMS JB4 then maybe

Remus or Active Autowerke muffler f..k paying $1400 just because it's BMW
Had Remus on my last BMW. Nice, but I prefer the finish and style of the BMW Performance kit.

I'm also not interested in fart arsing around with DP's and piggybacks right now, more killer wasps wasn't what I was after by fitting an exhaust. The look and tone was what I wanted and I couldn't have been happier with the result.

Also helped I spent my money when the AUD:USD was not what it is today, so it didn't cost me $1400.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #91
GAV-F30
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
Had Remus on my last BMW. Nice, but I prefer the finish and style of the BMW Performance kit.

I'm also not interested in fart arsing around with DP's and piggybacks right now, more killer wasps wasn't what I was after by fitting an exhaust. The look and tone was what I wanted and I couldn't have been happier with the result.

Also helped I spent my money when the AUD:USD was not what it is today, so it didn't cost me $1400.
May I ask the best place from states to get the Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #92
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAVE90 View Post
May I ask the best place from states to get the Performance Exhaust

I bought it from Stu@BMR here in Australia. Read the first post.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 01:04 AM   #93
seamasters
seamasters
Australia
Rep
Drives: M5 F90 COMP , M4 Mineral White

very nice
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 09:06 PM   #94
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamasters View Post
very nice
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 03:40 AM   #95
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Just Installed the M Performance Exhaust

Video of Stock Exhaust & M Performance Exhaust comparison

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 04:57 AM   #96
Gardus
Private
Italy
Rep
Drives: Megane RS 250 Cup

Supersprint has just added a note to their centre pipe...it's perfectly compatible with the performance muffler, it'll get an even sportier sound:
http://www.supersprint.com/en/IT/pro...093E280BA.aspx
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #97
P8tor
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i - Glacier Silver

Sydney fitting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsabers View Post
Just Installed the M Performance Exhaust

Video of Stock Exhaust & M Performance Exhaust comparison

Hey KNIGHTSABERS
I'm also located in Sydney - Castle Hill area - do you have any suggestions as to who can fit this muffler? Like you and "dabaitu" I'm not fussed about the 'ordinary' sound of the stock muffler on my 328i Sport Line and after reading "dabitu's" posts and hearing yours and his, I can't resist (or wait) to get one from stuart@BMRAutowwerkes. I note there are a few exhaust 'places' about my area - I thought you or somebody else on the forum may have a preference or suggestion as to which if any are the best choice.
Regards.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #98
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8tor View Post
Hey KNIGHTSABERS
I'm also located in Sydney - Castle Hill area - do you have any suggestions as to who can fit this muffler? Like you and "dabaitu" I'm not fussed about the 'ordinary' sound of the stock muffler on my 328i Sport Line and after reading "dabitu's" posts and hearing yours and his, I can't resist (or wait) to get one from stuart@BMRAutowwerkes. I note there are a few exhaust 'places' about my area - I thought you or somebody else on the forum may have a preference or suggestion as to which if any are the best choice.
Regards.
Hi G8tor,

I would suggest getting it installed at BMRAutowerkes. Stu provides installs as well, the installation take roughly 1 hr.
FYI: BMRAutowerkes is located in Auburn, It takes 30 mins to drive there from Castle Hill.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 01:48 AM   #99
P8tor
Private
Australia
Rep

Thanks

Thanks...will follow up after long weekend - hopefully have the install ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #100
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey KNIGHTSABERS
Regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsabers View Post
Hi G8tor,

I would suggest getting it installed at BMRAutowerkes. Stu provides installs as well, the installation take roughly 1 hr.
FYI: BMRAutowerkes is located in Auburn, It takes 30 mins to drive there from Castle Hill.
^this.

Glad you liked the videos and thread
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 04:08 AM   #101
GAV-F30
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Watching the video I see that I look's the same size as the stock muffler is there any weight saving.

what's the price on these muffler's
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 11:11 PM   #102
P8tor
Private
Australia
Rep

ordered

Been on the phone with Stu and ordered my "noise" - hopefully be here soon.
Thanks guys for a very informative thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 02:12 AM   #103
GAV-F30
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I rang them last week got a price of $1495 fuck me why just because it's BMW, Called Remus Australia in Melb today $880 including del to Syd been making Performance muffler's for bikes and cars for years will order on Tuesday Anyway I like Remus they are true performance muffler's
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 03:31 AM   #104
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAV-F30 View Post
I rang them last week got a price of $1495 fuck me why just because it's BMW, Called Remus Australia in Melb today $880 including del to Syd been making Performance muffler's for bikes and cars for years will order on Tuesday Anyway I like Remus they are true performance muffler's
Excellent, be sure to start your own thread and post up a video once it's done for others to have a listen.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 04:09 AM   #105
Nuj23
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i M Sports

Definetely getting one for my ride? Any feedback on the interior sound coming from the exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 04:59 AM   #106
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuj23 View Post
Definetely getting one for my ride? Any feedback on the interior sound coming from the exhaust?
Doesn't drone and sounds sportier than stock without needing to have artificial sound pushed through the speakers Not trying to be glib here, but that pretty much sums it up.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 06:50 PM   #107
P8tor
Private
Australia
Rep

Smile Fitted - great sound

Like 'DABAITU" - many thanks to Stu@BMRAutowerkes . Had the M Performance muffler supplied and fitted yesterday by Stu. Very friendly and professional. The muffler is every bit as good as 'DABAITU and KNIGHTSABERS" stated - I'm very happy. Cabin drone is a bit louder than stock but what would you expect? Its a louder muffler! That being said - the drone is not a problem and is definitely not intrusive. I notice it more when motoring around at 50 - 60Kmh - but "comes on" sensationally when revs get up. One thing I have noticed that is different from the stock muffler - when under hard acceleration in 'SPORT" mode, there is a distinct sound when gears change up. Its almost like that weird unloading valve noise that some have fitted to Subaru's etc. It sounds like the muffler is about to spew its innards out - not sure what the noise is or why it happens - maybe one of you more learned Forum followers can enlighten me. Very happy with the 'noise' - once again another great thead.
ps: didn't post pics or vids as DABAITU and KNIGHTSABERS have covered that way better than I could. Anyone interested in a almost (5000 k's) new standard muffler cheap?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 03:31 AM   #108
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Like 'DABAITU" - many thanks to Stu@BMRAutowerkes . Had the M Performance muffler supplied and fitted yesterday by Stu. Very friendly and professional. The muffler is every bit as good as 'DABAITU and KNIGHTSABERS" stated - I'm very happy. Cabin drone is a bit louder than stock but what would you expect? Its a louder muffler! That being said - the drone is not a problem and is definitely not intrusive. I notice it more when motoring around at 50 - 60Kmh - but "comes on" sensationally when revs get up. One thing I have noticed that is different from the stock muffler - when under hard acceleration in 'SPORT" mode, there is a distinct sound when gears change up. Its almost like that weird unloading valve noise that some have fitted to Subaru's etc. It sounds like the muffler is about to spew its innards out - not sure what the noise is or why it happens - maybe one of you more learned Forum followers can enlighten me. Very happy with the 'noise' - once again another great thead.
ps: didn't post pics or vids as DABAITU and KNIGHTSABERS have covered that way better than I could. Anyone interested in a almost (5000 k's) new standard muffler cheap?
I'd suggest you keep your stock muffler and refit it when/if you sell it. You've then got the choice to port it over to your new car (assuming it's a 328i or 428i) or sell it to someone who's keen on it. Mufflers don't generally suffer a lot of wear and tear unless someone backs it into something.

The noise you get when shifting up a gear is always nice to hear even after you've had it a while
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 10:51 AM   #109
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVictor View Post
How's this?
is there a way to tuck the exhaust up a bit? the gap between the bumper and the tips is quite large or the tips are quite small. not sure which it is. i like the sound but not sure i dig the fitment despite being oem.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2015, 04:43 PM   #110
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
is there a way to tuck the exhaust up a bit? the gap between the bumper and the tips is quite large or the tips are quite small. not sure which it is. i like the sound but not sure i dig the fitment despite being oem.
I used different exhaust hangers to get an ideal fit.
Appreciate 0