F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Finally ready to pickup the car today, so why is this not an amazing day?
ARMA SPEED

10-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something else

Finally ready to pickup the car today, so why is this not an amazing day?

Because they fkin drilled in a front plate bracket on to the bumper when I told them time and time again I did not want it. Now i've been stressing this situation for the past 3 days. They had their body shop patch and blend the holes and I have no idea how it's going to look or if i'm going to end up with a car tonight at all.

If I accept this patch work at all I now need to get in writing that they will cover it. Other options are to try and get a bumper off another car, a new one sent from germany, or MAYBE if they want to give me a great deal on an m-sport bumper i'll tell them i'll do that too if they wanna turn a negative into a positive. I also want to get whatever route we take in writing AND take the car home with me tonight. I've waited long enough.

So pissed. Ruined a great experience.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

Why would you be upset. It's a bumper. It can be fixed or replaced.

At least they didn't drop it off the truck and try to hide any damages.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
E92Carrera
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire E92

I understand they did what you told them not too, but something that minor IMHO is not that much to get so upset over. I mean, you can barely notice the small holes, if anything they have hole covers they sell.

Be glad you have the car ready and enjoy it. I'm probably going to have to wait a month for a bumper to be fixed at VPC after my ED and I'm relying on family lending me their car to get around, may have to get a rental soon. At least you have your car, I'd enjoy it.

2011 E92 Space Gray - M-Sport - Euro Delivery

2008 E92 Black Sapphire - Black Interior - Aluminum Trim
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yes it can be fixed, and that's what they did. My CA IS going to great lengths to make us happy but frankly, it's a brand new 50 thousand dollar car. It should be perfect, not come with a cosmetic repair already under it's belt. My worry is really how good the repair will be. I don't know how good of a match is even possible with this type of work. If it's perfect then great, if you can see two covered up holes when standing in front of the car, thats bullshit. The other worry is we have waited long enough, so I just hope we can come to some agreement that lets us take the car tonight.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Carrera View Post
I understand they did what you told them not too, but something that minor IMHO is not that much to get so upset over. I mean, you can barely notice the small holes, if anything they have hole covers they sell.

Be glad you have the car ready and enjoy it. I'm probably going to have to wait a month for a bumper to be fixed at VPC after my ED and I'm relying on family lending me their car to get around, may have to get a rental soon. At least you have your car, I'd enjoy it.
I am trying to think as much like this as I can. I am thinking of all the bright sides, but even my wife is pissed haha And then my friend is like he would be throwing a fit and asking for a new bumper from Germany. haha I'm trying to stay positive.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
riimiX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe

sorry to hear about that red what do you plan on doing to display your front plate (since it's mandatory in NY)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So, the work they did was near flawless. I should just say flawless because so far I have not been able to notice one single sign that they did any patch work. I had the area under direct light and saw nothing but smooth alpine white, but we still want to take a look under natural sunlight. I must say though, very impressed. I really could not argue so we closed the deal and dipped with our new car.

As far as displaying the plate (when I get around to it ), i'm either gonna go tow hook mount, or the remote flip up plate. I'll probably go commando for a while. I've got some cops in my family so i've got the PBA cards and a mini tin in my wallet so I have a good fighting chance even after pulled over. I would pay hundreds a year to the state to not have to run the front plate if it was an option, so even if I pay for a ticket or 2 it's worth it to me.

BTW the car is friggin amazing. It's an absolute blast. I can't wait to be able to get on it and really see what she can do.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #8
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by riimiX View Post
sorry to hear about that red what do you plan on doing to display your front plate (since it's mandatory in NY)
You still planning to get your car this weekend?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #9
RockyTop
BMW rookie
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlinePSI View Post
So, the work they did was near flawless. I should just say flawless because so far I have not been able to notice one single sign that they did any patch work. I had the area under direct light and saw nothing but smooth alpine white, but we still want to take a look under natural sunlight. I must say though, very impressed. I really could not argue so we closed the deal and dipped with our new car.

As far as displaying the plate (when I get around to it ), i'm either gonna go tow hook mount, or the remote flip up plate. I'll probably go commando for a while. I've got some cops in my family so i've got the PBA cards and a mini tin in my wallet so I have a good fighting chance even after pulled over. I would pay hundreds a year to the state to not have to run the front plate if it was an option, so even if I pay for a ticket or 2 it's worth it to me.

BTW the car is friggin amazing. It's an absolute blast. I can't wait to be able to get on it and really see what she can do.
Sounds like you are happy now...and I don't mean to put doubt in your mind, but I have intimate experience with this. I bought an infiniti g35 in 2008. They had to find it from another lot and when I showed up to get my car, they had mounted the lp bracket on the front bumper as well. I was not happy, they fixed it like they did yours but body work is never as solid as the factory paint. Here I am 5 years later and the paint has begun to peel away from the front bumper. gonna cost me $350 to fix...and just as I began to start shopping for new cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 06:21 AM   #10
riimiX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlinePSI
Quote:
You still planning to get your car this weekend?
tomorrow at 1pm I can't wait. I had a nightmare the other night that I overslept and didn't show up until 3; in return they told me they disassembled the car into parts and boxed it up... lol

little nervous as this will be my first time even driving the car, hoping I love it. I saw someone's post earlier saying how they thought the f32 drove exactly like the f30 -- worried about that floaty feel.

I've got like 3 pba cards on me as well but I'm not looking for any reason to get pulled over, plate in front doesn't look too bad with the sport line bumper!

congrats again I can't wait to read a write up of your experience with the new whip also pics yo
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #11
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyTop View Post
Sounds like you are happy now...and I don't mean to put doubt in your mind, but I have intimate experience with this. I bought an infiniti g35 in 2008. They had to find it from another lot and when I showed up to get my car, they had mounted the lp bracket on the front bumper as well. I was not happy, they fixed it like they did yours but body work is never as solid as the factory paint. Here I am 5 years later and the paint has begun to peel away from the front bumper. gonna cost me $350 to fix...and just as I began to start shopping for new cars.
Yea I hear you, and I appreciate the heads up. We did bring that up with him and I was going to keep pushing for an in writing guarantee but it honestly came out amazing and he gave us an extra $250 off the car. So with the $750 first and goal discount, that is now an extra thousand that we got off the car after the deal was already signed. Being that as a dealer he was great, everything else on the car came out perfect it was not worth pushing. If years down the road it does show any signs of wear, i'll either pay a few hundred to fix it or I might even have a whole new front by then.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #12
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
tomorrow at 1pm I can't wait. I had a nightmare the other night that I overslept and didn't show up until 3; in return they told me they disassembled the car into parts and boxed it up... lol

little nervous as this will be my first time even driving the car, hoping I love it. I saw someone's post earlier saying how they thought the f32 drove exactly like the f30 -- worried about that floaty feel.

I've got like 3 pba cards on me as well but I'm not looking for any reason to get pulled over, plate in front doesn't look too bad with the sport line bumper!

congrats again I can't wait to read a write up of your experience with the new whip also pics yo
haha that's hilarious. I'm pretty positive your gonna love it. There was a 4 series in the showroom last night and it looks great in person. I wanted to take a closer look but my CA was already staying late so we could pick up our car. I dunno about the feel but the suspension setup should be a bit stiffer on the coupe from what I understand. Especialy with the m-sport or adaptive. I would imagine your car will be crazy fun regardless.

I'll def post up my summay of the car, probably some point this weekend between laps. And i'll def get pics up including the work that BMW did patching those holes. I'm sure there will be people in the future who might like to see how BMW's shop handles it.

Congrats to you, let us know when you get it.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #13
Pcprograms
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i xDrive

Dealer?

Which NYC dealer did you go to?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #14
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Manhattan.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #15
Pcprograms
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 320i xDrive

Quote:
Manhattan.
Ouch they charge a premium on everything. I go to Hassle on Long Island their service area is amazing you will be very comfortable their while waiting on your vehicle whenever you have to take it in.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #16
DonMoose
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 335i xDrive - M Sport

Quote:
Because they fkin drilled in a front plate bracket on to the bumper when I told them time and time again I did not want it. Now i've been stressing this situation for the past 3 days. They had their body shop patch and blend the holes and I have no idea how it's going to look or if i'm going to end up with a car tonight at all.

If I accept this patch work at all I now need to get in writing that they will cover it. Other options are to try and get a bumper off another car, a new one sent from germany, or MAYBE if they want to give me a great deal on an m-sport bumper i'll tell them i'll do that too if they wanna turn a negative into a positive. I also want to get whatever route we take in writing AND take the car home with me tonight. I've waited long enough.

So pissed. Ruined a great experience.
Sorry to hear that!! I'm hoping this doesn't happen to me. I told the dealer probably a dozen times not to install the plate bracket, they even wrote it on the contract and folder with all the paperwork in it. Hopefully they remember. I'm still waiting for a VIN/Production number, so the bracket is really the least of my concern at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #17
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #18
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Here we go...some preliminary pictures. Sorry the quality is not so great. We dusted off a camera we barely use and had some overexposure issues (The night pic is a different camera). I'm usually better with a camera than this. haha Anyway...

Starting off with a pic of the front bumper where there used to be 2 license plate holes. I know it's bright as hell and hard to tell but even under that direct sunlight I could find no sign of any work.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2013, 11:33 PM   #19
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

Congrats! Beautiful!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #20
alexgosh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

do you know how much this cost? and what did they exactly do to fix it. I just got a 335i m sport bsm and they drilled FOUR license plate holes Its not that noticeable but its annoying knowing that I have four holes in the front of my car...
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #21
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgosh View Post
do you know how much this cost? and what did they exactly do to fix it. I just got a 335i m sport bsm and they drilled FOUR license plate holes Its not that noticeable but its annoying knowing that I have four holes in the front of my car...
Did you already take delivery? They did it for me for free because they were not supposed to do it in the first place. My CA was very helpful in making sure we were completely happy before we took delivery. I have no idea how much they would normally charge. They used a fiberglass resin to fill in the holes, then sanded down, painted and clear coated.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #22
Mik3ymomo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 540i XDrive

Tickets may add up fast enough to void any savings you got on the car.
I drove without a front plate until I got a $65 ticket for it.
It's not worth the trouble and a cop making you late, screwing up your day and trying to find other things to ticket you for.
Appreciate 0