F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > May 340i allocations
GetBMWParts

05-11-2017, 07:00 PM   #1
otay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

May 340i allocations

Hey all, been waiting about a month for the dealer to get an allocation, which I'm told will be a June build. Anyone else waiting for 340i allocation? Or is it time to change dealers? Don't want to call them out here just yet, but they are one of the highest volume in the US...

Thx!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 09:07 PM   #2
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by otay View Post
Hey all, been waiting about a month for the dealer to get an allocation, which I'm told will be a June build. Anyone else waiting for 340i allocation? Or is it time to change dealers? Don't want to call them out here just yet, but they are one of the highest volume in the US...

Thx!
I'm waiting for a 440 allocation.

Which dealer are you working with?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 11:41 AM   #3
otay
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post

Sent you a PM.

Let me try to ask a different way...

Haven't ordered before, is this typical? It's been 5 weeks since I placed the deposit. Or is it typical for when the model year is winding down?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 11:51 AM   #4
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post

Sent you a PM.

Let me try to ask a different way...

Haven't ordered before, is this typical? It's been 5 weeks since I placed the deposit. Or is it typical for when the model year is winding down?
Responded to your pm. Let me know if I answered your question or not.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 12:16 PM   #5
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Also waiting on a 440 allocation. I'm being patient/hopeful that it's due to adding in the digital cockpit with HUD. I know of one other bimmerpost member that is waiting as well. Order was submitted/credit app approved in the 3rd week of April.
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 12:19 PM   #6
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

I would think the 2017 allocations would be starting to dry up here going into Memorial Day
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #7
kern417
Cheapskate
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i |2016 340i | 2010 X5

Mine is for a 2018 LCI
Youtube/Instagram/TikTok: @kern417
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 02:59 PM   #8
MG 228i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 m40i, 340i 6MT, i3S

Quote:

Thx!
Got my production number the day after I submitted my credit check and deposit. I think it's time to change dealers.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 03:34 PM   #9
otay
Major
United_States
Rep

Finally had a conversation with the dealer. Proactive communication from them is not a priority, it seems.

Here are my 2 issues:
- It's end of model year production, so there are fewer allocation. This isn't always the case, sometimes BMW ramps up production, but not this time.
- My build includes Tanzanite Blue, so this is an Individual build, which only can be done in Germany. They still have 2 allocation for South Africa!! Had I known this weeks ago, I could have switched color to EB and my 340i would be on the way. If I switch now, this only buys me a couple weeks, because the shipping time from SA is longer.

Choices now are:
- Switch to SA Estoril Blue build and get one of the last '17s, possible delivery in late July. I'll keep locked MF / residual (was actually able to lock on March programs, so have a very good deal).
- Wait for MY'18 allocation, likely given in mid-late June. Don't know if Tanzanite Blue will be priced the same, or even available. If so, then German build. Possible delivery in mid-August. Re-negotiate terms with new less favorable programs and probable base price increase.

Also, they will not get MY '18 order/price guides until sometime in June.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 09:56 AM   #10
jjrandorin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435 & 2016 X5D

Quote:
Finally had a conversation with the dealer. Proactive communication from them is not a priority, it seems.

Here are my 2 issues:
- It's end of model year production, so there are fewer allocation. This isn't always the case, sometimes BMW ramps up production, but not this time.
- My build includes Tanzanite Blue, so this is an Individual build, which only can be done in Germany. They still have 2 allocation for South Africa!! Had I known this weeks ago, I could have switched color to EB and my 340i would be on the way. If I switch now, this only buys me a couple weeks, because the shipping time from SA is longer.

Choices now are:
- Switch to SA Estoril Blue build and get one of the last '17s, possible delivery in late July. I'll keep locked MF / residual (was actually able to lock on March programs, so have a very good deal).
- Wait for MY'18 allocation, likely given in mid-late June. Don't know if Tanzanite Blue will be priced the same, or even available. If so, then German build. Possible delivery in mid-August. Re-negotiate terms with new less favorable programs and probable base price increase.

Also, they will not get MY '18 order/price guides until sometime in June.

The lock expires after 60 days (90 on the west coast)... well actually the end of the month that 60 days expires in. So if you locked on March 1st, and are in NC like your tag says your lock would look like this:

Lock date March 1st. 60 Days expires May 1st. Lock would expire May 31st.

So, you need to ask your dealer the VERY direct question of "can you put in writing that I will be able to use March programs whenever my car comes in?" If so, please put that in writing on Dealership letterhead and I will be down to pick up a copy for my records. Thank you very much".

You want that in writing btw, not "sure you will be able to do that".

You submitted a credit app in march, so thats when the lock started ticking. The CAR was not actually ordered till they gave you a production number and build week. Any time waiting between you giving them a deposit and then giving you a production number did not count for the ordering of the car, but did count for the lock because the lock goes off the credit app.

Tanzanite also delays your order and would have no matter where it was being made.

They "might" be able to get some sort of extension for you, but if I were you I would ABSOLUTELY want that in writing from someone at the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2017, 04:07 PM   #11
otay
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrandorin View Post
The lock expires after 60 days (90 on the west coast)... well actually the end of the month that 60 days expires in. So if you locked on March 1st, and are in NC like your tag says your lock would look like this:

Lock date March 1st. 60 Days expires May 1st. Lock would expire May 31st.

So, you need to ask your dealer the VERY direct question of "can you put in writing that I will be able to use March programs whenever my car comes in?" If so, please put that in writing on Dealership letterhead and I will be down to pick up a copy for my records. Thank you very much".

You want that in writing btw, not "sure you will be able to do that".

You submitted a credit app in march, so thats when the lock started ticking. The CAR was not actually ordered till they gave you a production number and build week. Any time waiting between you giving them a deposit and then giving you a production number did not count for the ordering of the car, but did count for the lock because the lock goes off the credit app.

Tanzanite also delays your order and would have no matter where it was being made.

They "might" be able to get some sort of extension for you, but if I were you I would ABSOLUTELY want that in writing from someone at the dealership.
Actually, submitted app April 3rd, but CA gave me March program.

At this point, he has allocation for South Africa (no Individual / Tanzanite), I just gotta decide if I'm OK with EB color, or do I want to wait for MY '18. Put another way, he will honor pricing if I use the current allocation. Otherwise I'm starting all over again anyway, because pricing will definitely be different for MY '18.

If I had the MY '18 order guide, this decision would be easier. Some of this looks interesting for M Sport:
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1383413
Appreciate 0