F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Remote Cockpit - Link on BMW Canada ConnectedDrive web page
proTUNING Freaks

11-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #1
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 - Ultimate Pkg- Canada

Remote Cockpit - Link on BMW Canada ConnectedDrive web page

I just logged-in to my BMW Canada ConnectedDrive account using both Chrome and IE browsers on Windows Desktop. There is a link for "Remote Cockpit" and when I clicked on it, it did not take me to next screen (broken link). Please see attached screenshot with highlighted link.

In fact this link has not been working for last few weeks or it never worked. Hope Canadian33 reads this post and get someone to fix the broken link.

I am really curious as to what functions/information is available under this "Remote Cockpit"

If we can use this browser base Remote Cockpit to do some of remote functions available in "BMW Connected" app for IOS (and Android app when available) it would be another alternative to carry out Remote functions instead of using smart devices.

Thanks and please provide your comments.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #2
grwl_grewal
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 328XI and X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khatopito View Post
I just logged-in to my BMW Canada ConnectedDrive account using both Chrome and IE browsers on Windows Desktop. There is a link for "Remote Cockpit" and when I clicked on it, it did not take me to next screen (broken link). Please see attached screenshot with highlighted link.

In fact this link has not been working for last few weeks or it never worked. Hope Canadian33 reads this post and get someone to fix the broken link.

I am really curious as to what functions/information is available under this "Remote Cockpit"

If we can use this browser base Remote Cockpit to do some of remote functions available in "BMW Connected" app for IOS (and Android app when available) it would be another alternative to carry out Remote functions instead of using smart devices.

I would suggest you to PM canadian33. So that he can get his attention.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 07:23 AM   #3
canadian33
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 440GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khatopito View Post

Remote cockpit will allow you to trigger remote services from the ConnectedDrive portal.

The functionality is not currently activated for Canada, but we plan to push it live towards the end of November.

I will post an update once it is live.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 07:55 AM   #4
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian33 View Post
Remote cockpit will allow you to trigger remote services from the ConnectedDrive portal.

The functionality is not currently activated for Canada, but we plan to push it live towards the end of November.

Thanks Canadian33
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 05:08 AM   #5
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Any update on this please?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 09:39 PM   #6
Khatopito
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Please update us on this.

Thanks
Appreciate 0