F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Replacing suspension on a car that has M Adaptive Suspension
GetBMWParts

01-31-2018, 12:13 PM   #1
Kevin_Trxn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340i

Replacing suspension on a car that has M Adaptive Suspension

I have a F30 340i (not sure if it matters), but it came with M adaptive suspension.
I plan on changing out the suspension soon, but I have a few questions.
From research so far, there will be errors thrown, but there are solutions.

Solutions/questions:
1.) Code out the error, but if dealer updates software this could flag your car? How hard is this DIY? How much would this cost to get someone to do it?

2.) KW edc delete, but Im not sure if this is compatible with my car (since putting in my year/make/model yields "not compatible") . Does this just trick the system into thinking that the Adaptive suspension is still connected? Avoiding the hassle of the dealer updates the software?

3.) Get plug and play suspension that is compatible with the M adaptive suspension. Looking to go UAS Bags with Accuair management....is there even a kit that exists?

I like going into mods knowing what to expect and how to handle any issues that might come up.

Please share any/all experience! Any helpful input is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Glad to help. Do you own or lease the vehicle? Upon return, modifications on a leased vehicle have to reversed. Also - what's your budget to replace M Adaptive suspension? When do you want to do it?

1. I am not a big fan of coding out errors but others have done it. Please search Coding and Suspension forum.

2. Take a look at KW V3 coilovers and select a kit for vehicles with electronic suspensions. Your vehicle is supported. Quick call to KW is always a good idea before making a big purchase.

http://www.kwsuspensions.com/product...-3522000g.html

3. The reason why I mentioned earlier that timing may be important is the announcement from Bilstein about availability of B4, B6 shocks and B16 (my longer term choice) coilovers.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ght=damptronic

I called Bilstein USA to verify availability. Not yet. But Bilstein Germany catalog shows availability and "In preparation" status.
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13346.00
      01-31-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
Kevin_Trxn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Glad to help. Do you own or lease the vehicle? Upon return, modifications on a leased vehicle have to reversed. Also - what's your budget to replace M Adaptive suspension? When do you want to do it?

1. I am not a big fan of coding out errors but others have done it. Please search Coding and Suspension forum.

2. Take a look at KW V3 coilovers and select a kit for vehicles with electronic suspensions. Your vehicle is supported. Quick call to KW is always a good idea before making a big purchase.

http://www.kwsuspensions.com/product...-3522000g.html

3. The reason why I mentioned earlier that timing may be important is the announcement from Bilstein about availability of B4, B6 shocks and B16 (my longer term choice) coilovers.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...ght=damptronic

I called Bilstein USA to verify availability. Not yet. But Bilstein Germany catalog shows availability and "In preparation" status.
Yeah coding an error a way doesn't seem like the best solution.

Interesting, the KW deletion kit for some reason showed invalid I believe I was looking at the EDC deletion kit that is not bundled with the coil overs. Do you know how this works exactly and the module can be paired with any other suspension kit?

Im going air suspension, looking at UAS bags and their kit for f30. I believe they have one, but can't find any info on it online atm. I'll have to give them a call.

Was hoping in the next month or so I don't think those will drop anytime soon =[

Last edited by Kevin_Trxn; 01-31-2018 at 04:02 PM..
Appreciate 0