F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Any F31 Touring Owner Reviews?
ARMA SPEED

11-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Any F31 Touring Owner Reviews?

Hey all,

Been pretty quiet on the F31 Touring front from new owners recently.

Anyone have any love/hate issues?

Any must have options that your are glad you added? Anything that sucks?

What is the overall impression of the F31 car and chassis?

How is the 328 version or are there lots of 320's out there?

Thanks for any advice. I'll be ordering one hopefully once its released in NA.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #2
Sprocket
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 328i

I might weigh in in a few days. Delivery scheduled for this coming week...
      11-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

When the F31 owners DO chime in, I'm really interested to hear how they stand up interior dimension-wise in comparison to the E34/E39 touring...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #4
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
I might weigh in in a few days. Delivery scheduled for this coming week...
Thx. Appreciate your feedback.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

All I can say is that I have absolutely nothing to complain about and I came from an e90 2008 M Sport. The engine is awesome, the exterior is just sick and, I my opinion, works better with the new design of the 3-series and I miss NOTHING at all from the previous generation. I have an M Sport with the adaptive M chassi, this is a must cause its awesome and the Touring with its stiffer rear susp. really benefits from it.

You see some of my options but nothing is really exclusive to the Touring except for the panoramic roof I guess (no question, take it!) so you can check out the F30 reviews bout the options as well. With the Touring though, you get automatic hatch opening with the key fob as standard, really sweet and theres a button on the hatch for closing.

Ask on!

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 09:36 AM   #6
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitoco View Post
All I can say is that I have absolutely nothing to complain about and I came from an e90 2008 M Sport. The engine is awesome, the exterior is just sick and, I my opinion, works better with the new design of the 3-series and I miss NOTHING at all from the previous generation. I have an M Sport with the adaptive M chassi, this is a must cause its awesome and the Touring with its stiffer rear susp. really benefits from it.

You see some of my options but nothing is really exclusive to the Touring except for the panoramic roof I guess (no question, take it!) so you can check out the F30 reviews bout the options as well. With the Touring though, you get automatic hatch opening with the key fob as standard, really sweet and theres a button on the hatch for closing.

Ask on!
Did you get the the Sport Auto Trans or did you get the manual trans?
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #7
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Sport Auto, my first auto ever. Was against it but I got convinced and chose the option. its really nice, use the flappy paddles and its an arcade game ur in

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
scharles
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 - 330XD

[QUOTE=Vitoco]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post

I love this car... Got it in M sport package with sport auto trans, adaptative suspension & connecteddrive as option. It is mineral grey.

It is so pleasant to drive, powerful, silent. The new steering wheel has an amazing feeling (compared to my wife's f20 M sport with "regular M steering wheel"). And the sport tranny is very very good.
I had the former AT on my e61 before and I loved it. Now it is just perfect. The paddle are not always useful, but i like it on small road. It shifts so quick!!

The new connected drive is also a must have if you like connected gadgets. Very useful as my commute can be long in the morning...

The rear seats are quite small, but this is the only negative point I found as of today.... And i have this car since november.

Even the fuel consumption is good : I reached 5,6l/km when i played the "ecopro game" on bmw apps (not every day.,.) and never reached more than 10l/km on average, even in heavy city traffic.

Great car with great volume in trunk, perfect for me !!
Appreciate 0