F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Service delays
proTUNING Freaks

04-05-2019, 12:50 PM   #1
330Stevie
Captain
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xdrive

Service delays

Tried to book in for service today; minor service under service pack. Earliest slot 7th of May. I get the dealers are busy but seriously?

I’ve asked for confirmation on how I stand with warranty as I will go way past the allowance for miles in this time. Yes in part my fault for only booking in with 1200 miles to service. Adviser stated warranty or service history won’t be impacted by going over.

Is this correct in principle? I ask for that in writing and was told he’d have to refer me to his manager.
Thoughts??
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 01:00 PM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Did you request a courtesy car? Cooper Norwich has always been 4-6 weeks wait for service with a courtesy car, so I'd say 7th May is pretty good.
Appreciate 1
330Stevie298.00
      04-05-2019, 01:06 PM   #3
330Stevie
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Did you request a courtesy car? Cooper Norwich has always been 4-6 weeks wait for service with a courtesy car, so I'd say 7th May is pretty good.
You’d think, but no. Not even a timed slot. Just a good old drop off in the morning and pick up at the end of the day.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 01:07 PM   #4
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Up here in the grim north, I booked mine in last Friday for the 10th April with a loan car with Lloyd Colne 10 days notice, it's for an inspection service which I wasn't looking forward to paying for but then they told me the car had a service pack so that was nice!
      04-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #5
330Stevie
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Up here in the grim north, I booked mine in last Friday for the 10th April with a loan car with Lloyd Colne 10 days notice, it's for an inspection service which I wasn't looking forward to paying for but then they told me the car had a service pack so that was nice!
Result

To far for me tho!
Appreciate 1
Wills28647.00
      04-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #6
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Not sure where you are, but I had a similar issue in Chesterfield. 4 weeks for a slot.

Tried Sheffield, which is a huge dealership with over 50 servicing bays. Phoned Monday, in for service Wednesday.

If there's one of the newer large dealerships near you, give them a try.
Appreciate 1
330Stevie298.00
      04-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #7
330Stevie
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Not sure where you are, but I had a similar issue in Chesterfield. 4 weeks for a slot.

Tried Sheffield, which is a huge dealership with over 50 servicing bays. Phoned Monday, in for service Wednesday.

If there's one of the newer large dealerships near you, give them a try.
South West; I’ll ring round on Monday
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 01:59 PM   #8
aquazi
Major
Rep
Drives: 18 M4C

In tamworth booked my first service back in jan, earliest service (with a courtesy car) was 5 weeks later.... my car had 1k left when i rang, was 400 miles over by the time i had a service.... was told it wasnt an issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #9
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330Stevie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
You’d think, but no. Not even a timed slot. Just a good old drop off in the morning and pick up at the end of the day.
Oh in that case it's bad, Coopers can usually do within a week without a courtesy car!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 02:42 PM   #10
Dave911
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330d

Was told by my dealer you can go a couple of thousand miles over without any issue. Wouldn’t worry too much.
Appreciate 1
Wills28647.00
      04-05-2019, 02:47 PM   #11
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave911 View Post
Was told by my dealer you can go a couple of thousand miles over without any issue. Wouldn’t worry too much.
I'm 20 miles over with the service happening on Wednesday and had to have a word with myself, it's not going to blow up!
      05-03-2019, 02:17 PM   #12
330Stevie
Captain
Rep

Thought I’d just update you in the balance of fairness.

After three failed call backs to just check how far over the mileage I could go, my initial inquiry, spoke to a service agent who got it booked in within two weeks.
Even better though was my front brake pads have miraculously grown back up to 6 mm remaining on this service from the 3mm remaining at the previous “health check!?!”
Fantastic work 🤣
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 03:30 PM   #13
ossi1
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M Sport 340i

My dealer do a courtesy drop home / work service. You can get in quick and they will drop you anywhere within reason. If you want a courtesy car - forget it unless you book months ahead.

Anyone coming in under BMW recovery will get a hire car on the spot. The problem is the recovery scheme is being exploited as they have to turn around those cars first.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 03:46 PM   #14
scousefly
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 5 Series & G01 X3 M

Garage List
Am I right in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330Stevie View Post
Tried to book in for service today; minor service under service pack. Earliest slot 7th of May. I get the dealers are busy but seriously?

I’ve asked for confirmation on how I stand with warranty as I will go way past the allowance for miles in this time. Yes in part my fault for only booking in with 1200 miles to service. Adviser stated warranty or service history won’t be impacted by going over.

Is this correct in principle? I ask for that in writing and was told he’d have to refer me to his manager.
Thoughts??
Thinking that's a 3 day wait from Post(04/ 05) to date of service (07/05)??
Appreciate 1
Pequin230.00
      05-03-2019, 04:39 PM   #15
john76
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 F31 320d

American date format innit - it was the 5th April.
Appreciate 1
330Stevie298.00
      05-03-2019, 04:58 PM   #16
scousefly
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 5 Series & G01 X3 M

Garage List
Ahhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by john76 View Post
American date format innit - it was the 5th April.
That makes more sense

usually a 3 4 week wait in the UK in my experience but I usually ask for a courtesy car as well. Was the same when I had the RRSport
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 12:50 AM   #17
GrowGod
Growgod
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 BMW 320d & F22 M240i

Completely normal I worked in the chobham BMW and vines in guildford for about 10 years and all the dealers around the south west are the same , always about a month in advance even longer for c and d. BMW technically can reject warranty claims if you have gone over the specified mileage, although in my experience with main dealers BMW have the best goodwill program so aslong as your service history is main dealer and is full shouldnt be an issue. In the past with service packs the advisor would need to put in the service pack info and that can flag issues if the mileage is higher than specified so the dealer might struggle claiming the service back and they wont do it for free!! so it would be best to have email confirmation from the service manager of the dealership, except chobham manager is clueless!! I would strongly avoid this dealership in the south west, vines is a bit better but if your worried try reading new site, we all go there for training and it has a multi story car park. As stated above BMW assist take priority , service advisors are informed via email and take in turns taking on a recovery job, they make the claim through BMW to get them a car , this never comes from the dealer that's why its instant, usually from enterprise. The dealer then has 3 days to diagnose the problem and report back and the depending on fix are given a time to repair it and failure to so means the dealer pay for the loan car so obviously they have to prioritise these jobs unfortunately , half of the dealerships use call centres with unskilled people on the phone so it's always best to try and obtain a service advisor/mangers email and liaise directly as phoning dealers is a nightmare , Walton Audi has systems in place so you have to respond to emails within 30 mins or you would get a telling off. Overpriced and not worth it most of the time , it's a shame we need that stamp eh . Spent alot of time as a BMW service advisor before becoming brand manager so servicing is my area PM if you need anymore info especially south west
Appreciate 1
330Stevie298.00
      05-04-2019, 12:52 AM   #18
GrowGod
Growgod
United Kingdom
Rep

Completely normal I worked in the chobham BMW and vines in guildford for about 10 years and all the dealers around the south west are the same , always about a month in advance even longer for c and d. BMW technically can reject warranty claims if you have gone over the specified mileage, although in my experience with main dealers BMW have the best goodwill program so aslong as your service history is main dealer and is full shouldnt be an issue. In the past with service packs the advisor would need to put in the service pack info and that can flag issues if the mileage is higher than specified so the dealer might struggle claiming the service back and they wont do it for free!! so it would be best to have email confirmation from the service manager of the dealership, except chobham manager is clueless!! I would strongly avoid this dealership in the south west, vines is a bit better but if your worried try reading new site, we all go there for training and it has a multi story car park. As stated above BMW assist take priority , service advisors are informed via email and take in turns taking on a recovery job, they make the claim through BMW to get them a car , this never comes from the dealer that's why its instant, usually from enterprise. The dealer then has 3 days to diagnose the problem and report back and the depending on fix are given a time to repair it and failure to so means the dealer pay for the loan car so obviously they have to prioritise these jobs unfortunately , half of the dealerships use call centres with unskilled people on the phone so it's always best to try and obtain a service advisor/mangers email and liaise directly as phoning dealers is a nightmare , Walton Audi has systems in place so you have to respond to emails within 30 mins or you would get a telling off. Overpriced and not worth it most of the time , it's a shame we need that stamp eh . Spent alot of time as a BMW service advisor before a brand advocate so servicing is my area PM if you need anymore info especially south west
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 04:35 AM   #19
330Stevie
Captain
Rep

Thanks for info. All well that ended well as they say. I just need to be more on the ball and program in a month wait in the future.

In all honesty my frustration was the inability to get it in writing that if I went over my mileage I’d be ok for warranty. The bookings team assured I was but wouldn’t confirm in writing or call back to discuss further.

Previously when I had a issue with aircon system going mad they got me in within a couple of days which was reassuring.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 05:36 AM   #20
GrowGod
Growgod
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s11nny View Post
They are ripping you off. Rybrook warwick diagnoses my steering knock in 1 day and didnt charge. I have extended warranty and they took a extra day to fix. I usually get courtesy cars here booking 2 week in advance

Not surprised Warwick for a start will have far less volume than the south west , so it is a rip off because YOUR knock was diagnosed and fixed quickly under warranty? So everyone elses knock should be the same ?and just as straightforward? Hope you dont expect every problem to be fixed as smoothly as that!! You'll be extremely dissatisfied in the future if you have intermittent faults !!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 05:49 AM   #21
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowGod View Post
Not surprised Warwick for a start will have far less volume than the south west , so it is a rip off because YOUR knock was diagnosed and fixed quickly under warranty? So everyone elses knock should be the same ?and just as straightforward? Hope you dont expect every problem to be fixed as smoothly as that!! You'll be extremely dissatisfied in the future if you have intermittent faults !!
Eh? Warwick and Northampton are no where near the south west (that's Cornwall/Devon/Somerset BTW) They are both in the midlands 35 miles from each other.
      05-04-2019, 10:47 AM   #22
spansar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 M320d, CANCELLED G42 M240i

Slightly off topic, but has anyone booked a BMW Fast Lane Service and what is their experience of it? I looked at booking my next service online via

https://www.bmw.co.uk/bmw-ownership/...vicing#booking

You can choose your dealership according to your postcode. It even quotes you how much it will cost. You get a date and time slot to book.

For example:-

Engine oil service with microfilter, air filter & fuel filter - £427.00
CBS Standard Scope - £23.00
Prices are applicable for the services you have selected. Please note if additional services are required, costs will be provided once a key read has been completed on arrival.

You have selected:

Appointment type: BMW Fast Lane

Appointment Date: 28/06/2019

From your experience, is the price quoted true to the quoted price?
Is it true that the Fast Lance Service takes only 90 minutes per the youtube video
Appreciate 0