F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 118401 mixture control AFR Too lean
GetBMWParts

05-15-2021, 05:09 AM   #1
Mikereese
Rep
Drives: 15 328ix drive

118401 mixture control AFR Too lean

Hey guys ,

So recently I decided to go FBO. I had an issue earlier where I didn’t put a o ring on the charge pipe where it meets the throttle body and I was getting low pressure intake manifold. Ordered the o ring and fixed the problem. Car was running great no lag or anything. Eventually popped a Lambda code before cat.. cleared it, never came back. Now I’m my constant code is running to lean. I have an angled spacer on my post cat o2 sensor. I read on another thread that those are crap apparently. I’m looking for advice for other possible reasons as to why I’m running lean and to find other people with n26’s with FBO that have no issues with aftermarket parts. Also I’m new to this group as well
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 10:01 PM   #2
ineffable
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikereese View Post
Hey guys ,

So recently I decided to go FBO. I had an issue earlier where I didn’t put a o ring on the charge pipe where it meets the throttle body and I was getting low pressure intake manifold. Ordered the o ring and fixed the problem. Car was running great no lag or anything. Eventually popped a Lambda code before cat.. cleared it, never came back. Now I’m my constant code is running to lean. I have an angled spacer on my post cat o2 sensor. I read on another thread that those are crap apparently. I’m looking for advice for other possible reasons as to why I’m running lean and to find other people with n26’s with FBO that have no issues with aftermarket parts. Also I’m new to this group as well
have the same issue currently after a motor swap. i am putting in stock cat and intake to see what happens since there are no leaks and we checked sensors
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 02:49 PM   #3
mhrzyn
Rep
Drives: 328i XDrive

I had the same problem. I have a 328ix drive N26 SULEV.
I replaced my oxygen sensor on my exhaust. After that the problem was solved but I had still a mixture too lean fault code. After research I saw that my car has a extra Oxygen or O2 sensor on my radiator. The sensor did not work any more. So I needed to change the whole radiotor... The sensor had no function so I decided to let the sensor code out the car so the problem is solved now.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2021, 09:25 PM   #4
ineffable
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrzyn View Post
I had the same problem. I have a 328ix drive N26 SULEV.
I replaced my oxygen sensor on my exhaust. After that the problem was solved but I had still a mixture too lean fault code. After research I saw that my car has a extra Oxygen or O2 sensor on my radiator. The sensor did not work any more. So I needed to change the whole radiotor... The sensor had no function so I decided to let the sensor code out the car so the problem is solved now.
weird. mine seems to be fine with the oem cat back in but i do prefer the catless downpipe. should i go back to that and deal with the fuel trim too lean?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2021, 02:46 PM   #5
mhrzyn
Rep
Drives: 328i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineffable View Post
weird. mine seems to be fine with the oem cat back in but i do prefer the catless downpipe. should i go back to that and deal with the fuel trim too lean?
If it gives a fault code in both situation it is not the downpipe.
But mixture too lean could be anyhting.. I saw several problems on the same cars with different parts to be changed.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2021, 01:12 PM   #6
ineffable
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrzyn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineffable View Post
If it gives a fault code in both situation it is not the downpipe.
But mixture too lean could be anyhting.. I saw several problems on the same cars with different parts to be changed.
started after i had my engine replaced however after ~40 miles of testing with the oem downpipe in it seems the light isn't coming back on
Appreciate 0