F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BMW F30 Backup camera help
ARMA SPEED

10-21-2018, 10:54 PM   #1
Archer7
Rep
Drives: F90 Com

BMW F30 Backup camera help

I bought this backup camera from Ebay here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Reversi...72.m2749.l2649

The sellers didn't respond to a single message i sent him. Finally i installed it and Steve helped me setup the dip switches and it works. Now my question is the picture won't go full screen. Please reference the image below:

I have tried turning off the split screen and same result. Is there a way to make the picture stretch to full screen? My F30 doesn't have PDC. Any help would be would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 03:11 AM   #2
IAmATeaf
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Can’t help with the camera but I hope you left the seller with negative feedback to warn others? I was expecting some cheap camera kit but the guys charging full whack so I’d expect help to come with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #3
Archer7
Rep

Yes i did. I contacted him as soon as i received the unit. After 25 days he did not respond and i would not wait anymore. And it was coming up on the 30 day money back mark so i installed it.

Hopefully some one before me had a better luck then me.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
Zanity
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 428i

im suprised it worked at all, the size has to do with the resolution, unless you can change that in the camera, i dont think theres a way to set it up in the idrive
      10-22-2018, 12:07 PM   #5
Archer7
Rep

I was hoping there might be coding value i can change to go full screen. I know other people have retrofit this same kit before. May be there a dip switch settings that i missed but again i have no idea which one.

The Sellers was very unhelpful and i will never buy anything from him again.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #6
Archer7
Rep

Just got it working on full screen. The dip switch #8 need to be turned off. All good now.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 06:51 PM   #7
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer7 View Post
Yes i did. I contacted him as soon as i received the unit. After 25 days he did not respond and i would not wait anymore. And it was coming up on the 30 day money back mark so i installed it.
What did the seller sell?
A retrofit kit or installation instructions?
You've got the retrofit kit and it works.
So i don't understand your negative feedback.
A neutral feedback could also have been given.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 10:30 AM   #8
Archer7
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
What did the seller sell?
A retrofit kit or installation instructions?
You've got the retrofit kit and it works.
So i don't understand your negative feedback.
A neutral feedback could also have been given.
So i bought the kit from him and he was suppose to send the Dip switch diagram. After a week plus he did not reply to any of my msg. So i did it my self and i had to sit there waste 5 hours of my life to do research and ask a friend to help with this. One more thing the kit came with no instructions, i am not asking for a book but a little page would've been fine.

So yes he get's a negative feed back from me. My time is important to me just like i am sure yours is to you, and the mental aggravation i had to go through by opening and closing the trim like 3 time was enough for me.

Last edited by Archer7; 10-24-2018 at 10:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 04:46 PM   #9
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
So i bought the kit from him and he was suppose to send the Dip switch diagram. After a week plus he did not reply to any of my msg. So i did it my self and i had to sit there waste 5 hours of my life to do research and ask a friend to help with this. One more thing the kit came with no instructions, i am not asking for a book but a little page would've been fine.

So yes he get's a negative feed back from me. My time is important to me just like i am sure yours is to you, and the mental aggravation i had to go through by opening and closing the trim like 3 time was enough for me.
OK, now i understand.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2018, 08:49 AM   #10
flysmith
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i xDrive M-sport edition

Quote:
Just got it working on full screen. The dip switch #8 need to be turned off. All good now.
Hey Archer7, I was actually looking to pull the trigger on the same kit / same seller earlier this morning. Could you direct me to the instructions for setting the dip switches?

I plan to have this, as well as a 'nearly complete' Bavsound kit, installed at Best Buy (I have a trusted tech and Geeksquad now has a $199 annual membership that includes unlimited services for most items, including car installs). That said, my guy won't know anything about the dip switches, I'm sure.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 10:27 AM   #11
Archer7
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysmith View Post
Hey Archer7, I was actually looking to pull the trigger on the same kit / same seller earlier this morning. Could you direct me to the instructions for setting the dip switches?

I plan to have this, as well as a 'nearly complete' Bavsound kit, installed at Best Buy (I have a trusted tech and Geeksquad now has a $199 annual membership that includes unlimited services for most items, including car installs). That said, my guy won't know anything about the dip switches, I'm sure.

Thanks in advance.
Sure man. The thing you need the most is the Dip switch picture. If your car doesn't have the PDC the number 8 switch must be off.

Also note that there is nothing written on the module box, so you will not know which connection goes to the screen and which to the Head Unit. Please reference the picture below to make sure the display cables are plunged in the right connections.

Last edited by Archer7; 10-29-2018 at 04:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2018, 09:04 PM   #12
flysmith
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i xDrive M-sport edition

Quote:
Sure man. The thing you need the most the Dip switch picture. If your car doesn't have the PDC the number 8 switch must be off.

Also note that there is nothing written on the module box, so you will not know which connection goes to the screen and which to the Head Unit. Please reference the picture below to make sure the display cables are plunged in the right connections.
This is super-helpful. Thanks for the detailed response!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 11:51 PM   #13
kkasicha
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328

Hi I am not able to figure it out. I have an F30. Can anyone post a picture of their working switch configuration??
Appreciate 0