F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 2012 F30 Business Navigation: Bluetooth Menu stuck!
proTUNING Freaks

12-22-2016, 05:44 AM   #1
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3

2012 F30 Business Navigation: Bluetooth Menu stuck!

Hi all.

I have a 2012 BMW F30 with a CIC powered navigation business system with Bluetooth integration for my phone.

Suddenly after working fine for a long time, I saw the other day my phone didn't connect. When entering the phone menu in the iDrive system, the screen just reads "Please wait" and a spinning wheel. I can use the knob to go one back and see the menu with "Phonebook, Last number redial, units" etc. but no matter what I select it's the same "Please wait" screen I get.

I googled a bit to find some sort of reboot of the system. All posts say to hold the "mute button" on the radio for 30 seconds. I tried to hold it several times for up to 60 seconds without any sort of reboot at all.

My question here: Any of you guys tried this before? What did you do? Would a battery unplug force it to reboot maybe?
      12-23-2016, 02:41 AM   #2
beanbaguk
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 520d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay View Post
Hi all.

I have a 2012 BMW F30 with a CIC powered navigation business system with Bluetooth integration for my phone.

Suddenly after working fine for a long time, I saw the other day my phone didn't connect. When entering the phone menu in the iDrive system, the screen just reads "Please wait" and a spinning wheel. I can use the knob to go one back and see the menu with "Phonebook, Last number redial, units" etc. but no matter what I select it's the same "Please wait" screen I get.

I googled a bit to find some sort of reboot of the system. All posts say to hold the "mute button" on the radio for 30 seconds. I tried to hold it several times for up to 60 seconds without any sort of reboot at all.

My question here: Any of you guys tried this before? What did you do? Would a battery unplug force it to reboot maybe?
I had this with my old CHAMP2 HU. To get it working again go to telephone and then bluetooth. Disable bluetooth on the HU and then power off the car and turn off bluetooth on your phone. (To make sure it shuts down, get out of the car, lock the doors and walk away from it for at least 5 minutes).

Before you start everything up again, reboot your phone.

Once your phone has rebooted, turn on bluetooth again and start your car.

It should come back to life again. (At least it did for me).
      12-23-2016, 03:30 AM   #3
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbaguk View Post
I had this with my old CHAMP2 HU. To get it working again go to telephone and then bluetooth. Disable bluetooth on the HU and then power off the car and turn off bluetooth on your phone. (To make sure it shuts down, get out of the car, lock the doors and walk away from it for at least 5 minutes).

Before you start everything up again, reboot your phone.

Once your phone has rebooted, turn on bluetooth again and start your car.

It should come back to life again. (At least it did for me).
Thanks for the advice - The problem is even the bluetooth menu directs me to the "Please wait" menu...

I tried yesterday to unplug the battery for 10 minutes and even that didn't help... I'm starting to run out of options here... Could it help to plug in a PC with coding software and hard reset it or something?

My local BMW shop say it could help maybe with software update, but not even sure.
      12-23-2016, 06:45 PM   #4
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep

Nobody has any ideas?
      12-23-2016, 07:49 PM   #5
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay
Nobody has any ideas?
Have you tried a software update yourself from bmw.com/update? Key in your VIN and if there's an update available it'll tell you then copy to a USB and update your current software. Worth a shot.
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 06:52 AM   #6
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWZ4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay
Nobody has any ideas?
Have you tried a software update yourself from bmw.com/update? Key in your VIN and if there's an update available it'll tell you then copy to a USB and update your current software. Worth a shot.
Yeah tried it but my head unit doesn't have the software update menu, so can't update it my self. Again the local shop just said my model (even though it has the Bluetooth option listed on BMW.com/update) isn't possible to update myself
      03-08-2017, 06:58 AM   #7
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep

Just a short update here - my entire car got a dealer update recently (took several hours) and we hoped the problem would be fixed, but no

Still just "Please wait" - been waiting for three freaking months now!
      12-31-2018, 05:27 PM   #8
afsd
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series F30

Quote:
Just a short update here - my entire car got a dealer update recently (took several hours) and we hoped the problem would be fixed, but no

DeeKay (or anyone else!), did you manage to get this fixed?
I have got the exact same issue with my 62 plate F30 3 series.

(ps. i noticed that if i did indeed wait... for ages.... it would sometimes start working, however after switching off the car and back on again it would be back again at "please wait")
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 03:50 PM   #9
DeeKay
Captain
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by afsd View Post
Quote:

DeeKay (or anyone else!), did you manage to get this fixed?
I have got the exact same issue with my 62 plate F30 3 series.

(ps. i noticed that if i did indeed wait... for ages.... it would sometimes start working, however after switching off the car and back on again it would be back again at "please wait")
Sorry. I sold the car, but never got it fixed.