F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmertech MMI rear view cam not working!
ARMA SPEED

11-17-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
dcarp757
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Angry Bimmertech MMI rear view cam not working!

I installed the MMI rear view cam kit 4 days ago and this morning it stopped working. I parked my car and it worked fine. An hour later, I get in, place the car in reverse and nothing! The display doesn't switch to the camera view.

Everything else in the car appears to be normal.

I checked the power connection near the trunk end (small white 2 wire connector) and its fully seated.

I'm less than pleased with the product at this point. I REALLY don't want to remove my glove box again to check the MMI connections! I doubt if anything is disconnected. It will piss me off if I disassemble the glove box again and find that all connections are good!

I may ask for a refund but before I take drastic measures, I'm going to remove the battery power from the car and hopefully it resets the MMI unit. Easy enough.

Has anyone else experienced this??
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 02:09 PM   #2
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarp757 View Post
I installed the MMI rear view cam kit 4 days ago and this morning it stopped working. I parked my car and it worked fine. An hour later, I get in, place the car in reverse and nothing! The display doesn't switch to the camera view.

Everything else in the car appears to be normal.

I checked the power connection near the trunk end (small white 2 wire connector) and its fully seated.

I'm less than pleased with the product at this point. I REALLY don't want to remove my glove box again to check the MMI connections! I doubt if anything is disconnected. It will piss me off if I disassemble the glove box again and find that all connections are good!

I may ask for a refund but before I take drastic measures, I'm going to remove the battery power from the car and hopefully it resets the MMI unit. Easy enough.

Has anyone else experienced this??
Did you email us about it? If not the best way to get it fixed is to get in touch with us by email. If you did please PM me your email address so I can find your ticket.

I'd love to help here but I need more details about your car and your installation.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2016, 06:48 PM   #3
dcarp757
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
To all users, the customer service and support from Patryk and Nelson at Bimmertech is top notch! Thanks for the call Patryk! I hope to resolve this tomorrow as discussed.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 08:08 PM   #4
JujuF30
BMW newbie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I am also having the same problem

I checked all wiring & everything seems to be connected well. What came about this problem. Any solution?
      04-10-2017, 12:02 AM   #5
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Modern Line

Garage List
I've been battling an issue with my OEM Integration kit. The connections are all secure but 8 times out of 10 the camera does not come on when it should. If I slap the side of the dash closest to the head-unit the feed will come back. I had a very similar issue with the camera when I first installed it and BimmerTech sent me a new block connector which had a loose connection in it. I've tried calling BimmerTech several times but I have not been able to reach them. At this point I feel like I should just remove the whole setup and go a different route.
      04-10-2017, 01:57 AM   #6
Patrys@BimmerTech
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by etinifni View Post
I've been battling an issue with my OEM Integration kit. The connections are all secure but 8 times out of 10 the camera does not come on when it should. If I slap the side of the dash closest to the head-unit the feed will come back. I had a very similar issue with the camera when I first installed it and BimmerTech sent me a new block connector which had a loose connection in it. I've tried calling BimmerTech several times but I have not been able to reach them. At this point I feel like I should just remove the whole setup and go a different route.
For all technical/support issues please email us at support@bimmer-tech.net and include your order details.
Most probably we will also need some pictures or videos showing the issue before we can help you. We can't solve such issues on the phone unfortunately.

Btw. when did you call us exactly and from what number? Did you leave a voice mail?
You can send me a PM and I'll check our call logs to see why you couldn't reach us if you called during our working hours.
At this point I don't know what happened because our phones work properly but I'd like to check it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 08:26 AM   #7
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Modern Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrys@BimmerTech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etinifni View Post
For all technical/support issues please email us at support@bimmer-tech.net and include your order details.
Most probably we will also need some pictures or videos showing the issue before we can help you. We can't solve such issues on the phone unfortunately.

Btw. when did you call us exactly and from what number? Did you leave a voice mail?
You can send me a PM and I'll check our call logs to see why you couldn't reach us if you called during our working hours.
At this point I don't know what happened because our phones work properly but I'd like to check it.
I just sent an email to that address with specified information and video clip.
      10-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #8
Joywee
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 435i - Ashe

Can someone help me, I have the rear camera no signal message when my car is in reverse seems like it is occurring more commonly now.
Appreciate 0