F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW CPO Is Worthless - A Story
ARMA SPEED

06-24-2022, 05:08 PM   #45
Icarium81
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018, 330i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnord View Post
the idea that you can get a car that's at a dealership independently inspected seems like a fallacy.

I found one in San Fransisco, they wouldn't allow the car off site, and BMW shops wouldn't go to the dealer to check it out. I found another one in Houston at a Ford dealer, four different BMW indy shops wouldn't go check it out for me, and the dealership wouldn't let it off the lot. They suggested using somebody like autocheck. Which seems like wasted money sending out anybody other than someone that knows the platform.

I'm kinda over the whole thing, and might just go buy an accord or some other appliance that won't be such a pain in the ass to deal with.
If they won't let it off the lot, than they don't want the business obviously. You take any vehicle off the lot to test drive it, whatever or wherever you take it is up to you at that point. Paying a shop guy to go pick it up "for himself ostensibly" would work. Doubt it would be cheap but it would work
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 11:25 PM   #46
tnord
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330 & E46 M3

both vehicles I tried to buy, but couldn't because I had nobody to look at, have since sold.

they don't need my business, they'll get it from someone else with less hassle.

Last edited by tnord; 06-26-2022 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0