F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 24 hr test drive of X3 30d M Sport
proTUNING Freaks

06-24-2018, 07:00 AM   #45
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux700 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Nor did the salesman who priced up a 30d M Sport for me. Prior to this I did tell him of my reservations about not waiting for the M40d (due being used to the 335d performance), the next thing and the sales manager, business manager and some other top guy were involved and was then told by the sales manager that I could order the M40d as it was now officially due August. I've been told October collection.
Lucky bugger!

So what sort of discount and APR did you get?
There's not much flex at the moment due to it being a brand new model. APR was quoted at 5.9 but the deal was given to me via my trade in - I was given an extra 3k to sweeten the deal.
What percentage did you get off? Looks like 11% is currently available on M40i
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 07:11 AM   #46
Lux700
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d - Black Sapphire

On paper it's only about 5% we got, which is because the car isn't even out yet. If I wait another 6 months then I'm sure the deals will get better, but it's the penalty of dealing now I suppose.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 07:27 AM   #47
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
On paper it's only about 5% we got, which is because the car isn't even out yet. If I wait another 6 months then I'm sure the deals will get better, but it's the penalty of dealing now I suppose.
Although that engine isn’t out yet the X3 has been out a while so I would have thought at least a 10% discount would be possible now.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 07:37 AM   #48
Lux700
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Although that engine isn't out yet the X3 has been out a while so I would have thought at least a 10% discount would be possible now.
I've just totalled both up against each other, including the usual Service pack, delivery, RFL, Plates and it'd be £1303 less for me to get the M40i based on the discount you mentioned, which isn't too bad I suppose...
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 07:51 AM   #49
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I've just totalled both up against each other, including the usual Service pack, delivery, RFL, Plates and it'd be £1303 less for me to get the M40i based on the discount you mentioned, which isn't too bad I suppose...
That doesn’t sound bad.

What is the official OTR cash price of the M40d?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 09:06 AM   #50
UK_
Captain
Rep
Drives: 911

Congrats on the M40d. I ’ve got an M40i in order and discounts were around 11% but hard fought. Seems they are generally limiting build slots and not seen dealer demos, delivery nearly
5 months from order but that is partly due to
some options.
I’d imagine the M40d will be immense and I believe there is a full fat X3M on the way too.
The interior definitely feels a step up from my wife’s GC but I’d imagine the next 3 series will also benefit from the newer interior too. Good
to see BMW back on form.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #51
Rbrown
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
What percentage did you get off? Looks like 11% is currently available on M40i
Interesting. When did you run this quote off?

Coast2Coast quoting £2k off today when I run quote. Maybe I did it wrong.

Note - Just realised this was on the diesel. Petrol quoting £2k off.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 10:40 AM   #52
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbrown View Post
Interesting. When did you run this quote off?

Coast2Coast quoting £2k off today when I run quote. Maybe I did it wrong.

Note - Just realised this was on the diesel. Petrol quoting £2k off.
Do you know what, I think that's the discount for the M40d but they've accidentally put M40i! It is under the diesel selection, and the bhp and otr price are for the M40d.

Confirms that the OP could do better than 5% discount if so:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 11:21 AM   #53
Lux700
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Their configurator is completely different to the one that we play will online. I think it's deliberately designed that way to put them in control of adding the options. Also, the packages that they have are different to the consumer configurator. The advantage I had was knowing examinations options I wanted, although you have to monitor every move they make so things aren't added that you don't want, and you make sure you get the things you do want.

Still pondering paint, trim and leather......?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #54
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Their configurator is completely different to the one that we play will online. I think it's deliberately designed that way to put them in control of adding the options. Also, the packages that they have are different to the consumer configurator. The advantage I had was knowing examinations options I wanted, although you have to monitor every move they make so things aren't added that you don't want, and you make sure you get the things you do want.

I've decided on Phytonic Blue, Cognac & hex aluminium.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      06-24-2018, 12:09 PM   #55
Lux700
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I've decided on Phytonic Blue, Cognac & hex aluminium.
I like the black sapphire with black leather... dark and techy! Not ultimately decided yet though
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 12:13 PM   #56
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I like the black sapphire with black leather... dark and techy! Not ultimately decided yet though
Black paint does look great when it’s clean, but it’s far too high maintenance for the high mileage I do, plus it makes the car get so hot this time of year. Black interior is just too dark and drab unless you have the sunroof.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 12:20 PM   #57
Lux700
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Black paint does look great when it's clean, but it's far too high maintenance for the high mileage I do, plus it makes the car get so hot this time of year. Black interior is just too dark and drab unless you have the sunroof.
Pano rood spec'd. Looking at the Phytonic Blue with black leather... if I tick the blue stitched leather it adds marching stitching on dash and carpet trimmed in blue too. I'd like to see it in the flesh - hard to decide on a computer screen.
Appreciate 1
teaston10994.50
      06-24-2018, 12:23 PM   #58
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Black paint does look great when it's clean, but it's far too high maintenance for the high mileage I do, plus it makes the car get so hot this time of year. Black interior is just too dark and drab unless you have the sunroof.
Pano rood spec'd. Looking at the Phytonic Blue with black leather... if I tick the blue stitched leather it adds marching stitching on dash and carpet trimmed in blue too. I'd like to see it in the flesh - hard to decide on a computer screen.
If I had to have the black leather it would be with blue stitching, I remember it looked really smart on the E90 LCI.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 12:27 PM   #59
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Nice!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 12:48 PM   #60
Rbrown
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have phytonic blue with black...and no pano. Doesn't feel dark. With young kids....Black is the safest option!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #61
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbrown View Post
I have phytonic blue with black...and no pano. Doesn't feel dark. With young kids....Black is the safest option!
I suppose it’s what you’re used to, going from my car with coral to my bro in laws with black it is quite a stark difference in interior ambience.
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2765.50
      06-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #62
Lux700
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

If only the colour of the seats could be changed with a twist of a dial, as can the ambient lighting. I've had black before and it's always timeless, good thing about progression is that the seats seem to have got better in style etc, over time.

I like the light leathers but it is a hassle keeping it tip top.
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2765.50
      06-24-2018, 03:08 PM   #63
UK_
Captain
Rep
Drives: 911

Black with no pano is dark IMO (can’t see how it isn’t but we don’t need to talk Physics :-)) I drove a 2.0d with that combo and no Pano and then a 30d with same interior and pano and it
was night and day (literally). Pano is definitely worth it.
Blue stitching is a nice contrast, Vernasca feels better than Dakota. Merino black would have been lovely, no doubt it will be offered soon.
Appreciate 1
Rbrown2765.50
      06-25-2018, 05:23 AM   #64
strike4A
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i LCI Tanzanite Blue II

I went with Carbon Black with Black Leather/Blue Stitching. Needs more regular cleaning of course.

Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      06-25-2018, 06:45 AM   #65
Lux700
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike4A View Post
I went with Carbon Black with Black Leather/Blue Stitching. Needs more regular cleaning of course.

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
Thanks for the pics, they are very helpful. Funnily enough I've been sat in front of my bigger screen mac this morning going through all of the options re, paint/trim/leather and I've put carbon black at the top of my preferred list. I like the blue stitching but am swaying more to the standard oyster stitching but with piano black trim - I really like the dark techy look it gives. I've opted for the panoramic roof so I can make it brighter inside as when I feel the need.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 07:07 AM   #66
ByTheSea
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 320i MSport Auto LCI

Quote:
...with piano black trim - I really like the dark techy look it gives...
I thought so too, until I had it in my previous car. Always looked dusty/dirty, constantly cleaning it. Maybe why my dealer did not like it come trade-in time.
Appreciate 0