F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F15 10.2" Monitor installed to F30 car
GetBMWParts

10-26-2017, 04:05 PM   #221
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line

No problem; never thought of that even when looking right at the pic haha. Good call since the RD will end up seating a bit high after that and the driver's side is a bad idea I'm sure you know. Rearview mirror area would definitely be the way to go and I had a dash cam there for a bit myself with no issues. (just hated seeing the little screen and/or turning it off each trip)

Here's one more shot as a reference - https://1drv.ms/i/s!AkHKmnTUFIO1g5Q7gyBGBla8OWAhPw

That seat was meant to be used, are you going to deny it's purpose in life?
Appreciate 1
1QuikWS61621.50
      10-26-2017, 08:29 PM   #222
Alanjreid257
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW oem parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane435 View Post
cutting the screen seems like it would be easier. Ill have to find a post where someone did that. Id imagine just dremel back the trim on the rear?

Exactly just go through the start of this post it shows pictures of what needs cut it's very minor on the rear corners to lay flush in the dash
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2017, 08:27 PM   #223
Alanjreid257
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks to everyone who bought a screen. To everyone who waited sorry but I'm sold out!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 12:42 PM   #224
Alanjreid257
Enlisted Member
Rep

Christmas In November Just Aquired A Couple More!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 02:11 PM   #225
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
By my pic I just added it is rectangular

Ha! beat me to it - Thanx!

Do you happen to know how high the 10.2 screen is off the dash?
FWIW, height is slightly higher on stock dash than leather dash.

In other words, leather dash actually has more padding so screen is not as high.

Slightly more trimming is needed on the sides of the CID for leather dash install as a result.

Last edited by kabrichx; 11-07-2017 at 10:15 AM..
Appreciate 2
jeffc83725.00
1QuikWS61621.50
      11-06-2017, 02:13 PM   #226
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabrichx View Post
FWIW, height is slightly higher on stock dash than leather dash.

In other words, leather dash actually has more padding so screen is not as high.

Slightly more rrimming is needed on the sides of the CID for leather dash install as a result.
Only if I could've ordered the leather dash when I purchased mine! (jealous here)

For those that might not be comfortable with this, the seller is not only legit but he will ensure everything gets to you quickly and safely. The screen was wrapped up well and he shipped quicker than I could sneeze lol. Highly recommended to grab one while they last! Trimming the screen was easy; just need a nice warm day on the weekend to pop this in permanently and we're all set!

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 02:14 PM   #227
kabrichx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
Only if I could've ordered the leather dash when I purchased mine! (jealous here)
I retrofitted, which is how I know I had to retrim additional plastic for the 10.2” CID to fit.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #228
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabrichx View Post
I retrofitted, which is how I know I had to retrim additional plastic for the 10.2” CID to fit.
Makes sense; I just want that DASH! lol

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #229
Alanjreid257
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
I received the screen from Alanjreid257. Totally brand new. Alan also included a defective screen I asked for so as to help with the modification. I plan on modifying and installing tomorrow. I will update when I am done.

What the fuck man you get a screen from me sign a waiver from the people installing it they break it and I'm sold out so I find you another one for the same price and then you try to screw my man saying he sent you a defective unit and sent him the one they broke back to get him to send you another one so you can recoup your losses we mark every single unit we send out and you sent us back one without the marks then you try to make up a bullshit story about you modified it to see if it would get a better connection I have all your emails showing that you signed a waiver saying the shop was not liable if anything happens and then you cry to me talking about I need another screen that's not how you do business David this is even after I refunded you $100 when I drop the price because I do good business and I sent you a defective unit for FREE for your install so you wouldn't ruin the first one.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 03:32 PM   #230
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I don't know what happened between you two but I will say this: items that are sold on forums are sold as-is. Now if Alan sold a defective screen, it would be on him but this is not the case so you'd better go after the installer on that one. You are also retrofitting at your own risk. Did I blame Alan because I broke my god damn BMW harness last weekend? HELL NO, that was on me! LMAO, I found a workaround anyway but regardless, this is not his issue haha.

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 03:59 PM   #231
jojo7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanjreid257 View Post
What the fuck man you get a screen from me sign a waiver from the people installing it they break it and I'm sold out so I find you another one for the same price and then you try to screw my man saying he sent you a defective unit and sent him the one they broke back to get him to send you another one so you can recoup your losses we mark every single unit we send out and you sent us back one without the marks then you try to make up a bullshit story about you modified it to see if it would get a better connection I have all your emails showing that you signed a waiver saying the shop was not liable if anything happens and then you cry to me talking about I need another screen that's not how you do business David this is even after I refunded you $100 when I drop the price because I do good business and I sent you a defective unit for FREE for your install so you wouldn't ruin the first one.
Come on man, I am not that kind of person. We can video chat and I will show you the two screens in my possession you sent to me. If you marked the screen, the mark should still be there. How will I know where you marked it to destroy it. Ask your friend if the screen sent to him is broken.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 04:04 PM   #232
jojo7
Private First Class
Rep

I am going to post the pictures of the two screens in my possession. I won't let you post accusations and lies on this forum to defame my character. I told you if you want confirmation, let's video chat and I will show you the screens. I want you to delete your comments after the evidence is sent to you.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #233
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Come on man, I am not that kind of person. We can video chat and I will show you the two screens in my possession you sent to me. If you marked the screen, the mark should still be there. How will I know where you marked it to destroy it. Ask your friend if the screen sent to him is broken.
If I may ask, did you receive the screen with the OEM "protector" over it? (mine was brand new and it had the original protector on it) Not trying to step on anyone's toes either, just wanna help if possible. Is it cracked? Doesn't power up?

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 04:12 PM   #234
jojo7
Private First Class
Rep

Yes, that was a normal screen protector. All the two screens you sent to me had it, even the broken one you sent. I took the screen protector plastic off before installation. What does a plastic piece of screen protector got to do with this? I can mail back the screen protector back if he needs it. It should be somewhere in the garage.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #235
jojo7
Private First Class
Rep

I just sent you a picture of the two screens in my possession with stamped date and time. I will post the picture on here when I get to my computer. You can clearly see the plastic cover with the cracked screen. Why will I destroy my reputation because of $400.

I even sent pictures of the screen intact and not working to you friend when I tested it before he agreed to take it back. I sent him a picture of my original screen connected and working and his connected and not working. Check with him.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 04:38 PM   #236
jojo7
Private First Class
Rep

Now, Alan is saying I destroyed the screen during the modification process after I had presented him with evidence. Alan, please delete what you said about me in your earlier post. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 04:55 PM   #237
jojo7
Private First Class
Rep

I don't know why you came to bimmerpost to post falsehood about me based on what your friend told you without verification on my end. I did not have any problem with your purchase. If I am a dubious person, when the shop cracked my first purchase I would have told you it never happened.

However, I took my losses and bought a screen from a friend of yours you recommended. Your friend sent a defective screen, I submitted evidence to him with his screen connected, he agreed to take it back and he apologized. Why do you run to bimmerpost to defame my character and post my real name? This is very wrong man.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #238
Alanjreid257
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I received the screen from Alanjreid257. Totally brand new. Alan also included a defective screen I asked for so as to help with the modification. I plan on modifying and installing tomorrow. I will update when I am done.

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 05:17 PM   #239
jojo7
Private First Class
Rep

Alanjreid257 This is funny man. You repeated the same same post from 229. I am just going to paste a screen shot of your email response after submitting you evidence and you saying "We looked at the screen it's grinded all the way down into the internal board that's why it won't work"

Now your story has changed from me intentionally sending your friend a different broken screen to me sending him the correct screen but then I destroyed it during the modification process. Just retract your story and move on. You and your friend live in different States. How did you examine the screen I sent?

I exchanged several emails with you. You sound like a great guy. Please just accept you were wrong by rushing on here to post falsehood about me and move on. It's even worse that you posted my name.

Last edited by jojo7; 11-17-2017 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 05:40 PM   #240
jojo7
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanjreid257 View Post
The issue here is not even about the screen you sold to me. It's about a screen your friend sold to me. I don't get it. Just retract your story and tell the truth that I sent your friend the right screen.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 04:29 PM   #241
Mwahab
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: F30

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Been while since i last saw a verbal fight in Bimmerpost
shawnsheridan
Appreciate 1
PabloK597.00
      11-18-2017, 04:33 PM   #242
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwahab View Post
Been while since i last saw a verbal fight in Bimmerpost
shawnsheridan
I'm here...

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 3
Mwahab58.50
jojo753.00