F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > WTB: Amp for 2014 F30 - Bimmertech Premium or BavAuto Revenant
Studio RSR

07-10-2021, 09:54 AM   #1
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xDrive

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
As title states, looking for a plug and play amp upgrade for my stereo. I have S676A option. Hifi base stereo and it's terrible.

Prefer a Match Up7 or Audiotec Fischer PP86DSP.

Let me know what you have. I'm in CT

Appreciate 0
      08-04-2021, 03:40 AM   #2
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep
Drives: 06 e91 325ix

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2006 Mini r53 JCW  [0.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
I will suggest you don’t want either of those as they are just audiotec fisher amps with the good features locked out… the match up7bmw is the one to get as it has more power to the underseat subs which they desperately need. It’s absolutely worth the slight additional cost to not have a neutered amp.

A few OEM+ mods:
MTech front bumper, MSport wheel & handbrake, 4AD trim, full rear shades, more to come…
Appreciate 1
johnung4525.00
      08-12-2021, 07:38 AM   #3
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
I will suggest you don't want either of those as they are just audiotec fisher amps with the good features locked out… the match up7bmw is the one to get as it has more power to the underseat subs which they desperately need. It's absolutely worth the slight additional cost to not have a neutered amp.
Is the matchup 7BMW plug and play?

If I got a regular audiotech Fischer amp, what would I need for a harness? Is there a certain model number I should get?
My understanding is that the benefit of bimmertech and matchup 7BMW is that they are already customized for bmw plug and play, right?

I've tried reading through al the threads but I'm so out of the loop/rusty in car audio it's information overload. I was big into them 20 years ago. Now I just want to buy a better amp and swap. However, $800 for a brand new damn amp seems absolutely outrageous to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 10:17 PM   #4
quakerroatmeal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post

If I got a regular audiotech Fischer amp, what would I need for a harness? Is there a certain model number I should get?
My understanding is that the benefit of bimmertech and matchup 7BMW is that they are already customized for bmw plug and play, right?

I've tried reading through al the threads but I'm so out of the loop/rusty in car audio it's information overload. I was big into them 20 years ago. Now I just want to buy a better amp and swap. However, $800 for a brand new damn amp seems absolutely outrageous to me.
The Match Up 7BMW is completely plug and play and customized for our vehicles already. I understand it's quite expensive but I just went ahead and bit the bullet and purchased one new since I could not find a used one either.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 11:55 PM   #5
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
Yes, and it is worth every penny for the absolute control over every channel, and every aspect of every channel.
I finally did custom t/a and xovers and eq. Completely transformed it from adequate stock, to good (base tune) to excellent.

The best comparison I can give is going from watching a blu ray movie on tv sound to a 2.1 sound bar to a true 5.1 system.

A few OEM+ mods:
MTech front bumper, MSport wheel & handbrake, 4AD trim, full rear shades, more to come…
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 08:05 AM   #6
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal View Post
Quote:

The Match Up 7BMW is completely plug and play and customized for our vehicles already. I understand it's quite expensive but I just went ahead and bit the bullet and purchased one new since I could not find a used one either.
Same here. I've been looking and posting everywhere I can think of, but can't anything. I'd settle for any of them bc either is better than what I have.

What was the total final cost and where did you buy it from?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 08:07 AM   #7
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, and it is worth every penny for the absolute control over every channel, and every aspect of every channel.
I finally did custom t/a and xovers and eq. Completely transformed it from adequate stock, to good (base tune) to excellent.

The best comparison I can give is going from watching a blu ray movie on tv sound to a 2.1 sound bar to a true 5.1 system.
Other than the audio Fischer amp, what else is needed? I assume I need a harness…. Do I need to make that myself?

What did the audiotech Fischer non customized amp run you?

I don't want to have to use my laptop to make it sound good…
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 06:30 PM   #8
quakerroatmeal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Same here. I've been looking and posting everywhere I can think of, but can't anything. I'd settle for any of them bc either is better than what I have.

What was the total final cost and where did you buy it from?
I end up ordering it from Crutchfield it end up being 1082$ shipped. You do not need anything else it's completely plug and play. Only need a laptop/computer to upload the tuning file for it.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2021, 09:52 PM   #9
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
Quote:

It’s not jsut an amp, its a plug n play 7 channel amp and a dsp all in one.
Amd I wish it was $800. It’s $999.99.

But I understand some people jsut want to pop an amp in and be done.

In that case look at the bavsound which os a matchup7 as well. Think it had a tune file preloaded, but obviously that are very generic and not as good as one someone (or yourself) can make specific to your car.

A few OEM+ mods:
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 08:44 AM   #10
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

In that case look at the bavsound which os a matchup7 as well. Think it had a tune file preloaded, but obviously that are very generic and not as good as one someone (or yourself) can make specific to your car.
I used to be a audiophile back in the day. About 20 years ago. I am very out of the loop. WTf is DSP? I don't know why I need that or what it does? I just want more power to my speakers so they don't sound terrible like they do now?

What happened to do the days of spending $2-300 on a Rockford or Kenwood amp, wiring it up and shaking your car apart?

From what I read, hifi speakers are pretty good, they are just very underpowered. Adding an amp supposedly produces great quality. Is my only option dropping $1k on a damn amp to increase power? I really don't want to spend time toying around with audio tunes on a laptop. Would like to just play around with settings via iDrive even if it's just treble, mid, and bass. Just want to keep it simple but I struggle w the price tag of these amps. I had reached out to bimmertech before and I had thought the $800 price was for the amp AND speaker set. When they told me it was for the amp only I was dumbfounded. I am seeing now, the Revanant, bimmertech, and Matchup 7BMW are all in same range. I read some threads on here saying the Revanant was no good…

I probably need hearing aids at this point. When I was younger, I used to run 3 amps and 12 speakers, second battery w/ isolator, Upgraded alternator. The works. Probably destroyed my ears.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 10:59 AM   #11
quakerroatmeal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I used to be a audiophile back in the day. About 20 years ago. I am very out of the loop. WTf is DSP? I don't know why I need that or what it does? I just want more power to my speakers so they don't sound terrible like they do now?

What happened to do the days of spending $2-300 on a Rockford or Kenwood amp, wiring it up and shaking your car apart?

From what I read, hifi speakers are pretty good, they are just very underpowered. Adding an amp supposedly produces great quality. Is my only option dropping $1k on a damn amp to increase power? I really don't want to spend time toying around with audio tunes on a laptop. Would like to just play around with settings via iDrive even if it's just treble, mid, and bass. Just want to keep it simple but I struggle w the price tag of these amps. I had reached out to bimmertech before and I had thought the $800 price was for the amp AND speaker set. When they told me it was for the amp only I was dumbfounded. I am seeing now, the Revanant, bimmertech, and Matchup 7BMW are all in same range. I read some threads on here saying the Revanant was no good…

I probably need hearing aids at this point. When I was younger, I used to run 3 amps and 12 speakers, second battery w/ isolator, Upgraded alternator. The works. Probably destroyed my ears.
I was the same when I was younger. You just have to understand all the technology in newer cars make everything that much more expensive. And these amp's comes with a direct plug and play wiring harness. Sure you could run a 200-300$ amp with wiring kit to the factory speakers if you'd like but it'll be hell of a lot more work. You literally load up a file that's already made for your vehicle and you're done it's quite simple.
Appreciate 2
johnung4525.00
      08-29-2021, 11:43 AM   #12
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

The BavSound is not just a tuned down AF amplifier, it is a lower model of hardware. Go past all of their marketing BS and read the specs. It's a generic single amp that doesn't customize the amount of power to each speaker at all. BavSound is charging a super high price for a comparably low end amplifier.

The actual AF Match 7BMW amplifier is really two amplifiers in a single chassis. It's (5) channels of power to the door and dashboard mods/tweeters that give them what they need without blowing them and (2) channels of much higher power to the two underseat subs to provide them with what they need.

The DSP of the Match 7BMW is actually much more robust that the DSP in the BMW high end Harman Kardon system. It's simple to just load a program designed for the sound characteristics of your car and forget it. Or you can delve into it deeper and program each nuance as much as you like.

The stock speakers are high quality and will sound great with the Match 7BMW. But the underseat subs are lacking. The absolute best underseat subs for those small BMW underseat sub cabinets are Earthquake SWS-8Xi (2-ohm) subs which can be found at Walmart online, Amazon, ECS and direct from Earthquake. You also need a pair of Earthquake 8" spacer rings about $25/pair (from Earthquake if retailers are out of stock)

Installation is very easy. Remove four seat rail bolts, tilt the seat back. Remove speaker cover bolts and remove stock sub.
Tip: some early subs are light glued in. Just remove a couple more screws and place the entire plastic speaker box in the freezer for an hour to make the glue brittle. Then work a plastic trim tool around the edge and the sub will pop right out.

Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-29-2021, 11:56 AM   #13
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It's not jsut an amp, its a plug n play 7 channel amp and a dsp all in one.
Amd I wish it was $800. It's $999.99.

The BavSound is not just a tuned down AF amplifier, it is a lower model of hardware. Go past all of their marketing BS and read the specs. It's a generic single amp that doesn't customize the amount of power to each speaker at all. BavSound is charging a super high price for a comparably low end amplifier.

The actual AF Match 7BMW amplifier is really two amplifiers in a single chassis. It's (5) channels of power to the door and dashboard mods/tweeters that give them what they need without blowing them and (2) channels of much higher power to the two underseat subs to provide them with what they need.

The DSP of the Match 7BMW is actually much more robust that the DSP in the BMW high end Harman Kardon system. It's simple to just load a program designed for the sound characteristics of your car and forget it. Or you can delve into it deeper and program each nuance as much as you like.

The stock speakers are high quality and will sound great with the Match 7BMW. But the underseat subs are lacking. The absolute best underseat subs for those small BMW underseat sub cabinets are Earthquake SWS-8Xi (2-ohm) subs which can be found at Walmart online, Amazon, ECS and direct from Earthquake. You also need a pair of Earthquake 8" spacer rings about $25/pair (from Earthquake if retailers are out of stock)

Installation is very easy. Remove four seat rail bolts, tilt the seat back. Remove speaker cover bolts and remove stock sub.
Tip: some early subs are light glued in. Just remove a couple more screws and place the entire plastic speaker box in the freezer for an hour to make the glue brittle. Then work a plastic trim tool around the edge and the sub will pop right out.

Hope this helps!
Photo shows Earthquake spacer rings and part number. Sold by the pair.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 11:19 PM   #14
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope this helps!
Yeah if I can get my hands on a used match up 7BMW that would be ideal. The Revenant is sold out until later this year, all of bimmertechs stuff seem like lightly modified products sold at a much higher price. Like the MMI that's $200ish on Ali express. I think they charge like $5-600 for it. Sort of turns me off with them. So that leaves me with the match up 7BMW. Someone here has gotta sell their car or crash it & part out at some point? I'll tell ya… I can't find any of the three, used anywhere for sale.

If I can find a used amp at a decent price, I will 100% jump on the earthquake subs. Been planning on that.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 11:23 PM   #15
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal View Post
Quote:

I was the same when I was younger. You just have to understand all the technology in newer cars make everything that much more expensive. And these amp's comes with a direct plug and play wiring harness. Sure you could run a 200-300$ amp with wiring kit to the factory speakers if you'd like but it'll be hell of a lot more work. You literally load up a file that's already made for your vehicle and you're done it's quite simple.
You know of any good videos on how to wire it up? Would like the gauge how in depth it is…

I don't care much about the tuning and all. I won't be "dialing" anything in. Just adjusting the bass mid and treble on the head unit would be good enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 12:21 AM   #16
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope this helps!
Yeah if I can get my hands on a used match up 7BMW that would be ideal. The Revenant is sold out until later this year, all of bimmertechs stuff seem like lightly modified products sold at a much higher price. Like the MMI that's $200ish on Ali express. I think they charge like $5-600 for it. Sort of turns me off with them. So that leaves me with the match up 7BMW. Someone here has gotta sell their car or crash it & part out at some point? I'll tell ya… I can't find any of the three, used anywhere for sale.

If I can find a used amp at a decent price, I will 100% jump on the earthquake subs. Been planning on that.
IMO don't waste your time trying to find a used amp. These models haven't been out that long so your odds are poor of finding one. Just shop a little, buy the Match 7BMW and enjoy it. It's true plug and play so installation is pretty simple.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 01:11 AM   #17
gameson
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 320i N20

Would replacing head unit help in getting the most out of hifi speaker? Or do i need to buy the amp as well? I too have s676 options. My HU is nbt and going to replace it with nbt evo HU

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 08:21 AM   #18
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameson View Post
Would replacing head unit help in getting the most out of hifi speaker? Or do i need to buy the amp as well? I too have s676 options. My HU is nbt and going to replace it with nbt evo HU

Thanks.
No. HU won't change much if anything in terms of speaker output
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2021, 08:23 AM   #19
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As title states, looking for a plug and play amp upgrade for my stereo. I have S676A option. Hifi base stereo and it's terrible.

Bump
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 01:27 PM   #20
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Bump
Bump
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 11:20 AM   #21
husnuke
Rep
Drives: 2022 X7 40i

Quote:
Bump
I have a Bavsound Revenant amp for sale. I used it on ex F36 and it doesn't fit my current car. I used it around 30K miles and had no issues. I have 2 kids and I bought it for clarity and didn't go over 50% volume.

Here is the thread I created before buying it: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1538430
Appreciate 0