F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > New amp - Audiotec Fischer's Match-Up 7BMW
GetBMWParts

03-11-2019, 11:59 AM   #89
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Try here: https://www.newtis.info/
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 06:40 AM   #90
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlybirdy View Post
I installed the Match Up 7BMW amplifier and it's a major improvement over the stock hifi. It brings the the stock speakers to life and it made me smile when I heard the clean sound coming from the system. The underseat woofers now generate solid bass which can only be improved by a subwoofer in the trunk.

The amp tune file that I am using is provided by forum member foveon and it can be found here under post #2. Thank you foveon for your hard work. https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1182351

Also, the ASD "noise" is substantially reduced by this amp. My car is noticeably quieter and music now takes priority over hearing the sound of the engine changing gears under hard acceleration.
I have installed the MatchUp7 amp. But it doesn't seem to recognise any tune except the standard tunes from the Audiotech Fisher website. Is there a trick to getting it to accept Foveon's tune for example?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2019, 02:47 PM   #91
Chuckyarla
Captain
Ireland
Rep
Drives: G11 730d M-Sport 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wgosma View Post
The user/install manual for the amplifier can be downloaded from the Audiotech-Fischer website.

I don't know if their DSP tool for tuning runs on a Mac, take a look at their website. Regardless, you should be able to download the tune file and w/USB cable connecting amp to computer (PC or Mac), transfer the file to the UP7. You don't need to 'open' the tune file at any point nor do you need to use their tune software to transfer the file from your computer to amplifier.

Good luck/Bill
How do you do that? How do you load a tune on to the amp?
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2019, 09:54 PM   #92
DreamerJoe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M.G. w red interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckyarla View Post
Quote:
The user/install manual for the amplifier can be downloaded from the Audiotech-Fischer website.

I don't know if their DSP tool for tuning runs on a Mac, take a look at their website. Regardless, you should be able to download the tune file and w/USB cable connecting amp to computer (PC or Mac), transfer the file to the UP7. You don't need to 'open' the tune file at any point nor do you need to use their tune software to transfer the file from your computer to amplifier.

Good luck/Bill
I would imagine using their software and connecting it via a usb cable. download the manual and take a look, should have step by step instructions and I'm sure their software was designed to be easy to use as well as transfer the files.
      03-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #93
ashenfie
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 Auto 320d

These are simply expensive because they are plug in and play. I plugged in an Audison Prima AP5.9 to a BMW with basic audio. It's not hard to do, but hard working out what to do.

If I had the HK system, I don't think I would make the effort. The basic or hifi system worth while improvements can be made.

Improve the amp. gives you the best boost as the speakers are ok, its the lack of power that kills the sound. Plus BMW filters the sound to prevent rattles. If you have a basic system then you're short of the two front tweeters. So for me I added some Eton speakers and additional trim required.

The lack of power of the systems is the biggest limiting factor here. Adding speakers with better magnets & coils does not help much if you don't really have enough power to drive them everything stays sounding rather soft.

Depending on what you want to achieve a 4/5/6/ or 9 channel amp is required. You needs some sort of DSP or way to balance/eq the sound else it will be a very top heavy sound balance.

You can buy the pre made cables available but again very expensive and not necessary as it very easy to make the cables for a 10th of the price.

So using standard amp with DSP and making my own cables I saved around 40% over the plug in and play route.

Sound wise replacing the amp. gives tuneful solid bass and much more detail top end. The rather soft sound of the BMW system has gone.

Last edited by ashenfie; 03-28-2019 at 09:39 AM..
Appreciate 1
Wgosma806.00
      04-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #94
Fthree6mafia
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 435i Gran Coupe M Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Good luck/Bill
Quote:
Quote:

Good luck/Bill
I have the same question. I couldn't find it in the manual or anywhere on the forum. Also my computer may not be recognizing the amp properly when plugged in. Do we need to open it as a storage device, then drop the file on the amp? There certainly isn't anywhere within the software to "upload" to amp, that I've found. I can only save it to my computer. Seems obvious, but an important step that isn't explained, like anywhere!!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 03:06 PM   #95
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

The older model 82DSP amplifier had a micro SD card slot which could be loaded with two (2) separate tune files - in addition, next to the card slot there was a tiny push 'control' button one could externally toggle to move from one tune file to the other. I think that's why I stated in above posts that one could load a tune file w/o using the Audiotech software, not really a 'correct' statement, excuse me on that. So it seems on this older 82DSP one could either use the micro SD card containing 2 tune files and manually toggle between the two OR use the audiotech software to 'load' a tune file into the amp. The newer Up7 amplifier has no micro SD card slot but retains the 'control' push button such that the user can externally toggle the tune files w/o using the tuning software......

This might help a bit regards the software tool; I don't have all the steps listed here but take a look. As I recall when I first attempted to get my Win 7 laptop talking to the amp (I'm using Bimmertech 82DSP older model amp) I ran into some issue where I did not have the proper driver...I think Windows alerted me and then did a search and located/installed a driver; I'm running low on my own memory on this, darn can't really exactly recall- but I did have driver hiccup when I started into this software.

Obviously the two devices need to be talking to use the software. As best I can tell the computer does not show the amplifier connected as a external 'device' (such as when you connect a USB thumb drive, etc.) - at least I don't see it when I open my control panel in Win 7.

Couple of pic's might help a bit.
This first screen shot (snip-1) is what you should see when you have computer connected to amp and first initiate/run the software.

Then click the 'CONNECT" tab/message shown in red. That should bring up what you seen in next screen shot (snip-2). 82DSP amp is capable of storing 2 separate tune profiles; what you see is (1) V3_F25.... and (2) no setup loaded ('no setup loaded' meant I only stored one tune file). On that screen, if I select (2) no setup loaded then move my cursor down and click 'LOAD" tab then the software pulls up what you seen in the 3rd screen shot (snip-3)- the software has gone to my computer and brought up a list of tune (.apfx) files from which I can highlight one to load to the amp. Highlight the selected file, cursor up to top of screen and click on 'LOAD' tab (located between RESET and Save/Store) and the file is loaded over to the amplifier.

Hope this helps; it's a place to start. I do believe that if the software and amp are NOT talking you'll get a message from your computer, again it may be a driver is needed.

Good luck/Bill
Attached Images

Last edited by Wgosma; 04-20-2019 at 06:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 10:48 PM   #96
Fthree6mafia
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 435i Gran Coupe M Sport

Quote:
The older model 82DSP amplifier had a micro SD card slot which could be loaded with two (2) separate tune files - in addition, next to the card slot there was a tiny push 'control' button one could externally toggle to move from one tune file to the other. I think that's why I stated in above posts that one could load a tune file w/o using the Audiotech software, not really a 'correct' statement, excuse me on that. So it seems on this older 82DSP one could either use the micro SD card containing 2 tune files and manually toggle between the two OR use the audiotech software to 'load' a tune file into the amp. The newer Up7 amplifier has no micro SD card slot but retains the 'control' push button such that the user can externally toggle the tune files w/o using the tuning software......

This might help a bit regards the software tool; I don't have all the steps listed here but take a look. As I recall when I first attempted to get my Win 7 laptop talking to the amp (I'm using Bimmertech 82DSP older model amp) I ran into some issue where I did not have the proper driver...I think Windows alerted me and then did a search and located/installed a driver; I'm running low on my own memory on this, darn can't really exactly recall- but I did have driver hiccup when I started into this software.

Obviously the two devices need to be talking to use the software. As best I can tell the computer does not show the amplifier connected as a external 'device' (such as when you connect a USB thumb drive, etc.) - at least I don't see it when I open my control panel in Win 7.

This first screen shot (snip-1) is what you should see when you have computer connected to amp and first initiate/run the software.

Then click the 'CONNECT" tab/message shown in red. That should bring up what you seen in next screen shot (snip-2). 82DSP amp is capable of storing 2 separate tune profiles; what you see is (1) V3_F25.... and (2) no setup loaded ('no setup loaded' meant I only stored one tune file). On that screen, if I select (2) no setup loaded then move my cursor down and click 'LOAD" tab then the software pulls up what you seen in the 3rd screen shot (snip-3)- the software has gone to my computer and brought up a list of tune (.apfx) files from which I can highlight one to load to the amp. Highlight the selected file, cursor up to top of screen and click on 'LOAD' tab (located between RESET and Save/Store) and the file is loaded over to the amplifier.

Hope this helps; it's a place to start. I do believe that if the software and amp are NOT talking you'll get a message from your computer, again it may be a driver is needed.

Good luck/Bill
Quote:

Good luck/Bill
Thanks Bill. Meant to post earlier, figured it out. Needed to install USB driver. Which was mentioned on this forum (not in the manual). Thanks for your detailed response. I figured software installed included that to recognize the amp when plugged in; guess not - driver installed separately. So for those needing this info- go to the Program Files or in the Start menu drill down and install the USB driver after installing the AF software. Then when plugged in the software will recognize the amp and when you save your tune, it will save the same on the amp. This all may be bc the only PC I have (that isn't a work computer) is running Vista and is ancient. For those wondering, you can make changes to a tune in demo mode and save it to your pc, but you will not actually change settings on the amp until it shows "connected" in the window header. Ver 4.50.

Overall satisfied so far. Running stock drivers, with the exception of some Alpine tweeters I had laying around and installed prior to getting the amp. I was running the standard BMW limo tune but changed to faveon's file when I finally got the amp to connect earlier tonight. Kind of hard to judge the difference in amp tunes right now, as it also finally activated the output to my trunk sub I just install last week. Ears are focused on newly found sub bass, which was plentiful. I'll write a more detailed review of my Match UP 7BMW experience thus far after I've had another week or so to form a better opinion.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 10:13 AM   #97
Wgosma
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 28i (N52)

Sounds good!
If you haven't already done so it's definitely worth checking the time alignment of the speakers (mids/tweeters)- I noticed a nice improvement in the sound stage in my X3 when I aligned speakers to driver seating position. I suppose my passengers will suffer inferior quality but such is life, it's mostly me alone In the car.

Bill
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 05:51 AM   #98
guigui92350
Private
Rep
Drives: 118i M Sport Ultimate

Hi guys,

A lot of information in this thread, thanks a lot.
When a want to change the tune file, I just need to click on the Load button, that's all ?
If I do some modification in live, should I redo the Load if it automaticcaly synch ?

Another question (maybe I should wait but I'm not patient ).
I installed the amp, and put the SUV tune file I found on the website (hope I did it correctly). All the sound seems to come from the center speaker that is very strange.
I will upgrade front door and rear pillar speakers on friday, the only speaker that is already upgrade is the center speaker. Can this explain that I feel that all the sound is coming from the center channel ?

Anyway, is someone has a good tune file for F20 2018 ?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2019, 12:59 PM   #99
jedi-knight83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F36 430d GC, XKR, Clio 172

Thought I would post in here rather than making another thread.

I'm sure I've read it somewhere and not just imagined it... but if you disconnect some of the speakers (the rear speakers for instance) the amp will re allocated the power from those channels and make the other channels more powerful?

Is that total BS or actually true.

If so... would it work just by unplugging the rear speakers, or would you need to delete those channels in the IO screen on the software?

Thanks
      11-25-2019, 03:24 AM   #100
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi-knight83 View Post
Thought I would post in here rather than making another thread.

I'm sure I've read it somewhere and not just imagined it... but if you disconnect some of the speakers (the rear speakers for instance) the amp will re allocated the power from those channels and make the other channels more powerful?

Is that total BS or actually true.

If so... would it work just by unplugging the rear speakers, or would you need to delete those channels in the IO screen on the software?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 07:37 AM   #101
wilbur_the_goose
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 330ix Gran Turismo

On Friday, I traded my '14 F30 for an '18 F34. I've worked with the dealer's service department a lot in the past, and they swapped the Audiotec Fischer into my new car.

Having just heard the stock amp during my test drive, I was quickly reminded of just how well the Audiotec Fischer works. The difference was stunning.

When the sales rep was in our car explaining iDrive 5 differences, I put on some music and he was shocked at the difference. He wanted to know more, so I showed him the Crutchfield page.

This sales rep (with whom I've worked previously) has been selling BMWs for > 20 years, and he's not easily impressed.

PS - Thanks again to BMW of Reading (PA) for swapping the amps for me while I waited. They're truly an awesome BMW dealer with great staff.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 10:24 AM   #102
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

It makes you wonder why BMW did such a lousy job with the electronics, when by far it's where the most improvement will be had.
Quote:
It's not true, but there is a factual basis in this particular myth. Member johnung replaced his under seat woofers with SWS Earthquakes and installed a separate amp to power them. He reported that this gave a major improvement all around, not just in the bass. The explanation for that is the power supply in the stock amp provides current for all the amp channels. The woofer amp channels draw most of that current. When those amps are cranking it can starve the other channels for current. When those woofer amp channels are no longer acting as current hogs that leaves more current available to the other channels, improving how they work.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 09:09 AM   #103
f31_drver
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
...The explanation for that is the power supply in the stock amp provides current for all the amp channels. The woofer amp channels draw most of that current. When those amps are cranking it can starve the other channels for current. When those woofer amp channels are no longer acting as current hogs that leaves more current available to the other channels, improving how they work.
That sounds like a good explanation. But would this only benefit the max loudness or also the sound quality?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 09:44 AM   #104
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Sound quality as well. Distortion is high when the amp runs out of current.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 05:39 PM   #105
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 & G01

The best part about the amp is the ability to set delay, individual channel loudness adjustment and EQ. Without this, it's hard to get good imaging. When I first install the amp with OEM speakers without tuning, I can feel it can play louder with lower distortion but imaging is still the same as OEM amp which sucks.

Last edited by pierreye; 03-05-2020 at 08:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 08:11 AM   #106
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
UP 7BMW amp fully works with HK(674), however OEM amp must be plugged back in if car is taken to dealer for updates or diagnostics.
Why is this necessary?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 11:32 AM   #107
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Why is this necessary?
Software updates and diagnostics at dealer require the OEM amp connected to proceed -OEM amp is part of the CAN Bus.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 11:17 AM   #108
kdont3
Rep
Drives: 2016 328xi

Anyone know how to connect a separate amp+subwoofer to this Match amp?

I see the Line Out with what looks like one RCA connection and the Remote out with 2 outputs for remote wire.

Do I just connect wire from the Positive terminal of the Remote Out on the amp to the remote line in subwoofer amp, then pick one RCA to plug into the Line out to connect to the subwoofer amp?

Picture attached of the Match.

I guess that makes sense. Im just a little confused because the Technics PnP add a sub LOC harness I'm using has Two RCA and one remote wire.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2020, 03:27 PM   #109
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Match amp sub output is mono.

Use an RCA splitter in reverse as the inputs of your sub amp -1 RCA to 2 RCA. Remote out from Match to remote in at your sub amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdont3 View Post
Anyone know how to connect a separate amp+subwoofer to this Match amp?

I see the Line Out with what looks like one RCA connection and the Remote out with 2 outputs for remote wire.

Do I just connect wire from the Positive terminal of the Remote Out on the amp to the remote line in subwoofer amp, then pick one RCA to plug into the Line out to connect to the subwoofer amp?

Picture attached of the Match.

I guess that makes sense. Im just a little confused because the Technics PnP add a sub LOC harness I'm using has Two RCA and one remote wire.

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 1
kdont30.00
      04-28-2020, 08:18 PM   #110
kdont3
Rep
Drives: 2016 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encanto View Post
Match amp sub output is mono.

Use an RCA splitter in reverse as the inputs of your sub amp -1 RCA to 2 RCA. Remote out from Match to remote in at your sub amp.
thanks man!
Appreciate 0