F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 328i NBT Evo Retrofit
ARMA SPEED

12-06-2018, 12:35 PM   #1
akke92
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 328i M Sport

Lightbulb 328i NBT Evo Retrofit

Hey Guys!

My '13 328i f30 M Sport is currently equipped with the HU_Entry without a combox and i'm sick of lacking the music streaming through bluetooth.
I thought, why not do a NBT upgrade to obtain that, and after some research i realised that if you retrofit a NBT Evo with ID5/6 you can also enable Apple Carplay.

Now this seems really interesting to me and as i'm a radio technician i'm very used to installing in the car environment. So the installation is no worries, but what's stopping me is that i don't know exactly what i'll need.

As far as tools go i'm all set, already got all the installation tools needed aswell as a Laptop with ESys and a ENET cable. All i need is a list of things to purchase for the retrofit and i'll be good to go!
I've heard you need some sort of emulator for the new iDrive controller to function properly with the built in touch, and that you'll need some new wiring for it to fully function.

Does anyone know more specific all the items required for this type of installation? If so, please share your expertise with me so that i may start this months car project!

Best regards,
akke92
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 05:47 PM   #2
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by akke92 View Post
Hey Guys!

My '13 328i f30 M Sport is currently equipped with the HU_Entry without a combox and i'm sick of lacking the music streaming through bluetooth.
I thought, why not do a NBT upgrade to obtain that, and after some research i realised that if you retrofit a NBT Evo with ID5/6 you can also enable Apple Carplay.

Now this seems really interesting to me and as i'm a radio technician i'm very used to installing in the car environment. So the installation is no worries, but what's stopping me is that i don't know exactly what i'll need.

As far as tools go i'm all set, already got all the installation tools needed aswell as a Laptop with ESys and a ENET cable. All i need is a list of things to purchase for the retrofit and i'll be good to go!
I've heard you need some sort of emulator for the new iDrive controller to function properly with the built in touch, and that you'll need some new wiring for it to fully function.

Does anyone know more specific all the items required for this type of installation? If so, please share your expertise with me so that i may start this months car project!

Best regards,
akke92
Ur gonna need the hu, screen (make sure it an evo screen), emulator or new expensive fsc codes, Bluetooth antenna, also if u want navigation ur gonna need an atm emulator too.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 02:32 AM   #3
Vortex8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW GT 328xi

I've similar car, and as far as my research goes, if you have preLCI, NBT Evo is not worth it. You'll have to use emulators etc.

If you have LCI it should be easier, but you'll still need ATM which not so easy to retrofit.

In my opinion NBT ID4 is a way to go for a preLCI car. I don't have TCB unit for telemetry and ConnectedDrive so I am discussing with the dealer right now to officially retrofit that one. With this I will have full ConnectedDrive with no emulators, which I think is the most stable way to go.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 05:43 AM   #4
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex8 View Post
I've similar car, and as far as my research goes, if you have preLCI, NBT Evo is not worth it. You'll have to use emulators etc.

If you have LCI it should be easier, but you'll still need ATM which not so easy to retrofit.

In my opinion NBT ID4 is a way to go for a preLCI car. I don't have TCB unit for telemetry and ConnectedDrive so I am discussing with the dealer right now to officially retrofit that one. With this I will have full ConnectedDrive with no emulators, which I think is the most stable way to go.
You are gonna pay a fortune to go thru bmw. Prolly pay thousands more than to get a 50$ emulator which I never had a problem with.

I'm talking about regular nbt. Atm emulators are more expensive.
Appreciate 0