F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Valvetronic error
proTUNING Freaks

03-03-2022, 01:07 PM   #1
Euro.SK
Rep
Drives: BMW f30 335i

Valvetronic error

Hello!

I ended up swapping my valvetronic motor out since mine gave out at 35k miles. I went with the FCP Euro Kit for it and when I put everything back together, I tried using ISTA + and for some reason it's now allowing me to relearn the valvetronic positions. My friend tried to help he mentioned put the car in ACC mode then allow the gears to open up and discconect the harness for the valvetronic motor then drive it to him. Where he was also having trouble when we tried to do the learning phrase processes.

I do get the code of 134F01 Valvetronic, adjustment range: Basic Learning outside of tolerances this was from my bimmerlink app. While on ISTA + the code is the same just mentioned as Valvetronic, adjustment range: Master adaptations outside tolerances.

I checked my grounds on the injector brackets all look good and made sure to look at other cables nothing is damaged or disconnected.

I'm not sure if I ended up getting a bad valvetronic motor or what is going on.

For the process I ended up following the YouTube video exact steps and did everything the same.

Any help would be appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2023, 06:15 AM   #2
Basby1001
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i 2014 MODEL

Having the same problem
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 06:37 AM   #3
Revoltos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i

Did you change the eccentric shaft as well?

You could try disconnecting both the battery positive and negative leads (do not close the boot/tailgate/trunk after you have disconnected the battery)
Leave it disconnected for as long as you can, 30 mins plus would be ideal. When you reconnect, see if it will re-learn adaptations through ISTA. Failing that, you might need to take the VC off again and manipulate the eccentric shaft from end stop to end stop to help bed it in. If you feel any notchy gears or binding, your eccentric shaft gear is worn and will need replacing.
Appreciate 0